PDA

View Full Version : Julia Roberts Done eyes fixed properly. Sugest who I should do next.

shadowslake
05-20-2012, 05:13 AM
She is a famous actress.

I will keep going untill done. Here are 3 stages.

GaryExo
05-20-2012, 05:36 AM
Julia Roberts.

shadowslake
05-20-2012, 06:03 AM
Here are a couple more stages.

shadowslake
05-20-2012, 06:04 AM
Julia Roberts.

LOL. You cheated didn't you.

GaryExo
05-20-2012, 06:28 AM
Just how could I have cheated? ;)
I got it right away from the first image. I think maybe it was the mouth...with all those big teeth. Quite distinctive!

shadowslake
05-20-2012, 06:49 AM
Just how could I have cheated? ;)
I got it right away from the first image. I think maybe it was the mouth...with all those big teeth. Quite distinctive!

Well done then. How you think i am progressing?

shadowslake
05-20-2012, 07:25 AM
Only a couple of stages left.

GaryExo
05-20-2012, 07:38 AM
It's coming along nicely. Keep it up.

shadowslake
05-20-2012, 09:36 AM
Time to work on the hair.

shadowslake
05-20-2012, 11:39 AM
Almost done.

shadowslake
05-20-2012, 12:09 PM
Finished for now.

limey-g
05-20-2012, 12:43 PM
Coming along nicely, you need to work on the eyes as the iris is much too small.
Geoff

shadowslake
05-20-2012, 01:08 PM
Coming along nicely, you need to work on the eyes as the iris is much too small.
Geoff

I agree. Going to make new layer and try again.

Caesar
05-21-2012, 04:41 AM
You did a great work on this portrait. You have got a considerable determination and will so as to succeed. You really achieved Your own way and improved amazingly in a quite short time. Congrats, dear mate!

shadowslake
05-21-2012, 07:48 AM
I think she is finished. What do you think?

shadowslake
05-21-2012, 07:49 AM
You did a great work on this portrait. You have got a considerable determination and will so as to succeed. You really achieved Your own way and improved amazingly in a quite short time. Congrats, dear mate!

Thank you Caesar. This one was fun. I am taking sugestions on who to do next.

D Akey
05-21-2012, 09:14 AM
Good work. Showing progress. First thing and most fundamental is structure. There are a bunch of drawing tutorials on Youtube. But take care, some are good and some not so good, some show anime and manga proportions and some classical. Since you're doing this as a portrait, you want realism, I assume. So the next thing would normally be the first thing, which is plot your structure. Even if you are working over a photo, which essentially shows where things are, you still probably want to do a 'lay-in' of the proportion lines to develop your eye. Musicians have ear training. Same principle. You want to be able to look at a work, and assuming it's supposed to be using natural proportions, and tell if things are where they should be. Like an architect doing a blueprint before building a house. Her mouth and chin sort of got away from you. I can see you put the effort in, and I applaud that. It was good to have gone through the steps as you did. Now you can go back and put things where they belong.

Andrew Loomis is a good resource for learning natural proportions. This person doing the drawing is a little slower than you will get to after you've done it a couple times, but it's probably a good illustration of taking the time to examine every step and look carefully and get it right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BevsH0jOMA

Never hurts to learn and get practiced at the basics no matter what artistic discipline one is following. Even many abstract artists often have a structure based on what they have learned to do by way of working up an idea. But they're about experimentation and so it's not the same as doing realism which in fact does have structure that can be used again and again.

Don't hesitate to check out Youtube though for doing eyes and noses and mouths and hair, etc.

Diving in as you have is good because it gives us an idea what is the next thing to learn. Good luck. By the way, mind the direction of the teeth. Pretty women need to fit into what is generally accepted to be beautiful. When doing character types, it's a little different. But beautiful women are demanding.

Good work. Keep going.

shadowslake
05-21-2012, 09:29 AM
Thank you D Akey. I will study a few vid's and see what I can learn on how to improve. I know right now my skills only allow me to get a likeness not a true representation of the photo I am working on. Live, Learn, and grow. I will keep at it. Thanks again.

Good work. Showing progress. First thing and most fundamental is structure. There are a bunch of drawing tutorials on Youtube. But take care, some are good and some not so good, some show anime and manga proportions and some classical. Since you're doing this as a portrait, you want realism, I assume. So the next thing would normally be the first thing, which is plot your structure. Even if you are working over a photo, which essentially shows where things are, you still probably want to do a 'lay-in' of the proportion lines to develop your eye. Musicians have ear training. Same principle. You want to be able to look at a work, and assuming it's supposed to be using natural proportions, and tell if things are where they should be. Like an architect doing a blueprint before building a house. Her mouth and chin sort of got away from you. I can see you put the effort in, and I applaud that. It was good to have gone through the steps as you did. Now you can go back and put things where they belong.

Andrew Loomis is a good resource for learning natural proportions. This person doing the drawing is a little slower than you will get to after you've done it a couple times, but it's probably a good illustration of taking the time to examine every step and look carefully and get it right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BevsH0jOMA

Never hurts to learn and get practiced at the basics no matter what artistic discipline one is following. Even many abstract artists often have a structure based on what they have learned to do by way of working up an idea. But they're about experimentation and so it's not the same as doing realism which in fact does have structure that can be used again and again.

Don't hesitate to check out Youtube though for doing eyes and noses and mouths and hair, etc.

Diving in as you have is good because it gives us an idea what is the next thing to learn. Good luck. By the way, mind the direction of the teeth. Pretty women need to fit into what is generally accepted to be beautiful. When doing character types, it's a little different. But beautiful women are demanding.

Good work. Keep going.