PDA

View Full Version : Venus with Mars surprised by Vulcan

Caesar
05-04-2012, 02:20 AM
I know it's not really the most recent gossip and we shouldn't mind of gods' affairs, but after looking to the original and slightly disquieting Jasmine Toad's style introduced by Alexandra and since I always used very little airbrush, I finally decided to try this experiment with a mythological story I composed referenceless (after reviewing many classical painting on the subject though).
Not much refined as a finish (since I progressively messed with initial layer planning), but I hope You like this style departure too .....

BTW, the story is that, as ironic as it may seem, Vulcan the ugly and lame god of any craftmanship was Venus husband, but Venus was a quite wife and had affairs with either gods and men. Among mosrtal there were also Adonis and Anchises, Enea's father. Enea, the only major Troian hero escaping from burning Troy, was the grandpa of Romulus and Remus, according to Vergil, thus the Romans' mythological ancestor.

limey-g
05-04-2012, 02:48 AM
Very good mate, you have great imagination, it came together really well.
Geoff

gxhpainter2
05-04-2012, 03:03 AM
excellent reinterpretation of a titanic event... I love the expressions.. well done!.:):)

barnburner
05-04-2012, 03:09 AM
Now, there's a story designed to keep a reader/viewer's attention! :)
Superb painting Caesar! :D:D:D

L Skylar Brown
05-04-2012, 03:13 AM
Marvelous. Wonderful imagination, as usual

Weeks
05-04-2012, 05:38 AM
Oh... Caesar, so good, so well done... :eek:

Best,

Weeks

justjean
05-04-2012, 06:11 AM
Caesar, how great is this, love the style

Strandy
05-04-2012, 06:41 AM
It was definitely worth to wait for finished version. It looks really superb.

They all are like the goddesses and gods of ancient world used to be. Whatever they did, they always decided about the life and death of us mortals. I think, you painted them even so. They seem still to look at us. http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/images/icons/icon4.png:cool:

pat1940
05-04-2012, 06:51 AM
Caesar, I would love to have your imagination, job well done, whats not to like:):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

AT-TA
05-04-2012, 07:15 AM
It is obvious, Caesar, that you like Venus the most of all:) ...and she is looking so cute and lovable...awesome experiment........so sweet... love the composition, palette and expressive faces also.

shadowslake
05-04-2012, 01:32 PM
Thanks I needed a good laugh. Good work in the painting as well.

jibes
05-04-2012, 02:21 PM
Way to go Caesar! I like your style!

Caesar
05-04-2012, 08:43 PM
Thank You, dear Geoff. Actually I should have planned a procedure and scope for the various layers, painted each figure separately at larger size and made all more precise, also setting up progressively a palette, but since I've no contract, I just do these illustrations for fun and within a not so long timeframe.

Since ancient Greek gods had the same vices and virtues than humans, I gave them the same expressions, dear Gary. Thank You!

Thank You, dear Barney! Actually I did what was often done on classical paintings, but with a more comics-like style.

Glad You like this funny style departure too, dear Skylar. Thank You!

Just an experiment of style and lights telling a story. Thank You, dear Weeks!

Dear Jean, I was pretty sure ladies would have appreciated this style inspired to Jasmine Toad. Thank You!

It could have been even better, dear Strandy, but it was a funny experiment the same. Thank You!

Thank You, dear Pat! My imagination is entertaining for me too, but may get embarassing sometimes ....:o:D

Sure I do, like Parides, but I'm not Mars, dear Anna. I'm probably also a warrior kin descendant, but I don't like violence. Thank You!

In real world this kind of stories and scenes tend not to be so quiet and olympically peaceful though, dear Shadow.:D Thank You!

Thank You, dear Jibes. Actually I found too many ways to improve and go, looking to so many masters and professionals I like, but I'm too old to follow them all ...;)

Kris
05-04-2012, 11:34 PM
I know it's not really the most recent gossip and we shouldn't mind of gods' affairs, but after looking to the original and slightly disquieting Jasmine Toad's style introduced by Alexandra and since I always used very little airbrush, I finally decided to try this experiment with a mythological story I composed referenceless (after reviewing many classical painting on the subject though).
Not much refined as a finish (since I progressively messed with initial layer planning), but I hope You like this style departure too .....

BTW, the story is that, as ironic as it may seem, Vulcan the ugly and lame god of any craftmanship was Venus husband, but Venus was a quite wife and had affairs with either gods and men. Among mosrtal there were also Adonis and Anchises, Enea's father. Enea, the only major Troian hero escaping from burning Troy, was the grandpa of Romulus and Remus, according to Vergil, thus the Romans' mythological ancestor.

It would look good in a Manga publication with those great big soulful eyes

EB
05-05-2012, 01:08 AM
Very well done

Earle

Caesar
05-05-2012, 02:23 AM
Thank You, dear Kris.
I see what You say and thank You very much although, being half century old, I'm not really a manga style fan, but some of them are tasty, I admit. Today I reviewed illustrations by Moebius and we've got many great Italian comics artists, such as Hugo Pratt, Milo Manara, Crepax, Serpieri Eleuteri and many more successful one all over Europe and the world that I find usually manga drawings a little too simplistic and unpersonal, grafically speaking. Moreover I like also drawings in the style of Disney, Hanna & Barbera and a few French, Belgian and Latin American comics artists, thus a quite different type of style. Nonethelss I like to apply distortions to classical proportions on the bodies of funny characters and illustrations ....

Glad You like this new experiment too, dear Earle! Thank YoU!

silvy
05-05-2012, 02:30 AM
:):)Proprio bello! Mi piace questa interpretazione mitologica in chiave umoristica, i personaggi sono fantastici. Bravo Cesare

coops
05-05-2012, 04:11 AM
This really makes me smile Cesare for she has such an innocent look on her face but beware she is a right vixen. Great painting Cesare:)

Caesar
05-05-2012, 06:24 AM
Beh, cosė si stempera l'argomento un po'morboso di un tradimento coniugale mitico, cara Silvia.:D Grazie!

Dear Katie, we imagine from Your avatar You're always delightfully smiling so it's a pleasure if I may contribute to keep You doing it. Thank You!

Alexandra
05-06-2012, 08:07 AM
WOW Cesare! Haha, this is adorable, You are such a great artist! Love this!