PDA

View Full Version : Lyrics of Summer

gxhpainter2
06-16-2012, 08:28 AM
a mix of musical symbology, and warm summer colors...hope you enjoy it.:cool:

screenpainter
06-16-2012, 09:39 AM
love the little Kandinskyian elements in this one. leads the imagination to fun places. and some of the playfulness of Klee. I also appreciate the many sub paintings in this one that can be appreciated on their own. I do think it actually looks better without the frame, but that is jmho. the title is a bit incongruous with what I feel from the painting, but then again it is jmho. ;)

gxhpainter2
06-16-2012, 09:44 AM
Albert.. I see what you mean... about the border... and the sub paintings I like the three you picked out they make nice works by themselves

chinapete
06-16-2012, 09:57 AM
... I also hear music where your exuberant brushwork spills over the frame ... :):)

silvy
06-17-2012, 04:33 AM
Love this work gxhpainter:):)

Marilyn Anne
06-17-2012, 04:36 AM
Melody enchanting!

pat1940
06-18-2012, 02:45 AM
Glad I checked this again Gary, I thought I had already commented on this one, like it very much, great colors, BTW how is your puppy;)

jibes
06-18-2012, 04:02 AM
Many great textures with deep low key richness of colors that make the light parts pop. Gary, I have come to expect a border on your paintings now but the jury is still out on whether it's a good thing to do or not. As long as the colors match the painting I think is important and yours match up nice.
I like what Albert has done too, I sometimes crop my paintings to get the best part and it shows how good your compositions are when you can extract parts to make a whole new composition from the mother.
Well done!

cartuneman
06-18-2012, 04:22 AM
OMG I love this

Caesar
06-18-2012, 08:07 PM
Feasting at summernight, when the temperature gets pleasant and comortable again to move and dance under the stars and in the breeze ...

semd74
06-18-2012, 08:17 PM
Very nice with a warm flow to it...

barnburner
06-18-2012, 10:27 PM
Gary, I like this one a lot! Very fine job. :) :) :) :)

Alexandra
06-18-2012, 10:57 PM
Oh yeah.....

chinapete
06-19-2012, 04:20 AM
gary, my two cents, which in today's economy is not worth the alloy it is imprinted on :) ... anyway, it seems that by definition a frame is a form of cropping ... it is a method for having reality cropped out and art cropped in ... of course, a successful frame attempts to be invisible, especially when its purpose is to harmonize an artwork with an environment ... you can see this clearly in much of medieval art as it is presented in museums, where, when taken from a dark recess in an ancient church, and subjected to glaring, artificial light, the frame often appears garish ... it may be that the frame was over-illuminated in order to catch the eye in a dark, candle-lit surrounding, but anyway the frame was not to overwhelm the inner symbolic (unnatural) light of the painting itself ...

... from the above, it follows that a frame out of harmony with its environment may draw attention to itself, and that is why I noticed the detail where the paint spills over the first interior frame ... the play then is in the framing, and the eye momentarily is taken outside of the artistic area of interest, only to be checked again by another frame, and all this creates a secondary tension away from painting's the center of interest ... unless, of course, that detail was meant to be the main area of visual interest ...

D Akey
06-19-2012, 03:47 PM
Cool. Sort of reminds me of Big Thunder Mountain the train ride through the caves at Disneyland.

Also lots of earthy darks with colored lights in stylized spelunker's vignettes. Cool.

gxhpainter2
06-21-2012, 03:59 AM
to everyone thanks for all the commentary on this, and the take that Albert (screenpainter) had on it also..I found your comments helpful and will guide future works... they are ALL greatly appreciated..:):):):):):):)

screenpainter
06-22-2012, 06:33 AM
Gary, I really am starting to appreciate the frame now. different day different mood I guess. ;) obviously your work never fails to stimulate interest, excitement and creativity in the art world. I like what Pete said about the spillover as well. I always enjoy seeing your works and they always inspire.