PDA

View Full Version : The gods' travel potion

Caesar
06-04-2012, 09:44 PM
The special Myan June 2012 of ArtRageUS Magazine is now issued.
I may therefore now show, after Jbeau awful painting post, my illustration included in the magazine together with great pieces from a bunch of other ArtRage mates joining that thematic virtual exhibition.
The Olmec priest in here is ready to go on an exciting space cruise ...:)

semd74
06-04-2012, 10:30 PM
Very imaginative and creative !!!

Alexandra
06-04-2012, 11:06 PM
Oh my gosh Cesare, great work!!!!

barnburner
06-04-2012, 11:36 PM
Well done Caesar! :) :) :)

coops
06-04-2012, 11:56 PM
Beautifully done Cesare and great magazine:)

Caesar
06-05-2012, 09:03 PM
Thank You, dear Semd74! The theme required some degree of mystery ...:)

I think the Olmec priest is about to leave to reach the closest Rabbit Hole, dear Sandra. :D Thank You!

Thank you, dear Barney! Maybe they'll make a quick stop on the Moon for a fast meal, now that Chet rid of criminals over there ... ;)

Dear Katie, I just wonder what this guy is going to dance after the drink. :D Thank you!

pat1940
06-06-2012, 01:39 AM
Wonderful job Caesar, it was quite a challenge, so I quess it is ok to upload it now:D:D:D:D

gxhpainter2
06-06-2012, 04:20 AM
wow very cool Caesar...I think you stumbled onto the truth about the Mayan's!:cool::cool::cool:

jbeau
06-06-2012, 05:38 AM
Nice work Caesar! I like the concept and composition!

HarlequiNQB
06-06-2012, 02:43 PM
The detail on the Mayan is pretty awesome :)

The alien is freaking me out a little though - he's well done, but just sort of creepy looking (I don't think I'd drink what he was peddling...) :D

Caesar
06-06-2012, 08:09 PM
Thank you, dear Pat! Sure we're now free from our little secrets once the magazine collecting all our pre-columbian works was issued by BobbyRay!

Maybe I was too influenced by Peter Kolosimo's books or the TV series Visitors, dear Gary, apart from the fact that BobbyRay is a spacer.:D Thank You!

Thank You, dear Jbeau! I tried to adapt the composition to the vertical format and to lead the eye upward (or downward when opwening this thread) to see all the components of the story.

Hard for this priest to contradict one of his gods will and promises, dear HarlequiNQB. :D Thank You!

mannafig
06-07-2012, 01:05 AM
Nice work dear Cesare:):)

silvy
06-07-2012, 04:59 AM
Bellissimo lavoro Cesare e soprattutto una lode alla tua creatività:D

jibes
06-07-2012, 03:46 PM
Ha Ha, Very funny Caesar!!!

Caesar
06-07-2012, 07:28 PM
Thank You, dear Amanda! It looks like You may breathe and draw wonderfully again now ...:D

Grazie, cara Silvia. Quello che comunque mi manca in dote artistica e maestria tecnica cerco di supplirlo altrimenti. :o

You know, dear Jibes, after all it's possible dinosaurs evntually didn't fully disappear, they either become birds and intelligent beings who flew away from the big crash with the meteorites and still come back again sometimes on Earth ...:rolleyes::) Thank You!

kenmo
07-12-2012, 04:33 AM
So very cool....

D Akey
07-12-2012, 10:55 AM
You think flying pyramids are strange. . . I thought I had replied to this thread. Now THAT's down right unnatural. . .

Well, it's hilarious, Caesar. What more can I say. You took a tough idea to show graphically and mocked it up for all to get the joke. Brilliant!

. . .er. . . you did make it up right? Or was this a plein aire painting?

Caesar
07-13-2012, 07:18 PM
Thank you, dear Kenmo! You recovered it from the recent past following BobbyRay idea to make a monographical special issue of ArtRageUS.

Dear D Akey, actually it was an en plein air painting with the pyramidal spaceship hovering in pose too switching off all electrical systems around ... :D The olmec priest, I took a picture of just before a short trip to Vega Lyrae, was at its second travel in space. Last time he left, the Cortès and Pizzarro hadn't arrived as yet in America, so he was quite upset by the changes as well as by the relativity theory consequences when sailing at speeds close to that of the light ... Thank you!