PDA

View Full Version : Descendant of Cleopatra

Caesar
05-05-2012, 03:35 AM
I got another task from my younger boy. One of his mates asked to have also her sister's portrait.
Just a quick drawing (it's for free as usual:(:D) with pencil and chalk from a reference picture he got from the his mate ...

coops
05-05-2012, 04:02 AM
She has a right come hither look in her eyes Cesare, fine painting again:)

barnburner
05-05-2012, 04:20 AM
I agredee with Katie, that look in her eyes is very interesting.;) :D Fine job.

gxhpainter2
05-05-2012, 04:42 AM
Nice job on this portrait, Caesar..very expressive pose and eyes..as Katie and BB noted..;)...

pat1940
05-05-2012, 04:49 AM
Love the portrait Caesar and yes those eyes, wonderful job:):):):):)

Caesar
05-05-2012, 06:46 AM
Dear Katie, I guess she's got an age when girls start fancying a little bit about love and boys and aren't anymore fully innocent and unaware. This is what she could be expressing even under the conventional modesty of her religiously induced modesty of dressing. She's not going to be a nun I expect (no more than the Monza's nun of Alessandro Manzoni book wished to:D), even if she may look so. Thank You!

Thank You, dear Barnburner. I obviously tried to emphasize a little bit her eyes and pose as they appeared in the picture to make the portrait a more psychologcally and aesthetically expressive.

Dear Gary, my best abstracts probably refers to what a person may be willing to communicate and it's enough a little hint to me for guessing and illustrating right enough the feeling of the moment or the character. Not being a real artist, this is possibly my little natural talent which drives most of l my efforts and learning. Thank You!

The last decades of intense immigration made considerably more varied our human panorama, dear Pat. It's a great advantage for drawing and painting and we may also learn furtherly how much similar we all are, wherever we are from. Thank You!

Strandy
05-05-2012, 07:02 AM
Somehow, seeing the thread title I thought about the ancient Egyptian Queen. Maybe, because the Queens have some influence on almost anything, I do in Art actually? :cool: But It's also probably, you just got to accustom us to ancient world in your work?

In any case, another nice painting from you Caesar :)

justjean
05-05-2012, 07:28 AM
a ver nice portrait, Caesar . But me thinks she's old enough to know what her eyes are saying :D

Docsmith626
05-05-2012, 09:25 AM
The last time a girl that young looked at me like that, (About five decades ago.) her father threatened me with an ax handle. :D

D Akey
05-06-2012, 12:16 AM
You're really pumping up your son's esteem at school! Well done papa!

These kids should treasure these pictures. But as a descendant of Cleopatra, she could go into denial, I mean de Nile at any time.

Kris
05-06-2012, 01:00 AM
I got another task from my younger boy. One of his mates asked to have also her sister's portrait.
Just a quick drawing (it's for free as usual:(:D) with pencil and chalk from a reference picture he got from the his mate ...

That is so beautiful. I am sure she will love it. She could have it printed out to hang on her bedroom wall? It would look fantastic on an A2 Canvas. Is the face a trace? I have always had trouble with facial likeness, and can never seem to get the eyes symmetrical. In ps I can cheat and do a select and FLIP image. Can't find that function on ArtRage

limey-g
05-06-2012, 01:59 AM
Nicely done Caesar, just think how much money you could make doing avatars for use on Facebook :D
Geoff

Alexandra
05-06-2012, 08:19 AM
I love her expression Cesare, and such a wonderful portrait!

jonwood
05-06-2012, 11:21 PM
excellent work as always..

Caesar
05-07-2012, 10:54 PM
As a Caesar I could not avoid to refer to Cleopatra, at least in a painting, dear Strandy! ;) Thank You!

I suspect so, dear Jean! I'm just afraid customs got progressively worse for Egyptian people and women in particular so that personal and religious freedom and tolerance is furtherly restricted while the political one is suffering too. Anyway, as a neighbour across the Mediterranean, I wish the marvellous Egypt and Egyptian people all the best. Thank You!

I can understand his jealousy, dear Doc, but I presume he should have rather worried about his educational role as father, unless You were then some sort of very dangerous seductive corruptor; anyway if he thought of an axe he must have perceived some sort of unexpected, undue branch growing at her glance... ;):D Thank You!

Dear D Akey, You're right. Actually Gabriele needed to have his self-esteem pumped furtherly, since he's not tendentially a joyful and open boy and he doesn't accept challenges whenever he's got chances to lose :o (although he tends to get too rapidly and much over-inflated whenever he scores :D). Anyway he already raised appreciation and self-esteem by himself as a most admired and creative excercise-book pencil drawer (and he doesn't exploit, with a more friendly and smiling approach to other people, the advantage to be a very handsome boy). Unfortunately he tends to take over commitments beyond his present expertise (he doesn't usually paint and draw portraits) and relies (too much and in too many cases) on his papÓ!:(:D
Thank You!

Thank You, dear Kris! Maybe I can tell You soon, since today my son will probably hand this portrait over to the subject's sister. :o

Well, I hope there's an Avatar business success in front of me, dear Geoff! I should only find how to organise it and get through the gate into the market ...:rolleyes::)

Thank You, dear Sandra! I just wish they didn't need to bear an exterior cultural regression to traditions and costumes once progressively limited in Egypt mostly to people of rural and poor areas. There's a revival of increased and imposed religious ostentation and interpreted rules in these days over there as in the rest of North Africa and Middle East, I'm afraid and women are the ones paying the highest price for being free to decide on themselves.

Thank You, dear Jonwood! I hope they won't ask for caricatures too ... :D

Docsmith626
05-08-2012, 07:24 AM
It was just an ax handle, Caesar, a wooden stick. At that time it was not unusual for the fathers of young girls to regard boys as a threat, particularly those with a reputation for being "wild". I much preferred it to the other common weapon of protective fathers, a shotgun loaded with rock salt. :D

Caesar
05-08-2012, 08:38 PM
LOL :D I thought You just dropped the e of axe ... You should have rather had her escaping from her room window to meet You, as it was the case with one of my past girlfriend, when we were pretty young,;) whose father (a too old and become rich guy) couldn't stand the idea that, according to my reputation, I was only a quite brilliant, serious, intelligent, proficient, educated and well built boy, but just middle class as for my parents money ... and I didn't care of his money neither I felt any inferiority complex of any kind.

screenpainter
05-08-2012, 09:35 PM
super. you painted her beautifully and she is beautiful to begin with. excellent. they will be very happy indeed with that portrait.

Caesar
05-09-2012, 02:05 AM
Actually I still have to know her reaction from my son ... :rolleyes: Thank You!

Rowena
05-09-2012, 02:23 AM
A fine portrait Ceasar!
She seems to have a distinctive style and disposition which you have here captured , I admire that quality very much in women... and also in men ;)
Also admire the fine way in which you have rendered the details of her unique dress, very nicely done indeed ;)

Caesar
05-09-2012, 03:56 AM
Thank you, dear Rowena! I blush in front of Your most kind and encouraging compliments!:)