PDA

View Full Version : Two Versions of Oregon Stamp for my zazzle store

Alexandra
05-28-2012, 11:09 PM
I hope you enjoy my Oregon stamp. One beautiful state! Don't know about that Mt. Hood in the background though.:rolleyes:

I wanted to add the revised one. I think I like it better. I hope the kind Oregonians here approve. :eek:

silvy
05-29-2012, 01:26 AM
Very nice Sandra;)

coops
05-29-2012, 02:50 AM
Another lovely one Sandy, very well done again:)

Caesar
05-29-2012, 03:08 AM
I dunno exactly what Oregon is famous for, but Your stamp is, once again, really excellent! They should use them for car plates over there ... :D

chinapete
05-29-2012, 04:31 AM
This makes me wish I were a native Oregonian ... Here in Portland, at the world-famous Powell's Bookstore, you can settle into your own nook, look out on a view of trees and buildings, and, just like this young boy, read and dream for hours undisturbed ...

GRSArts
05-29-2012, 05:05 AM
Beautiful. Love Oregon!

gxhpainter2
05-29-2012, 05:47 AM
Sandy... you have captured Oregon atleast Portland area... Mt Hood is a very distinctive single volcanic mountain about 60 miles to the east.. if you moved your mountain a bit to the right and made it a bit smaller it would make it much more recognizable... but love the whole scene is fabulous !:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Marilyn Anne
05-29-2012, 08:26 AM
They should use it!

pat1940
05-29-2012, 09:10 AM
Sandy, love, love this one, this should be on licence plates just like Caesar said, you are doing a fantastic job on these stamps:):):):):):):):):):):):)

Alexandra
05-29-2012, 03:40 PM
Silvy, thank you dear friend.

Katie, I truly appreciate it dear friend.

Cesare, Thank you dear Cesare. When I think of Oregon, I think of the beautiful ocean, the lighthouses, the wonderful city, terrific education, and Mt. Hood, the volcano!:D

C Pete, Wow Pete, that would be wonderful....I am between two counties here, and one library over looks the city cemetery-but it is beautiful-lol- and the other is in town, beautifully designed, but poorly stocked of the old classics. I am thankful for my kindle! ;)

GRS, You are a lucky duck too! I love your location as well. Thank you for your kind comment!

Gary, I know it is a bit exaggerated, but I wanted to do a childlike whimsical painting this time. From what I have heard from my sisters....Oregon is very close to Heaven. Thanks so much for your kind comment dear friend, I appreciate it. Please let me know how you feel about the second one if you have time. I think I like it much better.

Marilyn Anne, You are so kind, thank you very much!

Pat, Thank you so much dear friend. I'm so pleased that you liked it!

pat1940
05-30-2012, 02:02 AM
Sandy, looking at the second one just blew my mind, love the colors you added to the sky and changed the mountain, more clarity in painting, excellent, excellent work, if I was writing childrens books I would definately hire you to do the artwork, great, great job:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

gxhpainter2
05-30-2012, 06:07 AM
Sandy... yes I think the second work really nails it down...especially the rainbow ( which we have many here ) and the mountain peak... I like the enriching on the colors and play of light changes also..:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: spectacular !!

Alexandra
05-30-2012, 06:15 AM
Thanks so much dear Pat! I am just about ready to do this kind of work. I've worked for a while on different poses and I am more comfortable now than I was a year ago.

Hi Gary, Thanks so much. I just worked on a few more details. I will upload another-lol. I needed to add a tree for him to lean into. I tried to move the first tree, but I had so many layers and it took away effects I wanted from some of the filters. Even when I moved the boy backwards, again-so many layers to consider above and below colors, filters, and effects.
I think I will be working on this one more. I love to add tiny details here and there.;)