PDA

View Full Version : Landscape series #2 ...

chinapete
05-18-2012, 04:22 AM
... Autumn mountain mists, in the ancient Chinese style, an experiment in chalk and crayon, representing ink, on iPhone Fine paper, post-work involved magnification to approximate the effects of time on silk ... this image has been designed to be purely virtual ...

eighty+
05-18-2012, 04:49 AM
Hi. P ete. Sorry was up late was in China. Liked the bloke with Sissor's mind boggling

Wasn't sure where I was. As my Chinese is not so good:D thought

It cauld be. Peeking. Or. Bieging. :confused: But they made sure I was kept away. From the. Wall

Somebody had told them. I. Was a stone. Pincher. It's a hard. Life. :D:D :D:D.......Slainte

chinapete
05-18-2012, 11:52 PM
...Liked the bloke with Sissor's mind boggling
Wasn't sure where I was. As my Chinese is not so good:D

haha, that subway is really noisy, a bus is quieter I guess :)

At the very beginning of the video, he's talking about the paper cut-out he's working on, "It's not so simple, all of the wrinkles on the face have to be cut out"

Caesar
05-19-2012, 12:50 AM
I see what the image evocates according to Your words.
You thus inspired me for this relaxing exercise more along the Tang dinasty style though ...;):o:)
Seriously here I used the ink pen as an alternative and to feel more in line with that tradition.
Unfortunately my chinese ideogram calligraphy isn't good enough to write a text too ...:D

chinapete
05-19-2012, 01:07 AM
In the history of Chinese landscape painting, content and style were freely copied, and often the copyist had never seen the original, and worked from a copy or a verbal description of the original ... Sometimes the copyist deliberately changed important details in the original, maybe to emphasize a new style, or to reinterpret the older work for a new generation ... Here I play with that theme, contrasting my original with a "copy" that preserves recognizable elements of the original, but done in a different style ...

chinapete
05-19-2012, 01:08 AM
:):):) Caesar, I guess you were posting at the same time I was, that's exactly what the Chinese would have done with the "original" ...

Caesar
05-19-2012, 01:38 AM
LOL:D I reminded that actually that was the case, from the memories I wrote when I first travelled in China (Kathai) with my fellow countryman Marco Polo and his father, although it was a later dinasty and the emperor was a Mongolian, Kubilai Khan :rolleyes: ... No, actually I'm not that old. :o