PDA

View Full Version : Decadentismo

Caesar
05-30-2012, 01:16 AM
Since it was cited quite recently, I decided to give a try to a study of Gustav Klimt style.
I uses chalk for this.
From a reference without tracing and on one layer only (except for the added bra of this censored version).
The unspoilt painting is in the After 9 o'clock Section.

coops
05-30-2012, 01:29 AM
Thats looking so good Cesare and a lot of work has gone into this painting, well done:)

gxhpainter2
05-30-2012, 05:10 AM
fantastic work!.... I particularly like the use of chalk for its texture.. rich colors... very nice study..

D Akey
05-30-2012, 09:06 AM
Hey hey hey, dude -- it's super!!!!! Great. Love the colored pastel emulation marks (regardless of what the tool is called). Nice flair with the movement of the tool around. You seem to be liberated here, combining your drawing style with your desire to emulate another artist's look. (For all I know the original looks like this, but I kinda suspect he did oils and you approached it differently, to very nice effect.)

Bravo! :D:D:D

pat1940
05-30-2012, 03:16 PM
Great work Caesar and I really like the chalk work here, will check out the after nine also

PatsyC
05-30-2012, 04:39 PM
I recognized Klimt, the face is close to one of his works; the use of chalk is perfect for this composition.

hypotaxis
05-30-2012, 04:53 PM
Wow! That's good Caesar. I love the pastels for it, the textures you got are wonderful. Beautiful. I love Salome in the modest black bra. Great!

Maybe I'll try it in watercolour just for the hell of it ;-)

Brett

Weeks
05-30-2012, 07:35 PM
Oh Caesar :eek: Excellent... :cool:

Nothing else to say.

Best,

Weeks

Alexandra
05-30-2012, 11:14 PM
Yes, fantastic dear Cesare!

silvy
05-31-2012, 12:33 AM
Bellissimo lavoro Cesare!:D
Ottimo l'effetto del gessetto/pastello č uno strumento che uso poco ma sarebbe da sfruttare di pių

Caesar
05-31-2012, 02:45 AM
Dear Katie, actually it didn't take much time, incredible, isn't it? The drawing was made with the mouse (see the WIP section). The following day I quickly fixed the base color tones in the various areas and finished in a couple of hours or little more (one layer only). Chalk, pencil and some starting pressurized roller pass in the upper part were used. A quite effective and efficient combination of tools and way to fill, give little touches and texture on this kind of painting (I guess it woudl have taken more with oils, as for the original). Thank You!

Thank You, dear Gary! I guess You also appreciated the fact that, apart from the accidental presence of a feminine figure, it's practically an abstract ...:o;)

Right, dear D Akey, the original was oil. Maybe I felt liberated and relaxed doing this also because the lady looked so too ....;):o Thank You!

Right, dear PatsyC. She appears in at leeast a couple of Klimt paintings. Glad You like my choice and use of the chalk tool. Thank You!

Thank You, dear Brett. Maybe we should also think to a furtherly modest version to be enjouyed in the Gulf region too. :o:D Just kidding on the need to censor this famous artpiece. As for Your promise, whatever You do is an amazing artpiece, so I'm glead for Your attempt!

Dear Weeks, I'm really proud to read of Your warm appreciation. Thank You!

Thank You, dear Sandra. I guess this style particularly fits tall ladies who are very good also at creating decorative motives, professional illustration, pottery on Zazzle etc., should You know one. :rolleyes: So take it into consideration for Your self portrait.:D

Te lo consiglio, cara Silvia. Strumento molto semplice ed efficace. Ad alta pressione riempie benissimo, a molto bassa (da 10% in gių, segue la tessitura del foglio. A differenza di questo, puoi andare su due strati (o pių) e fare anche di meglio. Uno per le campiture ed un altro per sfumature e tessiture. Grazie!

semd74
05-31-2012, 08:11 AM
A very good use of chalk my friend

HarlequiNQB
05-31-2012, 05:40 PM
Really impressive use of chalk, plus I new immediately what your reference was, so it's recognisable too :)

Caesar
05-31-2012, 08:56 PM
Thank You, dear Steve and HarlequiNQB!

jibes
06-01-2012, 05:28 AM
CB, I'm not crazy 'bout Klimt but I now can see why he is popular. Too me many of his paintings are too busy but I think I'll have to re-visit his works. You have done an excellent "After" painting here and captured it well.
Good job!!

Chaseart
06-01-2012, 01:05 PM
Pretty good! I like her face.

Caesar
06-01-2012, 07:35 PM
He certainly was a quite decorative painter, dear Jibes, but all Art Nouveau or Liberty (as it's called by English speaking people) has much to do with decoration and frills of any kind, either floreal, botanical or geometry, gold and jewels ... Certainly that aesthetic and sensibility is considerably different from most the XIX century painting styles long wave (Barbizon and Posillipo school, macchiaoli, impressionism, divisionismtc.) has some vague link (in my opinion) only with pre-Rafaelites and much with Decadentism in literature and poetry too, thus very sophisticated and somehow "overcharged". Anyway Klimt was quite popular and innovative for that age (if You only look to other commonly painted contemporary artpieces) and has at list the merit to have teached Egon Schiele and few other and inspired many more. Thank You!

A really aristocratic one, dear Chaseart. If You wish to see the real painting (I mean the one without the bra necessary to cope with some pretty silly local sensitivities affecting also substantially chast nudities on masterpieces by renowned past masters), it can be found in the After 9 O'Clock special section. Thank You!