PDA

View Full Version : A Boy and His Dog2

Alexandra
04-19-2012, 11:35 PM
A boy and his best friend.;):)

barnburner
04-20-2012, 12:12 AM
Love it Sandy! Brings back fond memories. Always had a dog as a boy, and being an only child, those dogs were my constant companions. Great job! :):):)

kenmo
04-20-2012, 12:28 AM
Very nice... and what pleasant summer memories of my youth these bring back...

limey-g
04-20-2012, 12:50 AM
I really like it, you should have entered this in the recent tree challenge.
Geoff

Caesar
04-20-2012, 02:22 AM
This is a most wonderful painting in Your unmistakeable, tasty style, dear Sandra!
The boy seems to be a very good climber, since the tree branches start quite high ... :)

youcandraw
04-20-2012, 03:23 AM
I love this drawing, reminds when i was a kid. Well I'm still kid but :P.
Good job mate :)

gxhpainter2
04-20-2012, 03:25 AM
Sandy.. amazing work I love the field of daisy's and great job on tree bark, overall a very very charming picture..:eek::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):):):):) :):)

Alexandra
04-20-2012, 03:51 AM
I felt like an only child at times Mike. I was the last one and maybe a surprise baby as my mother's fifth child had just turned six, and then came me.:o I too enjoyed many dogs in my youth and still do today. I feel as if I have been so blessed to have been able to keep them and enjoy their unconditional love and affection. I am so pleased you enjoyed this.:)

I am so happy that you recalled a happier time dear Ken. I thought of you when I painted this. I remembered the painting you made of the boy running. I thought it was such a cheerful painting. I could identify with this kid too as I was a monkey instead of a little girl always climbing trees and nearly getting killed.:p

Oh, I missed this Geoff. Oh well...story of my life!:mad: Thanks though, I appreciate it!:)

Thanks dear Cesare! I imagine though to be a broken limb in the back or perhaps he balanced the fence to jump to the limb and pull himself up.;):)

Thanks YCD, as I've written before...I think I was not a child, but a monkey always climbing whatever tree I could. So glad you enjoyed this and that it made you think of those happy times too.

Thanks dear Gary! I am so late in replying on your paintings of late. They are glorious! Keep them coming dear friend!

fraser_paice
04-20-2012, 04:02 AM
Love the perspective and colours.

Alexandra
04-20-2012, 04:43 AM
Thank you dear Neil.

Marilyn Anne
04-20-2012, 05:42 AM
Quite a charming work

Alexandra
04-21-2012, 03:06 AM
Thank you Marilyn Anne, it was a fun one to create.:)

mannafig
04-21-2012, 03:42 AM
A very nice idyllic image dear Sandy:):)

Alexandra
04-21-2012, 06:59 AM
Thank you Amanda, always appreciated dear friend.

coops
04-21-2012, 10:31 PM
This is so cute and well painted Sandy, well done:)

Alexandra
04-23-2012, 02:17 PM
Thank you my dear friend Katie.:):):):):)

D Akey
04-23-2012, 03:01 PM
I had a platform of a tree house. I had a dog. I had a backpack and a rope. That dog was hoisted up into my tree house on a regular basis. He was a dachshund and he seemed to love it.

Little did I know that they were originally bred for saddle bags on horses. The hunters would have the long legged dogs chase down the critter and when and if it went into a hole, out came the dog with the very stubby legs. Perfect for tunnels.

So for him being in the backpack was genetic standard operating procedure.

And he didn't seem to have any qualms about being up in a tree. Being so short, he probably spent his life wondering what it would be like to be way above everybody else for a change.

One day, the platform in the tree, which was one of those old car carrier racks for the top of the car, was spit out by the tree. I grabbed the dog and we went down the magnolia tree like a toboggan. Cowabunga!

After that sort of surprise ending to the tree house days, we sat on the carrier now on the lawn and looked at each other and tried to come up with the next fort we would build. Wound up to be on the flat Spanish style roof of the garage.

This painting very much reminds me of that. Good job! :):):):):)

Alexandra
04-24-2012, 02:07 AM
Awww DAkey...dear friend-I loved your story. Thank you.
I think I had already written this, but as a girl I had a dachshund too. A cherished friend.
I am uploading another version of this painting. I hope you like it as well.
Just uploaded it to my zazzle store.

screenpainter
04-24-2012, 09:16 PM
I like your folk art look here Alex. very cool piece and warm memories of tire swings and dogs.

Caesar
04-24-2012, 09:27 PM
Ah, ah .... I see You made the boy's life easier now ... :p Great addition and painting!:)