PDA

View Full Version : What can I do with this?

Kris
05-06-2012, 12:28 AM
This started off as a doodle to try out the pen settings and just grew

It's quite amazing how the pen just takes over sometimes, even witout thinking about a picture a plan or canvas.

So, now I am stuck with the glimmer of a picture but with no idea where to go next...any suggestions welcomed

coops
05-06-2012, 04:26 AM
I really like what you have done so far, the lighting on the grass is great. Maybe a glimmer of a figure or maybe a fish in the water. Keep looking I am sure something with come to mind:(

Astrila
05-06-2012, 07:43 AM
maybe add a duck?

shadowslake
05-06-2012, 08:24 AM
X the duck and keep the fish ideal. Maby a coy? Either way welcome to the fun of having a pen tablet. I love mine. Keep up the good work.

Kris
05-06-2012, 10:05 AM
Thanks for the input. Not sure I can do fish but may have a stab at a Duck

barnburner
05-06-2012, 02:37 PM
Possibly a little work on water in the foreground, maybe some trees, or hills in the background, a bird in the sky?

Kris
05-07-2012, 04:12 PM
Well the duck turned out OK, but not at all happy with the Trees 66749 Might have to delete that layer

coops
05-07-2012, 09:15 PM
This is looking really good and I think the tree adds depth to the painting. Maybe a reflection of the duck would add a little more to it too. Well done:)

barnburner
05-07-2012, 11:31 PM
Looking better. If I might suggest something. To me, it appears the duck is too large in relation to the tree and the grass/reeds. If you have it on a seperate layer, you might want to use the transform option and resize it. I agree with Coops that a reflection of the duck would help a lot. Just a little smear of paint and spread with the knife would work.
Might possibly want to think about resizing grass. That would probably make your tree more prominent.
Just a couple of ideas. You're doing good. :)

limey-g
05-08-2012, 12:54 AM
I like where it is going and the tree is fine, I would rotate the duck slightly clockwise, (assuming its on its own layer).
Then add some simple defined ripples in the water around the duck to give it some realism and to anchor it to the painting.
Geoff

shadowslake
05-08-2012, 05:57 AM
Nicely done.

Kris
05-10-2012, 09:36 AM
Very useful tips.
I think you are right, the duck was definitely too big, and the tree massively out of proportion.
Had a re-think about the composition.

I have moved the reeds back a bit and given them some reflection, deleted the tree and intend to bring the duck back a bit lower down and have also started on another foreground level.
Spray tool and Pencil have been my practice tools. Had a bit of fun with learning to cut and paste when the duck became a casualty; fortunately there is a great 'undo' tool.