PDA

View Full Version : Romy... Finished

Weeks
04-29-2006, 05:28 AM
Hi,
This painting was done with a painting reference From the great Kruger (c)
No copy and paste, just ArtRage, Wacom and myself..

I wanted to push my limit with ArtRage. I don't know if i failed..

Thank's to tell me :wink:

Weeks

hype
04-29-2006, 05:31 AM
failed?! are you nuts!? if there's a box they ship the CD version in, this should be on it somewhere showing the potential of the program!

its such a joy to be able to look at the work you guys post!

this is astounding!

David M
04-29-2006, 05:56 AM
HOLY ZAMOLEY, WEEKS. This is jaw-droppingly astouding. The level of detail, the mastery of the medium... all completely eye-popping. WOW!

<MASSIVE APPLAUSE!>

Aged P
04-29-2006, 06:08 AM
Wow Weeks!

I thought you were a bit quiet. so this is what you've been doing.

Magnificient, what a dramatic rendering!

hanzz
04-29-2006, 06:12 AM
The noise you all heard, was my jaw bouncing on the table.

This is .... well I can't find the words.

<stands up, takes hat off, bends head down>

you've pushed more than one limit, man. I'm in awe.

LoTekK
04-29-2006, 06:14 AM
Sebastien Kruger simply rocks. This is an awesome study, and you really nailed everything. :)

ENCHANTER
04-29-2006, 06:16 AM
wow! i love all the subtle brush strokes that went to make this painting brilliant, well done and hats off and bow from me as well..... :lol:

Harmony
04-29-2006, 06:49 AM
Another wow Weeks :!: The eyes even have life in them.

AndyRage
04-29-2006, 08:54 AM
Brilliant. That's phenomenal.
The effort you've put into this is just mind-boggling.

Fashmir
04-29-2006, 09:54 AM
Weeks my friend... you've left me a bit speechless. Makes me feel that I've been running standard height hurdles and you are pole vaulting without a pole and nailing your landing. :shock: :D

...and the dream brightens and is alive.

sbug51
04-29-2006, 10:14 AM
ArtRage can do that!

weeks! amazing!

*faints*

Little_Artist
04-30-2006, 03:38 PM
Its really really really good.

drzeller
04-30-2006, 04:17 PM
First, I gotta say that you did a magnificant job on this. You draw as much out of this tool as anyone on these forums -- probably more. The nuances in shading and texture that you create remind me of high quality faux painting techniques.

I was curious about the "hidden" detail of brush strokes in the darker areas, so I played with the levels in PS to see those areas. As I did, an idea caught my mind and I played with the picture a little. I ran the Poster Edges filter on a copy and put the transparency at 32%. It created a really neat looking picture like what might appear on a book cover or movie poster. I didn't post it because I wasn't sure that would be nice to do. Anyway, even derivatives of your picture are great!

Thanks for sharing. I look forward to seeing more.

D.

Tiznaught
04-30-2006, 05:36 PM
woah, another!
I love the detailed textures, especially on the skin!

hanzz
04-30-2006, 06:02 PM
How many layers? could you post a picture of your layer stack?
Let us in on your secrets ,what tools etc....Pleeezz, we'll polish your shoes in return. :D

Art2
04-30-2006, 07:14 PM
Excellent study Weeks, great!
I think you pushed Artrage to the limit :D

tony
05-01-2006, 01:24 AM
:) Weeks, its all been said I know and I agree with all of them what an amazing piece of work,Simply brilliant. :shock: Regards,Tony

Weeks
05-01-2006, 04:18 AM
Well, ... :oops:

I don't know what to say except to thank you all, sincerly for those kind words.
Of course, it's just about paintings, ArtRage, the time we past behind the machines or the desk, but anyway, we're involded in something peaceful and positive.. And when I see around... :?

David M : I'm glad to read you that way.. Thank you.

Aged P : i'm very touched by your words.

Hanzz : i'm sorry for your jaw, but if i'm able to continue, i will.. :D
To answer your question. I don't use so much layers (1 for the background and one for the main subject) but when i have to modified, i take one another and then, i dropped. The secrets.... Big canvas and the chance to have 4.5 Go DDR SDRAM. Nothing very particular, a lot of strokes with all tools ArtRage Team provides us.. but i miss watercolor, blender, and ink pen :wink:

LoTekK, Enchanter, Harmony, Sbug51, Little_Artist, Tiznaught, Art2, Tony : Thank's a lot. All your compliments help me to push my limits again.

AndyRage : The man behind the canvas.. I would have a lot of things to tell you if my english would be much better, but you have a big responsability now , you and ArtRage Team. We are waiting much more ! :shock: thank you for the time you pasted behind your computer and on that forum to support everyone.

Fashmir : my "man" (if i can say that).. I don't know you, but your words speaks for you.. ArtRage is for you too.. And i wait to see your work, poetic and powerful..

Drzeller : Thank you, so much.. I appreciate that you took your time to analyse my job.. You know, i've learned a lot of things about my own work :)
If you want to post the result of your research.. No problem. If we can learn from each other..

Weeks

drzeller
05-01-2006, 06:30 AM
Here is the posterized version. I tried a few levels of posterization and blending modes and opacity. (The posterized version was a layer over the original. I think the final version was something like 32% poster over 100% original).

I hopeit shows up well in the smaller version. I posted it as original and poster side by side to show the differences.

Again, you did an awesome job.

D.

azathothgr
05-01-2006, 06:34 AM
O_O

Wow, that really _should_ be on the artrage box ...
/clap

sbug51
05-01-2006, 07:16 AM
hmmm i dont get it?! is it to show the brush strokes????

* i'll do my best to become a better artist! *

drzeller
05-01-2006, 09:04 AM
[quote="sbug51"]hmmm i dont get it?! is it to show the brush strokes????
quote]

I'm thinking you were asking about why I put up the posterized version. I was originally changing the contrast so I could see the brush detail in the darker areas (just out of curiosity - not to change the piece). When I was doing this, I happened across a "stylized" version that reminded me of a movie poster, and thought it looked kind of neat.

D.

bleepnik
05-05-2006, 07:45 PM
It looks like Cruella DeVille. This is just amazing. I wonder if ArtRage will, in time, cause a dip in art supply store sales. =]

- Gita

cym
05-05-2006, 08:51 PM
Weeks, truly enjoyed this and the insight on how some of it was done. It's amazing in many ways.

byroncallas
07-18-2020, 06:30 PM
Still has dramatic impact.