PDA

View Full Version : After the Storm the Beacon Shines

Alexandra
06-04-2012, 03:02 AM
Imaginary try with watercolors.

jibes
06-04-2012, 03:28 PM
Sandy, great colors and mood on this, very pretty! Only one thing I'd change is the lighthouse is 'kissing' the border of the painting. Maybe the sky could be added to.

D Akey
06-04-2012, 07:56 PM
Love this as a banner kind of very horizontal design. The upper half is so strong and it says so much visually and thematically. Very nice light beams. Nice stylization with the asymmetry of it. Feels like it can pierce through even the thickest storm. Interesting use of black Really says to me that the darkness doesn't always come in the expected ways and being able to cut through it is admirable not to mention useful.

Caesar
06-04-2012, 08:54 PM
I like this format and how you used it for a magnificent view and a marvellous colors harmony. :cool::) It's only a little weird to see the beacon bowing toward us ...:rolleyes:

semd74
06-04-2012, 09:04 PM
I like this one Sandy and the palette you've chosen...good one !!!

Alexandra
06-04-2012, 11:16 PM
I agree Neal, and I should have addressed this part of the painting. Easily done though-so I will work on that today. Thanks for the kind C and C!:)

Thanks so much D Akey. In my life, where we have been hit hard with a few things, His light shines through for us. I can always depend on that beacon in the storm.:)

Thanks Cesare, you know...I will work on the top of the lighthouse and the perspective. Still so hard for me to do! I'll get there though...with this rock on my shoulders.:p

Thanks Steve, much appreciated dear friend. It is great having you back with us.:)

barnburner
06-04-2012, 11:36 PM
I love this Sandy. Wonderful use of colors. :) :) :)

coops
06-04-2012, 11:58 PM
Such a change for you Sandy and so very well painted:)

gxhpainter2
06-05-2012, 05:10 AM
Sandy... I like this format and the rich colors, and the beacon is a great metaphor for this painting...

Alexandra
06-07-2012, 12:45 AM
Mike, Katie, and Gary, Thank you sweet loves, I truly appreciate it.