PDA

View Full Version : Triptych of a living room, including a Swedish stove...

Gaia
06-13-2012, 07:36 AM
I'm trying to make a triptych in oil of a panorama stitch I made by my iPhone the other day of the big room at the station where I live.
I have painted the first section, is about to straighten out the second part but have problem recording the script. Someone who is good at it?
You can see the unpainted third section in the tracing photo.

All fingerpainted on iPad.

Alexandra
06-13-2012, 07:57 AM
I love these Gaia, wonderful texture and ambiance.

D Akey
06-13-2012, 08:31 AM
I understand that you took this in three separate photos in order to make it into one. However, my understanding of 'triptych' is that it is customarily in three separate though relating paintings as an end result. But that doesn't seem to have any relevance to what you're after. Sorry I don't have a script. And I haven't done any photographic panoramas doing this although the uses for such a thing are very clear. Are you going to do a 360 degree movie you can zoom around in?

The room is awesome. You have a great realistic/painterly style. It looks real but through the eyes of a painter, perhaps like some of the portrait painters from the 1920s who painted the families of the wealthy industrialists in the United States. This however seems very accessible and artistic middle class -- like a renovated old classic home.

Makes me want to set up an easel and paint.

Gaia
06-13-2012, 09:20 AM
I understand that you took this in three separate photos in order to make it into one. However, my understanding of 'triptych' is that it is customarily in three separate though relating paintings as an end result. But that doesn't seem to have any relevance to what you're after. Sorry I don't have a script. And I haven't done any photographic panoramas doing this although the uses for such a thing are very clear. Are you going to do a 360 degree movie you can zoom around in?

The room is awesome. You have a great realistic/painterly style. It looks real but through the eyes of a painter, perhaps like some of the portrait painters from the 1920s who painted the families of the wealthy industrialists in the United States. This however seems very accessible and artistic middle class -- like a renovated old classic home.

Thanks for your comment.
My intention is to print out these three parts and mount them with proper spacing between, you're perfectly right about the idea of a triptych.
Nah, I'm not going to make a 360 degree picture, this is enough challenge for me. I'm sleepless:eek:

Gaia
06-13-2012, 09:22 AM
I love these Gaia, wonderful texture and ambiance.

Thanks Alexandra:)

Gaia
06-13-2012, 09:31 AM

Because I like the early turn of the last century so much I'm so glad of what you wrote. Middle class or not - thanks ;)

screenpainter
06-13-2012, 09:38 AM
that is some very beautiful painting with artrage. especially on the ipad. it is looking great!

Shibui
06-13-2012, 10:36 AM
I absolutely love your space and style and dogs!!! Can't wait to show to my husband. Great job!!

pat1940
06-13-2012, 10:38 AM
Gaia, love your style, very creative and wonderful

Gaia
06-13-2012, 09:27 PM
that is some very beautiful painting with artrage. especially on the ipad. it is looking great!

Thanks a lot, I experience many benefits to finger paint on the iPad, I become more free and less pedantic.
One of the finest ArtRage paintings I've seen is still your portrait of Claire.

Gaia
06-13-2012, 09:31 PM
I absolutely love your space and style and dogs!!! Can't wait to show to my husband. Great job!!

Thank you so much, the fur girls sends their love :) I still remember your beautiful Osprey!

Gaia
06-13-2012, 09:31 PM
Gaia, love your style, very creative and wonderful

Thank you so much for your kind words!

Caesar
06-13-2012, 11:57 PM
Excellent interior painting! Light and atmosphere filling this room!

shadowslake
06-14-2012, 12:38 AM
Lovely painting. Only one sugestion. The reflection of the window in the floor the shadow of the desk was lost. Amaizing work though. You have my respect.

coops
06-14-2012, 08:14 AM
What a charming painting , I like it very much:)

Gaia
06-14-2012, 09:38 PM
Excellent interior painting! Light and atmosphere filling this room!

Thanks, now I'm waiting for the new update of AR iPad version, so I can continue the painting:p

Gaia
06-14-2012, 09:43 PM
Lovely painting. Only one sugestion. The reflection of the window in the floor the shadow of the desk was lost. Amaizing work though. You have my respect.
Thanks Shadowslake, and yes, you're right about the shadow and light on the floor , I've got it all wrong there. I'll change that, I've not ready with the second part yet.

Gaia
06-14-2012, 09:45 PM
What a charming painting , I like it very much:)
Thanks, I'm glad you like it:)

MSIE
06-18-2012, 09:25 AM
wow, that's a great painting of a beautiful living room! :)
can't wait to see it finished ... ;)

silvy
06-21-2012, 06:29 AM
Very lovely painting:)