PDA

View Full Version : The legend of the seeker

Caesar
06-06-2012, 08:27 PM
I tried a quick enough caricature of the charming actress Bridget Regan in her role in the series.
She's a beauty, so I'm a little bit sorry to have dared to make fun of her delicate traits ...:o:D

semd74
06-06-2012, 09:36 PM
Very good work my friend...

limey-g
06-06-2012, 11:34 PM
Nice one Caesar, do not know the character so cannot comment on that, but I like it.
Geoff

barnburner
06-06-2012, 11:51 PM
I'm not familiar with the actress or the show, but clearly this is very well done. :):) :)

mannafig
06-07-2012, 01:10 AM
No idea who she is but a great character anyway dear Cesare:):)

gxhpainter2
06-07-2012, 02:20 AM
Caesar, I have watched this series a few times.... this is a very nice character study... you really seemed to have gained a certain confidence as of late as shown in this work.. all very direct and no false marks or misplaced colors and tones and the hair is fantastic.. I especially like the use of the gradient and its colors as a back drop..excellent work!!.:cool::cool:

silvy
06-07-2012, 04:43 AM
Very nice portrait:D....ammetto di non essere molto al corrente degli ultimi film, ma non so chi sia:confused:

D Akey
06-07-2012, 04:48 AM
Adept caricature, Caesar. Not flattering to a beautiful girl, which is somewhat unusual for you. But the rather dismayed look you gave her makes me think of the classic humor irreverent comic book art publication over here called Mad Magazine. I grew up reading that, on and off, and loving every page.

A world-class caricature artist called Mort Drucker would parody movies, and he would really get the likenesses in his own linear flavor. The humor of it all for me was that they would be these very beautiful people playing these serious roles and he would make it all utterly ridiculous. Was wonderful.

Anyway, you look like you're stepping in that direction, and Bravo for that!

Anyone interested, just search Google images and you can see how pretty she actually is, hahah.

jibes
06-07-2012, 03:48 PM
She's a mystery to me but I love her just the same!

Caesar
06-07-2012, 07:50 PM
Should anyone be curious about her You may google Legend of the Seeker or Bridget Regan.
Anyway it was a not so good attempt to practise ink pen on a caricature (not the best tool for this I think). I made also another couple of unsatisfactory excercises with the ink pen I would attach herebelow too.

Thank You, dear Semd74, Geoff, BB, Amanda, Silvia, D Akey and Jibes. Dear D Akey, I appreciated Your reference to Mort Drucker, a fantastic artist indeed I googled to enjoy. Thank You for this suggestion too.

Alexandra
06-09-2012, 02:57 AM
Amazing work Cesare. I don't know this character either, but I admire your skills!

Caesar
06-11-2012, 07:17 PM
Thank You, dear Sandra!