PDA

View Full Version : Mountain stream in autumn ...

chinapete
05-21-2012, 01:28 PM
... imitating the look of a hanging scroll ... my heavy-handed calligraphy in the upper right records a phrase borrowed from the Song dynasty poet Xin Qiji, and means, "I want to say something, but can't":

Young, didn't know what sorrow was,
climbed the tower,
the top of the tower,
made up poems, new words for sorrow

Now I know what sorrow is,
I want to say something, but can't,
I want to say something,
I ... This autumn the weather is quite chilly

Xin Qiji (1140 - 1207)
trans. mine

eighty+
05-21-2012, 08:22 PM
HI me old china :D the pic is it a picture of the famous Yeti man blimey you done well to get a photo of him :confused::confused::confused:

Caesar
05-21-2012, 08:36 PM
A moving poetry and an evocative painting. The graphical value of the ideograms add to it.
I can empathically share his sorrow, due to my age, but I always feel a little sad and some bitterness nonetheless in front of great lyrics where no spark of hope blinks to heal our soul ...

chinapete
05-22-2012, 01:51 AM
... wicked rabbits, writing grafeeeeeti on my chinese wall .... :):):)

... hi Caesar ... all was not lost ... he overcame youthful feelings ... and was able to write about it ... :)

eighty+
05-22-2012, 06:08 AM
Hi Pete so that is what your avatar is.................A RARE BIT.......or Should I say RABBIT :confused: :confused: :confused:...........:D :D :D

eighty+
05-22-2012, 06:13 AM
forgot

I did say something, and I can ........ Famous Quote by PYTHON

chinapete
05-22-2012, 06:30 AM
Hi Pete so that is what your avatar is.................A RARE BIT.......or Should I say RABBIT :confused: :confused: :confused:...........:D :D :D

...it's a RABID hahahaha ....