PDA

View Full Version : Scattered Bones

gxhpainter2
04-29-2012, 06:23 AM
under the sea, at the site of an ancient wreck... jacktar51's influence ..;)

D Akey
04-29-2012, 07:58 AM
You're doing great! Has a primary childlike, finger paint quality. It would be thematically appropriate as well considering paleontology as studying the childhood of life on the planet.

Carl Jung would also approve based on where he was coming from as well. :):):)

screenpainter
04-29-2012, 08:07 AM
really encourage folks to click on the image and then the magnifying glass to see this one at full size. there's so much to see of texture and
beautiful colors. I see the bone shapes scattered throughout as well. it's a great homage to Jack. methinks I even see his Portrait face peering out at me.

D Akey
04-29-2012, 08:21 AM
Really? I can kinda make out a face. And I can see a dirk or belaying pin.

Based on it being a variation on a head, it's brilliant. I can't say I would have made that connection, but having had it pointed out, I can kinda see it.

I haven't been looking super close, examining little details for hidden info. It's a cool idea. But there's just so much time I can put into viewing one painting. Were it sitting on my wall where I could look at it over time, I would doubtless have lots of things emerge over time. And that's the difference, I suppose, between a first read and a second read etc.

Going through these online, I'm not one to look overlong at any one in particular. But there are those who do, clearly.

So it's nice to know it's layered. Good for the ones who own it.

Thanks screenpainter for pointing it out. I will in future linger.

GXHPainter, your stuff has gotten very good indeed. I really like the stylization of a face. Has a bit of a primitive body markings or tattoos or decorative scarring kind of Queequeg from Moby Dick kind of mariner feel.

pat1940
04-30-2012, 04:16 AM
Gary, another one that catches the eyes, just love your talent:):):)

gxhpainter2
04-30-2012, 05:16 AM
Albert. I am so happy you took the time to look at a larger scale as most of my works are quite large the layering and details become clearer and I hope add to the work. the small size for the forum destroys a lot. :D:):):)

D Akey...I am always pleased to get your comments, they are helpful and provide an idea of how my work is perceived and if I am catching peoples eye with color, form. I do try to put in multiple layers of meaning, and form that work together so for those that take the time more is revealed under different lights, I think a really good work has to provide under all lighting and the first glance should grab their attention but reward them as they look longer...:):):cool::cool::cool:

Pat.. thanks so glad for your constant support!..:):):D

Weeks
04-30-2012, 05:44 AM
GxhPainter... :eek: Wow my favorite !!!

Best,

Weeks

gxhpainter2
04-30-2012, 07:21 AM
Weeks...as a big fan of your work, this is an especially rewarding comment.:cool::cool::)

coops
04-30-2012, 10:16 PM
I see a face peeping out throught the wonderful bright colours, well done Gary:)

gxhpainter2
05-01-2012, 03:02 AM
Katie, thanks for your kind comment!...:)

silvy
05-01-2012, 03:52 AM
Really a very plesure to look at this painting in full view.
Great texture and materic paint, lovely colors:)

gxhpainter2
05-01-2012, 06:18 AM
Thanks Silvy, I went to your web site... very nice layout...did you do it?...:):)

Marilyn Anne
05-01-2012, 07:11 AM
I am always a fan!

Rowena
05-02-2012, 03:24 AM
Deliciously tactile - a visual delight! :cool::D

gxhpainter2
05-02-2012, 03:30 AM
Marilyn Anne, thank you!... so happy that your a fan!...:):)

Rowena, thank you always nice to get such a positive feedback from your talented eye..:):)

silvy
05-02-2012, 03:37 AM
Thanks Silvy, I went to your web site... very nice layout...did you do it?...:):)

Many thanks gxhpainter;), yes I did it with free tools from google, was very simple. The old one was more laborious, really a home-made website upload all the pages in folders by FTP software. But the old manager of free space has closed:(.

MSIE
05-02-2012, 12:07 PM
Gary, I definitely belong to the species who looks closely and takes time to explore a painting - and your paintings are sooo worth looking at :) :) :)
"Scattered Bones" is no exception ~ I can see microorganisms, eyes/face, landscapes, horizons, even the whole globe (bottom right corner) ... it's just wonderful and interesting! :)

as Rowena said, a visual delight :) :)

chinapete
05-02-2012, 01:57 PM
This also has the arrangement and feel of a still life, and as with all still lifes, there's nothing still in it, and it's all life :-)
If there could be a genre called "underwater still life," this would be a representative work ...

Caesar
05-02-2012, 10:41 PM
I love this sort of paleonthological painting where You seem to have collected all left part of many glorious past times ...

gxhpainter2
05-03-2012, 03:14 AM
MSIE...it is a thrill to have someone dig into my paintings and find the layers and hidden treasures!.... :D:D... this particular work had many such features and in doing it I stumbled on a couple of new tricks... so it was one that made me happy .... most unlike "Favorite Things" which was a struggle from start to finish.. you would think that after 50 years of painting things would flow a lot easier.....;);)

Pete... thanks.. it does have that quality of arrangement and studied form but also plays with the light like the shimmering light under water..

Caesar... thanks mate... I do seem to get into a historical mindset from time to time. like compressing 3,000 years into a single moment..:D:cool::cool: