PDA

View Full Version : A try at Pino

justjean
05-04-2012, 02:45 AM
A new contact in my eye and prisms in my glasses and I can see better :)

One layer for b/g and then painted on a new layer , dry brush in oils and wet blender,

Weeks
05-04-2012, 04:31 AM
MMmmm...! JustJean, so cute. :eek:

Best,

Weeks

Strandy
05-04-2012, 05:21 AM
Oh! she is so wonderful! Very soft. Quite like from master himself http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.png :)

pat1940
05-04-2012, 05:57 AM
Jean, I was so excited when I seen Pino above your name, love, love it, so glad
you did this:):):):):):):):):):):):)

AT-TA
05-04-2012, 06:04 AM
Nice Pino,Jean.:)

limey-g
05-04-2012, 08:02 AM
This great jean, just the right amount of skin showing.
Geoff

justjean
05-04-2012, 10:12 AM
Thanks Weeks, Strandy, Pat, Anna and Geoff for your kind comments they are much appreciated :)

chinapete
05-04-2012, 10:45 AM
justjean, I also have prisms in my glasses, and when I look this painting without them, I can see how rounded the forms are and how they cohere in light and color even as the edges disappear ...

damasocl
05-04-2012, 11:04 AM
Wonderful!!!

shadowslake
05-04-2012, 12:27 PM
Nicely done. Verry sensual.

jibes
05-04-2012, 01:34 PM
Excellent work Jean! I'd rather see original Art however.

justjean
05-04-2012, 02:16 PM
ChinaPete, thanks :) but if I didn't use my glasses (they help curtail my double vision) she would have another head growing
out of her original one :D

Damas, thank you for looking in and commenting :)

shadowslake, thanks for your nice comments :)

Jibes, thanks , about the only thing I try painting from my imagination is landscapes but will try harder :D

EB
05-04-2012, 11:48 PM
I like this well done

Earle

Caesar
05-05-2012, 12:50 AM
It's a wonderful Pino's lady, but with a much softer and dreamy look, thus You succeeded to get an original and very personal interpretation and a marvellous artpiece.

silvy
05-05-2012, 01:24 AM
Wonderful!! One of your best, I love it.
Great work Jean:):)

barnburner
05-05-2012, 02:35 AM
What a beautiful paining Jean. Has a wonderful mood to it. Well done! :) :) :)

coops
05-05-2012, 03:00 AM
This is one of my favourite paintings of Pino and you have done such a lovely delicate job of painting it well done:)

gxhpainter2
05-05-2012, 03:49 AM
very nicely done Jean..this genre of paint matches your style perfectly.. a great treatment of form and color..

justjean
05-06-2012, 12:05 AM
Thanks Earle, I'm pleased that you like it :)

Caesar, thank you , I have a very light hand from china painting and working with unfired ceramics :D

Silvy, thank you, your words are much appreciated :D

Thanks Mike, lovely words from a great word smith :D

Thanks Katie, sometimes less is more isn't it :D

Gary, thanks for your more than kind words :D

D Akey
05-06-2012, 05:39 AM
So you got some new eye workings. Wonderful that must be! What a miracle time for artists, eh?

I very much love the sensuality of this. Yours is more delicate than Pino's. You are less contrasty, which gives it a different flavor, albeit a valid one. He pushed the darks harder, which is something he learned from his days painting Romance paperback covers, being to make it where it could compete against all the other paperback covers screaming for attention on the racks. Color and contrast, not to mention beauty.

You have all the beauty with a softer allure. She's very accessible and her back says she is very smooth and equipped with gentle feminine grace and mystery, as if one would have to reach in deeply to get her attention. She's waiting to be invited to turn toward the viewer but not immediately. Lost in her thoughts and feelings perhaps. Reflective. There's a story here in yours as well as in Pino's. I think yours is looking inside deeper than Pino's, psychologically speaking, owing to your interpretation and how you handled the visual information.

I especially love the hair. Your variety of marks and color makes it very intriguing because it's not overly explained. But it reads great.

Splendid job! Funny, now that you have new "eye wear", you have gone softer focus. As such, I know that was a conscious choice, not cause you were having some difficulty seeing, hahaha.

Brava!

Alexandra
05-06-2012, 07:00 AM
So pretty Jean, great work!

justjean
05-08-2012, 12:59 PM
ah Mr DA your words are always so interesting, thank you , as for seeing better it has it's down side too, now I can see all the dust and debris I have missed in my housekeeping :D
Thank you Sandy, I'm happy you like it :D

Alexandra
05-08-2012, 11:18 PM
Well...I see that I did comment, I am trying to delete my second one-and I can't figure it out yet-haha-anyway, had to look again Jean-I love the brush work here.