PDA

View Full Version : mighty night

dried_rice
04-27-2012, 12:58 PM
something I whipped up a while ago...

Caesar
04-27-2012, 07:42 PM
Welcome and great moody painting and style.

dried_rice
04-28-2012, 05:44 AM
Thank you, Caesar! You are right, it is moody.

Now here is a question for you all: before you begin to paint something, do you have a mood you are trying to achieve? It seems for me, everything is accidental. For example, I wasn't intentionally going for that look in the painting. It just came out that way.

Mule
04-28-2012, 06:17 AM
In my opinion art has many muses and it constantly evolves.

By the way I really like the eeriness you captured.

screenpainter
04-28-2012, 08:53 AM
great little piece. off to a great beginning with the software. I agree with Cesare, it has a quiet Asian sensibility to it and the moon and the lighting give it a peaceful somber mood with a bit of mystery added. it reminds me of pictures I have seen of or from Vietnam.

mannafig
04-28-2012, 10:23 PM
A very nice little painting:):)

coops
04-29-2012, 01:37 AM
This is so easy on the eye, I like it a lot:)

barnburner
04-29-2012, 03:15 AM

Now here is a question for you all: before you begin to paint something, do you have a mood you are trying to achieve? It seems for me, everything is accidental. For example, I wasn't intentionally going for that look in the painting. It just came out that way.

In answer to your question, yes and no. :D I often have a mood/setting/look that I have in mind. However, many times, in the process, my thinking changes, or the cow I was going to paint looks more like a duck, so I paint the duck..:D:D Other times, it ends up with what I had in mind.
I do like the mood of this painting a lot. :):)

dried_rice
04-29-2012, 08:49 AM
Thank you guys for the comments. I get very excited to see new comments, haha.

I'll say this, reading some of the comments make me look at the painting differently... like I begin to see what people see and appreciate the new meanings, even though when I painted it I didn't think of the painting in those ways.

Nightblair
04-30-2012, 10:40 PM
I like the atmosphere and your style. Great colors. Looking forward to next one.

shadowslake
05-01-2012, 01:06 AM

I guess it depends on my mood. JK. I go off mood sometimes. Other times I go off what I want to produce. In general my mood ones turn out beter than the planned ones do.

silvy
05-01-2012, 04:09 AM
Very nice painting! Welcome:)