PDA

View Full Version : Angelina and the big mess

Caesar
06-07-2012, 11:44 PM
A funny vignette on Europe's todays situation and the US pressing on Germany ...
Just in case someone doesn't know the Prime Minister of Germany, she's Angela Merkel ...;)

Alexandra
06-09-2012, 02:55 AM
Great work dear Cesare!

limey-g
06-09-2012, 06:17 AM
Very good Caesar the face is really good.
I can see you doing cartoons for newspapers next:)
Geoff

L Skylar Brown
06-09-2012, 06:48 AM
Yes, Caesar - Even you draw from what is around us! What a mess, indeed!

D Akey
06-09-2012, 09:25 AM
Subtle! Hahahaha but hilarious. . . or hilarious use of the butt. Klimpt would approve of the using of the female's back section to make a comment.

No idea who this lady is, but it looks convincing as if it were a particular person.

Good one. Hard to ignore. :D:D:D

justjean
06-09-2012, 11:21 PM
:D tis the way of the world :D

silvy
06-10-2012, 03:07 AM
.... proprio meglio riderci sopra.
Bella caricatura. le assomiglia proprio....in ogni parte del corpo:p

Caesar
06-11-2012, 07:35 PM
Thank You, dear Sandra! Actually I didn't refine the vignette drawing, but was it worth to anyway? :eek:

Yes, dear Geoff! Plenty of comedians among the world politicians for tons of cartoons ... Thank you!

Dear Skylar, unfortunately our global financial system introduced a virtual reality eventually affecting the real one on mostly psychological base. The inadequacy of politics joined the stupid greed of them to complete the picture. Maybe we needed a big shock, but the problem is that parasites mostly survuved and got even fatter. Thank You!

Dear D Akey, I guess I wasn't that good at drawing if You didn't recognize Angela Merkel.:( I hope You also noticed Greece submerged and emitting bubbles. :D Thank You!

May God save us then, dear Jean! :D Thank You!

Non vorrei avesse contribuito anche le al terremoto, cara Silvia. In un certo senso forse s... Grazie!

D Akey
06-12-2012, 02:44 AM
Dear D Akey, I guess I wasn't that good at drawing if You didn't recognize Angela Merkel.:( I hope You also noticed Greece submerged and emitting bubbles. :D Thank You!

I get most of my news from radio. So don't take that as a criticism of your drawing a likeness.

On the other hand, submerged Greece is not all that clear to me and I would not have seen it as a key element owing to it getting lost by the compositional placement.

But the drawing is great overall and you have some talent to exploit in editorial cartooning. You're getting better and better all the time.

pat1940
06-12-2012, 04:32 AM
Caesar, such a great drawing and statement here, really like it, so impressed with your art

Gaia
06-12-2012, 11:37 PM
Ha ha, that was a good one:D
There is no doubt who it is. You master cartoon drawing as well as painting, impressive.

Caesar
06-13-2012, 12:18 AM
Thank You, dear D Akey! It wouldn't be easy to recognize Mrs. Merkel in this vignette even in Germany I think (certainly not just hearing her on a radio, in such a case You wouldn't even expect Obama to be so slim LOL:D). Actually I sketched it roughly enough, as a funny idea to fix, and didn't refine the drawing (since it wasn't expected to appear on any magazine or newspaper), so most of this vignette is far from clear and readable as a drawing. Moreover I didn't provide a clue because I thought that foreign policy and, specifically, the pressures of Barack Obama on Angela Merkel were among the main issues overseas too.

I'm glad You like laughing at world though situation and at politicians too, dear Pat. Thank You!

Thank You, dear Gaia. I hope someone in the press business may decide to purchase vignettes from me so as to have a fun secondary job and to get a little extra money for a some investement at home and charity (considering the stagnation and depression period it might help) :D

screenpainter
06-14-2012, 05:50 AM
Good to see you keeping up on the political front and doing the political cartoons.
I think Germany has learned that printing more money causes mass inflation. It is sad to realize that the U.S. and Britain don't quite understand that principal.

shadowslake
06-14-2012, 06:11 AM
Screenpainter, with the election comeing up and the choices we have you should do one with a blue collar worker standing with a ballet that has the names of the canidates + none of the above. A huge check mark should be in the "None of the above" selection. A bubble thought above him saying "What are we going to do now?"

Another idea would be a news broadcast of election polls saying that "None of the above" is ahead by a 80% marjin. I guess Americans are fed up and want some new choices this year."

Caesar
06-14-2012, 07:01 PM
Dear Screenpainter, I don't fully agree and things are not so simplistic In Europe (we're not really either a Federation or a Confederation so far). We should now accelate very much our political unity and set an empowered continental democracy to solve the problem (we did just the contrary up to now).
Anyway, for the time being and urgencies, whatever the Weimar Republic ghost may suggest to Germany, actually in moments like this, according to a couple of Oxford Economics guys views, printing more money wouldn't lead to any substantial inflation (there's such a depression and high tax rate in many places that it's impossible except for either strictly necessary or luxury goods). Inflation wasn't affected not even by very low interest rate indeed.
The fact is that, whatever the interest of Obama and US may be (the disaster started over there, let's not forget), Germany is just comfortable in its short term position, very beneficial only to it and some Northern country where money is now being transferred (to finance, not real to continental business development). In the long term Germany would realize that driving to disaster most of Europe will deprive them of their main market and they'll soon be dwarved (in the mid-long term) in the world scenario. Maybe it's just another stupid way to conquer Europe in some mind over there blowing on Germans fears ... The truth is that, apart from cleaning all our houses (and we did, unfortunatly far from equitably in the hurry we were forced into by events, greeds and stupidity), we should just have Eurobonds and raise the Euros amount by printing more money now (also to favour appropriate and fitting investement incentives all over the countries, under strict control and ruling though). We would crush speculators, boost our growth, solve social problems we have all over, but Germany, have the Euro depreciated vs the USD and the Chinese currency, thus becoming more competitive.
Elseway, the only scenario we should rather and seriously consider is to rather have Germany out of the Euro and back to Mark. It would be almost as much beneficial to what I suggested before to the rest of Europe.

shadowslake
06-14-2012, 10:41 PM
Caesar, I have lived in Germany for 3 years. Love the country and its culture. When Germany first went to the mark, it seamed to boost it's economy. Now that time has passed 10 years? it seams that Europe's economy is kinda sluggish in general. Here in the US, we are in a slump. Their is not one person we can blame for this but the general trend in past administrations and current ones as well. Most are discouraged with Obama with what seams to be a "buy your self out of debt" method to the current problems. This has weakened the USD by increasing our debt. More buisnesses have gone out of buisness the past few years and this has cost a lot of people their jobs. 9% of all working Americans 4 years ago are now job less. Why?

1) Foolish and risky loans to buisnesses and home buyers. Our legislators in the past were lax in their buisness agendias and now we are paying the price. Their are a lot of lazy people out there that are taking advantage of the genourous corrupt system that pays some people (welfair) when they should be out doing something to be productive for the money they are recieveing. Put them to work to recieve their money. We pay billions a year to take care of public buildings and lawns. Why not make some kind of goverment service required to recieve wellfare? Some fear that this would make people endentured servents to the goverment? I think that is just an excuse for some to sit on their buts and be lazy.

2) Throwing money (stimulus packages, and bailout of banks and auto makers) at the problem does nonething to help the country. It increases our debt (Americans as a whole) and feeds the problem more. America had become fat and lazy holding out their hand with an ideal. The ideal that "someone ows us something for nonething" when pride and honor held our grandfathers to a higher standard. Americans no longer work for America to be beter but for the indivual's advancement and riches. Greed and lazyness is destroying our nation faster than any debt could ever destroy it.

Untill Americans unify and start careing for eachother again, we are doomed to failure in the long run. Do I blame Obama for the problems of today? He is but a drop in a large bucket to our problems.

Dear Screenpainter, I don't fully agree and things are not so simplistic In Europe (we're not really either a Federation or a Confederation so far). We should now accelate very much our political unity and set an empowered continental democracy to solve the problem (we did just the contrary up to now).
Anyway, for the time being and urgencies, whatever the Weimar Republic ghost may suggest to Germany, actually in moments like this, according to a couple of Oxford Economics guys views, printing more money wouldn't lead to any substantial inflation (there's such a depression and high tax rate in many places that it's impossible except for necessary and goods). Inflation wasn't affected not even by very low interest rate indeed.
The fact is that, whatever the interest of Obama and US may be (the disaster started over there, let's not forget), Germany is just comfortable in its short term position, very beneficial only to it and some Northern country where money is now being transferred (to finance, not real to continental business development). In the long term Germany would realize that driving to disaster most of Europe will deprive them of their main market and they'll soon bedwarved (in the mid-long term) in the world scenario. Maybe it's just another stupid way to conquer Europe in some mind over there blowing on Germans fears ... The truth is that, apart from cleaning all our houses (and we did, unfortunatly far from equitably in the hurry we were forced into by events, greeds and stupidity), we should just have Eurobonds and raise the Euros amount by printing more money now (also to favour appropriate and fitting investement incentives all over the countries, under strict control and ruling though). We would crush speculators, boost our growth, solve social problems we have all over, but Germany, have the Euro depreciated vs the USD and the Chinese currency, thus becoming more competitive.
Elseway, the only scenario we should rather and seriously consider is to rather have Germany out of the Euro and back to Mark. It would be almost as much beneficial to what I suggested before to the rest of Europe.

Caesar
06-15-2012, 08:11 PM
I see what You mean, dear Shadowslake. Each country have their own peculiar problem though, even in Europe (Spanish ones are completely different from Italian ones) and, in our Italian case, the main one in this days is the credit crunch to our industries, mostly small ones, and the taxation level due to a big share of people not paying taxes. We are deeply indebted as a country, but not at all privately, where we used to have high savings levels now being eroded to pay for too many past and present undue privileges, corruption cases and beaurocracy.

A problem is common to all countries though, i.e. that the financial system bets and never loses according to their risks. Even worse, they like to cause crises too in many cases and earn from that too. Their bosse get fabulous bonuses even when their companies lose. For instance some major financial institution (in Germany too) issued profitable (for them) derivatives betting against some countries who borrowed money from them.
It's like if Your older, richer and famous brother lends You money then bets against Your pay back capability so, eventually, on mainly psychologial basis, he would earn from betting against You and, maybe, increasing the interest You would pay for his loan.
We have to strictly rule to have finance put real money at risk when betting (not paying with other people ass" as we say unpolitely) and appropriately tax patrimonies and speculations earning. After all it's quite different the development benefit to sustain Chrysler (which recovered) or a huge investment bank messing around the world-

hypotaxis
06-15-2012, 09:39 PM
Wonderful cartoon Caesar.

In Maori they say "He waka eke noa" which very freely translated means "We're all bozos on this bus." ;)

We are indeed.

Brett

Caesar
06-15-2012, 09:56 PM
Very wise Maori consideration indeed, dear Brett! :D I only wish someone doesn't go ahead surrepticiously pushing other outside the bus (or business) just to better stretch their legs from their comfortable seats. ;)LOL
Thank You!