PDA

View Full Version : Sunset Surprise

barnburner
05-17-2012, 12:54 AM
Well, I walked down to the lake to see if I could perhaps catch a couple of bass before it got completely dark. How in the world was I supposed to know that my favorite fishing spot was already occupied by a mermaid? :cool:

third rock prisoner
05-17-2012, 01:29 AM
Like this very much especially the tree, the whole thing has a dreamy surreal quality about it.

jibes
05-17-2012, 05:03 AM
Good use of complementary colors in this scene with a silhouetted tree and mermaid. Nice on Mr Burner!

shadowslake
05-17-2012, 06:09 AM
Nicely done.

barnburner
05-17-2012, 07:00 AM
Third Rock Junior - Thanks. I appreciate it. :) :)

Neal - Thanks for the kind comments. :) :)

Shadowslake - Many thanks. :) :)

coops
05-17-2012, 07:29 AM
Lovely colours, soothing painting, well done Barnburner:)

pat1940
05-17-2012, 08:39 AM
Well Barney, leave it up to you to find a beautiful mermaid, you had her hook line and sinker, (like my pun) lol nice job:D:D:D:D

barnburner
05-17-2012, 10:20 AM
Katie - Thanks so much. I very much appreciate your kindness. :) :)

Pat - You caught me! You figured out that I painted that entire scene, just so I could paint that mermaid didn't you? :cool: :o :) Thank you so much. :) :)

Valerie
05-17-2012, 12:34 PM
Terrific work.
Val

limey-g
05-17-2012, 01:30 PM
Nicely done barnburner, love the colours.
Geoff

Alexandra
05-17-2012, 02:18 PM
Mike, this is so beautiful, great work!:):cool::):cool::):cool::):cool::):cool::)

barnburner
05-18-2012, 12:22 AM
Val - Thank you very much. :) :)

Geoff - Many thanks. Much appreciated. :) :)

mannafig
05-18-2012, 08:22 AM
Cheeky little thing stealing your fishing spot. On the other hand she might share it with you for a kiss;);)
Nicely done dear friend:):)

barnburner
05-19-2012, 12:22 AM
Cheeky little thing stealing your fishing spot. On the other hand she might share it with you for a kiss;);)
Nicely done dear friend:):)

Many thanks dear Amanda. :) :) :)
And that she did! But then, that's just part of the story.....
As a boy, I loved the story of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table. Many years ago, as a young man, I was given information that indicated that Merlin had written a diary that would, once and for all, prove the legend of Arthur to be either fact or fiction.
Somehow, that diary had been transported from Brittany to it's hiding place among some old ruins near Mannheim, Germany. After three months of digging, I learned that the information that had been given to me, was but a hoax.
In an attempt to shake my sadness, I stopped in England on my way home to do a bit of sightseeing for a few days. Unable to sleep on my first night in England, I rented a car and drove until I found the banks of the English Channel.
For more than an hour, I walked those banks in the glow of a full moon. Then, in an isolated area, I was shocked to discover a mermaid sitting amid the waves coming ashore. She was beautiful, with long blonde hair, and curves that would excite any man.
The Mermaid's name was Rina. She listened to my story of the failed expedition to recover Merline's diary, and sensing my sadness, she kissed me. Oh, but what a kiss it was! In fact, it was followed by several more. Then, she took me in hand, and with me in tow, she swam the English channel, and there on the beaches of Normandy, we slept in each other's arms.
When I awoke, Rina was gone. She had traced a message in the sand that read, "I was called away. I will find you again. I promise you!"
Hoping to see that promise fulfilled, I stayed in England for several weeks, but it was to no avail. Finally, I had to return home.
Certainly, I realized that finding me was an impossible task, but I suppose I was hoping for a miracle. However, as the years passed, hope evolved into a very special and warm memory.
Then, this one evening as the sun was setting, I walked down to try and catch a couple of fish, and found this beautiful mermaid waiting on me. My heart leaped in joy as I realized Rina had somehow found me. Unfortunately, when I got close to her, I saw that it was not her.
This mermaid, whose name was Shira, appeared to be about the age that Rina had been when we had met. She explained that Rina was her mother. Rina had searched for me endlessly, but had finally fallen sick and died. Before she passed away, she charged her daughter with finding me and fulfilling her promise to me.
Shira was every bit as beautiful as her mother. She took me into her arms and her kisses proved to be just as powerful and exciting as her mother's had been so many years ago. Rina had at long last, fulfilled her promise thru her beautiful daughter.

Ever since that night, each evening, I go down to the fishing spot with rod, reel and tackle box in hand. Each evening, my heart soars when I see Shira emerge from the water.
I've never caught a single fish.

mannafig
06-06-2012, 07:49 PM
What a great story dear Mike
I love it:):)

semd74
06-06-2012, 10:38 PM
Wonderful painting Mike, love the colors in this one

barnburner
06-06-2012, 11:24 PM
What a great story dear Mike
I love it:):)

:) So glad you did dear Amanda. :):):)

barnburner
06-06-2012, 11:25 PM
Wonderful painting Mike, love the colors in this one

Thanks a lot Steve. Much appreciated. :) :)