PDA

View Full Version : NEW ZOOM.TUBE...Jack

jacktar51
01-26-2007, 04:37 AM
I will write new clearer instructions of HOW to do this....to make it as easy as I can for you to understand......

jacktar51
01-26-2007, 06:19 AM
this picture is only a sample to show where it starts... the real ZOOM starts in the cave.....

jacktar51
01-26-2007, 06:26 AM
FRAME 1

hanzz
01-26-2007, 07:07 AM
I wish I could paint things like this. I look forward to seeing the progress, and maybe find the poor man's dog.
I'm happy to find that a new one starts up.Go for it folks!

jacktar51
01-26-2007, 08:35 AM
FRAME 2.ZOOM

jacktar51
01-26-2007, 08:46 AM
FRAME 3.ZOOM

Aged P
01-26-2007, 08:51 AM
Hi Jack,

I will join you on this when the new computer spectacles arrive, I'm really just doodling at the moment. Should be about 4 days.

Can you copy those instructions over to this post?

Could the required layouts be made into Tracing images?

That would pin down, where to paint what.

Phil

jacktar51
01-26-2007, 09:11 AM
FRAME 4. ZOOM

Aged P
01-26-2007, 09:17 AM
Wow!

Will that be the start of a sharp right turn?

Phil

jacktar51
01-26-2007, 09:40 AM
FRAME 5. ZOOM..... Heres a bit of a find folks you can place your 512x384
pixel hole,wherever you like on the 2048x1536,and paint what equals two frames in one go, recon we would get on twice as fast then... I already been doing it, gives better continuity as well.......
COOOOOOooooo........ Steps,and and light coming from somewhere!!!
Hey.... we can go uphills down dales, and round corners now..... !!!!
Wonder whats up here???

jacktar51
01-26-2007, 10:09 AM
Here's a mock up of where we're going folks....we've just gone up the steps and it looks like a Y fork.... two tunnels going down. one left one right.........Which way??????... and where is that ball of string.......

Hope you like what you see so far... I think this is GREAT.......everthing fits so far.... Jack.

jacktar51
01-26-2007, 10:12 AM
We will be travelling down here soon folks!!!!in fact I'm at the flat bit on top of those steps at the end.......there are two tunnels here....................

jacktar51
01-26-2007, 10:32 AM
Hanzzz... thanks Mate... I need a bit of encouragement, I was a bit daunted at the startbut its quite easy really, and I have chosen a tunnel or cave because it is clear which way we need to paint on towards,it is far better going forward than trying to sort out that other one in reverse..........I think this could be a good one.... Jack.

PHIL......Thanks so much for the offer mate I know you will find it quite easy once you know what to do... its not hard.....dont know if this could be done with layers....Probably, if we weren't going to move that centre hole about, for cornering and ups and downs... its only a matter of positioning that 512x384 pixel hole accuratelydead centreleft centre, right centre, up centre down centre or any of your four corners......dead simple if you can line it up with a simple grid.( Six squares across, and four down) probably, or it might be four across, and three down, cant remember the proportions at the minute, my heads spinning a bit from all these frames in one day, thats why I came off to talk to you and Hanzzz when I saw you on.... Anyway if you want to try it out and make a couple of frames.... go and mess the other one up..like I did... its all good fun and you cant break that one... (ITS GOT BITS MISSING)but the instructions are a bit wrong there... when your ready I will go through it step by step.... Jack.

jacktar51
01-26-2007, 11:54 PM
FRAME 6. ZOOM

jacktar51
01-27-2007, 12:01 AM
FRAME 8. ZOOM......There is no 7, I had to combine two frames because we are cornering , to the right .. little forward movement,like in film frame
Please notice the position of the black hole.... the following frame number 9 will fit it.........

jacktar51
01-27-2007, 12:06 AM
FRAME 9. ZOOM......(made to fit into number 8 black frame)..........
I think if I do a running commentry as I go along, you will see its not hard to follow( EASY if the black hole is cental, no bother of lining up)

jacktar51
01-27-2007, 12:10 AM
If you look at this frame there is NO HOLE....That is because I am cornering, and therefore cannot go straight ahead( It makes sense you know, If you went straight ahead you would crash into the wall ).......
Any way its a hard to the right turn
FRAME 10. ZOOM

jacktar51
01-27-2007, 12:14 AM
FRAME 11. ZOOM....OOOh...I can see some flagstones, and a stone wall, looks like the cave is coming to an end, wonder whats round this bend???

jacktar51
01-27-2007, 07:59 AM
Four of the last four frames..not for use...just samples of where we got to

jacktar51
01-27-2007, 08:13 AM
Probably best to show them after I do four .....just to see progression,the actual frames I have are all 1024x768..... that is the finished size of each frame made,these might have to be stitched together as an AVI video clip,or FLASH animation.... I think MOUSE may know??? if nobody knows I might have to do it.....but I will have to do some homework first.....
Actually I think that Fashmir might know how...we'll see anyway,,, got to have something to stitch together before that anyway.........Maror might Know?? Somone will know......Jack.
PS I know that three or four of my frames have no hole in the centre....that was due to cornering... may have to keep all further black holes to the centre position ONLY for it to be easy to do//What do you think???? JACK>

jacktar51
01-29-2007, 03:52 AM
A Quick RESUME-a

Verticae
01-29-2007, 07:22 AM
Those last frames are impossible, as is the turning around corners. Zoomquilt has the view move through a static environment in a straight line. Corners and animated doors? Ain't gonna happen.

Mouse
01-29-2007, 09:05 AM
Animated doors, corners. It is a flash based, and zooms pixel by pixel, would having a secondary flash animation involved allow this?

The reason I ask, is I was able to find a secondary zoomquilt that appeared to ramp up in the flash picture.

Yes, I had my doubts about doors, and corners, but I am not sure the zoom has to be dead center.

Verticae
01-29-2007, 09:37 AM
The problem with a corner is that when you turn it, you see what was directly behind the corner. However, the way zoomquilt works, you've have to have seen that way before it was visible.

Ramping up is probably just a perspective issue, though I can't say for sure without having seen it.

jacktar51
01-29-2007, 11:32 AM
I have only put the frames with no Black HOLES in this so its more jerky than it would be if it had all the frames...this is a Gif animation and I had to do it small to get it on here

jacktar51
01-29-2007, 11:39 AM
Please notice that I have managed to reduce the whole animation to 197 K
to get it on here... but I have done the same animation at full 1024... the size of the original ZOOM it was very jerky as this is but with more frames in it should be smoother.... still dont know if I'm on the wrong track, might try doing it as an AV! video clip if this is no good...but I really dont know if that would work or not... and I have never tried to do a flash animation so I have no Idea if that would work or not..... THanks for coming in on this you two... and see what you can find out... I will keep on looking to.......Jack.

Verticae
01-29-2007, 12:14 PM
The problem is that this is a frame-by-frame GIF you're posting, not a constant environment like zoomquilt.

jacktar51
01-29-2007, 01:18 PM
Verticae.......Yes I Agree with you the big difference is this frame within a frame...I am sure you are right...An animation is frame following frame... this concept is different....and I cant quite figure it out....I think we would be capable of doing the artwork okay, it would be a case of knowing how to do the final assembly of the frames,and the means of driving it, as far as I can see...but I know nothing of that,and it seems there is very little knowledge regarding it available.....If someone comes up with the method of driving it I will press ahead with another new one, going in reverse with the preceeding frame in the centre and keeping to a centre line... anyway
Verticae....thanks for coming in with what you know,,,I shall wait for further developments to see where we go from here...hope to start the new one with AgedP, possibly MAROR,and one or two more... I only have Aged P for sure so far,but thats okay I'm sure if we had to we could do it on our own...thanks again....Jack.

Cold Revolver
01-29-2007, 02:37 PM
are you an enviroment concept artist? I believe you would make a great one.

jvolkel
01-29-2007, 07:39 PM
This is some nice and interesting work Jack. I don't get the premise though. Is this a project you are working on by yourself or are we all invited to 'fill in the hole'? Or maybe come up with our own zoomie scene?

jacktar51
01-29-2007, 11:39 PM
Cold Revolver....Thanks for looking in Cold Revolver, It is pretty new this concept of ZOOM,as far as I can gather the way it is done is instead of advancing frame by frame,as in a film strip...it is the size of the frame, being increased by one pixel,around the outer edge of the existing frame,and then another line of pixels on the edge of the previous line, this continual adding of a line round the edge builds up,until it reaches the NEW frame size,at this point the whole of that built up area,is reduced back to its original OLD frame size, and the build up process begins again,until that size again equals the NEW frame size............As you can see a new frame is built each time..giving you an advance or ZOOM forward if it is done at speed..................the line of pixels thats added each time is added much faster than you can blink.....
There should be a very smooth transition with ZOOM as it doesnt actually have frames....it would be better really to think of it as a starting point and ending point of a scan........This is the way I think it works....I could be wrong, but no-body has said I'm wrong yet...And if anyone reading this knows different I will be pleased to listen to their interpretation of how it operates......Jack.

jacktar51
01-30-2007, 02:17 AM
jvolkel......If any member can paint a scene reasonably accurately,and stay within certain guidelines ( like size and direction,stuff like that) there should be no objection to them joining in if they so wish, in fact they would be very welcome....they would need to be able to resize a picture,and resize a canvas,and be able to follow reasonably well, the colours and style of the previous Artist ( Be capable of following on)so that would mean they would need to be able to use the color picker,and stuff like that, there wouldnt be any other restriction....and the more the merrier really....All we are waiting for at present is someone who knows how to link up and drive the sequence of paintings...we already have the frame sizes that would be used there are three sizes

1.....2048x1536 (the size you would paint on)
2.....1024x768 (the size you recieve the picture)
3......512x384 ( the size of the centre(hole)already painted by previous artist)

So in theory we have all the information we need to start painting.....
In practice it might be better to wait until someone is found to do the linking and driving of the whole caboodle...then no-body is wasting their time.
I was just of the opinion that we are wasting time now...because we could have been underway with some trial sequences( I am avoiding calling them frames,because they are more like scan sequences)......
and we could be seeing how it goes in practice...but it may mean doing work which will be scrapped at the end of the day, so to speak... so I wouild think that most likely AgedP and myself will start a new one going as a trial...and anyone wishing to come in will be welcome, on the understanding that it might all come to nothing... but there is an old sayiong... nothing ventured, nothing gained.... hope this sheds a little light
on the subject for anyone reading this..... Jack.

jacktar51
01-30-2007, 02:35 AM
if any of you have not seen the amazing zoom quilt project, i suggest you go and look at this now

a collaborative artwork adventure,

what it will involve is creating an image in artrage of a specific shape, namely:
a rectangle with a rectangular hole cut in the middle, lets set the size to:

1024x768 pixels with a hole in the middle of 512x384 pixels (half the dimensions),
you will then paint an image in the area outside the hole.
and it then passes to the next person who then doubles the size of the image to 2048 x 1536 pixels and puts a 512x384 pixel hole in the middle, and paints in the area between the original artwork and the hole they places in the middle
and you then crop off the portion you recieved and pass it to the next person and so on for as many as we feel like

then for the final piece the original image is shrunk to fix the hole and they are joined in to a loop and compiled into a flash animation for all to view

obviously this will take a bit of organisation, but if you're interested i'd love to know as i've been wanting to find some people to collaborate on such an artwork since i saw it many years ago, perhaps this is the place?

jvolkel
01-30-2007, 09:55 AM
That all sounds pretty complicated! I was wondering if maybe someone could start a thread with a painting that has a part blocked out (such as your zooms) and have everyone fill in the hole with what they think should go in there. That sounds interesting and fun to me. Anyone else think this would be worthwhile?

Cold Revolver
01-30-2007, 10:32 AM
damn, your skillz are growing! You can be a superb enviroment concept artist.

Check out this guy to improve your skills man:

www.philipstraub.com

This guy is one of the GREATEST enviroment artist ever, check it. :)

-Revolver

Bejay
02-02-2007, 12:08 AM
Great project Jack.

After reading about it and seeing some of your cave paintings, i was inspired to have a go at this: Title- ''Spooky Cave''

This is my first imaginary painting, lots of fun but hay, not easy! Let me know what you think Jack and if you think i could produce something good enough for the Zoom Tube then i would love to be part of it.

Bejay

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/9895/cave14forum2ws9.jpg

maror
02-02-2007, 12:35 AM
hmm jack what should i say... the single frames are very good but as an animation it dosen't work so nice... :? if you can made some smooth steps between (i think a 3d app would be great as a solution) i would be amazing, then the idea is quite good...

hope you get the corner

maror

Torley
02-05-2007, 08:10 AM
Hmmm I'm unable to view the FRAME images here... for some reason I only see the posted text. Any likely reason why?

jacktar51
02-06-2007, 10:35 AM
Torley...There isnt anything wrong mate... I had to get rid of all my paintings to start again....my quota had been reached, and I could no longer post anything..... had to empty down.....so if you find just text and no picture its all my fault...sorry if it troubled you...Jack.