PDA

View Full Version : High Rocks

gxhpainter2
05-29-2012, 06:06 AM
been awhile since I have had time to sit and paint/compose... High Rocks is the name of an area near Portland where the Clackamas river flows near some high rock used by the local to dive / jump into the icy water on hot days...

chinapete
05-29-2012, 07:43 AM
gary you've come back in fine form, haven't missed a beat :):)
but don't go leaping in, the air temps about the clackamas are still a bit chilly ...

Marilyn Anne
05-29-2012, 08:17 AM
Like the thoughts and the colors.

pat1940
05-29-2012, 09:15 AM
Gary, I missed your paintings and am so glad to see that you have started back again, hope your little puppy is coming along with the training, love this piece you have done:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Alexandra
05-29-2012, 03:47 PM
Wow Gary, gorgeous work! I love it!

Caesar
05-29-2012, 08:55 PM
You're still on track along Your gorgeous style, but You seem to have added once again further dimensions to Your artistic space-time! Fantastic one!

D Akey
05-29-2012, 11:05 PM
My experience was not so much of that place, but more around Lebnon, OR -- jumped in several ponds there one long ago summer.

I thought perhaps you had decided you wanted to spend your creative energies elsewhere. Glad to see you're still around here. Missed your work as well.

This is up up scratch. You are doing great. Can't say I have another impression beyond the artistic marks arranged on the canvas in an intriguing and pleasant manner. That is to say, I don't know the place you're painting, and the visuals don't seem to be a strict recognizable depiction of a place in any case (though it may be to others). To me it's all about the visuals and the title spins it to a theme. There is no need for any of those things being a criteria. It can be simply a visual jumping off point creatively, so to speak. And therein is at least one point of contact for me.

This is not a criticism. I'm rather observing my own reaction to it.

Visually it's really appealing. And that's enough. And when there's more, it further speaks of the artists voice.

Welcome back. :cool::cool::cool:

gxhpainter2
05-30-2012, 06:00 AM
chinapete - thanks mate glad you find this appealing, yes the Clackamas river is running about 47degrees F. a little to numbing for swimming right now. ;):D:D:cool::cool:

Marilyn Anne, Pat, Sandy and Caesar, so great to have you guys stop by and leave such gracious and supportive comments...I am finding that having a 14week old puppy requires as much attention as a 2yr old. they require CONSTANT supervision... but such fun and a sweet dog...;);):D:D:cool::cool:

D Akey - so great to get your comments, and great to have a little time to push my creative envelop a bit... starting to feel a bit rusty.. but hopefully I will managed to work in more...:cool::cool::cool::cool:

screenpainter
05-31-2012, 10:17 AM
even without the title or explanation I really felt the aerial perspective as if looking down from those cliffs into a patchwork landscape... really beautiful exploration and motivation.

jibes
05-31-2012, 10:28 AM
Lovely painting Gary! Great design, great colors and textures. Kinda looks like a pussy cat leap. ;)

gxhpainter2
06-02-2012, 05:52 AM
Albert, Neal.. thanks for your comments... this one was after a layoff of a couple of weeks and it was good to get back to work...:cool::cool::cool: glad you like it.

coops
06-02-2012, 09:02 PM
One can really imagine people jumping and fish leaping into this great painting, well done Gary:)

silvy
06-03-2012, 02:11 AM
Very well done!:D

gxhpainter2
06-05-2012, 06:19 AM
Katie and Silvy... thank you both so much sorry for the slow response.. I have been so distracted with my new puppy it is hard to keep up with everything.;);):D:D