PDA

View Full Version : The blackbird and the pear at springtime

Caesar
04-21-2012, 03:15 AM
I had two images in my mind, a weird pear picture I took and used as a reference (herebelow too) and the image in my memory of blackbirds I use to see in our garden (or on our terrace looking for bread crumbs) whose male I find wonderful with its black plumage and the yellow-orange beck and eye.
I made a composition thereof on one of my customer background. I didn't use any tracing, color picking, sticker, stencil etc., just the tools (roller, airbrush, chalk and pencil).
I hope You may like this strange image and quite daring and aggressive color scheme ....

Docsmith626
04-21-2012, 10:31 AM
Love that background texture. It makes the pear and the blackbird really jump out. :D;)

Marilyn Anne
04-21-2012, 01:01 PM
I like the background and the shapes. I think the colors are great!

shadowslake
04-21-2012, 02:18 PM
Nice job. Is it just me or does the pair take the shape of a huge but? :D;) Sorry could not help myself.

gxhpainter2
04-21-2012, 03:04 PM
Caesar..wow nice work and very very different!.. like the rich colors of the background and the blackbird...:):)

coops
04-21-2012, 10:20 PM
I agree with Doc the background is great Cesare, nice painting too:)

Docsmith626
04-22-2012, 04:36 AM
Shadow, you're right. After several decades in the forensic business, I can safely say that the pear photograph looks remarkably like the backside of an obease corpse. ;)

shadowslake
04-22-2012, 06:54 AM
Shadow, you're right. After several decades in the forensic business, I can safely say that the pear photograph looks remarkably like the backside of an obease corpse. ;)

LOL thought it was just me. :D

Caesar
04-22-2012, 06:50 PM
I was not sure about keeping the background so strong or tone it down, dear Doc. I'm glad it worked this way! Thank You!

Thank You, dear Marilyn Anne! Colors were the great challenge here to harmonize or compose without looking to aggressive and discordant.

Dear Shadow, it looks like You was the first one to notice the pears peculiar shape, and the only one to candidly say it. :D Thank You!

It's not the first time I get different. Each now and then it's a must for me, dear Gary. Thank You!

Thank You, dear Katie! Actually the background and the back-like shape are possibly the reading key and a pun and the bird may have also some fun, joking relation with the rest. But that would become psychoanalysis ...:D

Dear Doc and Shadow, to say it more artistically, the pear reminds of the Willendorf Venus seen from behind ...:D

justjean
04-22-2012, 08:17 PM
Caesar, a interesting scene with the butty pear , the bird and that wonderful background,

Caesar
04-22-2012, 10:22 PM
I find a surreal scene is always somehow evocative, thus interesting, dear Jean.
Thank You!