PDA

View Full Version : salsa....and Mushrooms

Teejay
04-18-2012, 03:23 AM
hello here are my first two proper paintings...ever..

i have been playing in art rage for 1 week and am addicted...

i have tried to paint before but without any real success.

i am so very proud of these and equally nervous of showing them..lol.

i am off to start my third.. thankyou for looking at these.

shadowslake
04-18-2012, 03:38 AM
As a struggling artist myself i appreciate your point of view. Keep up the good work and never give up. I wont be great today or tomorow but some day.... some day.

limey-g
04-18-2012, 06:51 AM
Welcome you are off to a good start,
If I may comment on the first one the character should be positioned more on top of the mushroom as at the moment he seems to be in front of it. Not forgetting to add a narrow dark shadow under him to anchor him to the mushroom .
Geoff

shadowslake
04-18-2012, 07:49 AM
Welcome you are off to a good start,
If I may comment on the first one the character should be positioned more on top of the mushroom as at the moment he seems to be in front of it. Not forgetting to add a narrow dark shadow under him to anchor him to the mushroom .
Geoff

I agree. This guy knows what he is talking about. Right now the charater looks like a sticker stuck to the mushroom painting.

Belvrog
04-18-2012, 09:51 AM
Hi Teejay. Welcome here. Both are really nice. Keep it up!:)

MSIE
04-18-2012, 12:04 PM
I like these a lot :)
I especially like the lips of the woman (is it a woman?), and the heart you carved into the stem of the mushroom.
welcome to your new addiction! ;) :D

D Akey
04-18-2012, 03:53 PM
Sort of a Cindi Lauper kind of girl, I'd say. Maybe a bit of a loner. A little wild. Sort of tough talking. I like her already. The pose is great. Has a little tomboy in her.

The ropey tree trunk looks like it could move at any moment. From the Enchanted Forest?

screenpainter
04-18-2012, 07:02 PM
great start. I really like how you did the wings on Mushroom. and I liked the concept of a tree as a couple dancing the Salsa very much.

Caesar
04-18-2012, 07:32 PM
I don't know who or what salsa is (it's either a type of dance or sauce in Italian according to my knowledge) :p, but the image is quite beautiful! Welcome

Teejay
04-18-2012, 10:10 PM
you are so right about the shadow....and the position....

in my excitement of paint and knife i got totally engrossed...but yes...i see it know...

like a slap in the face...hahah.

i cheated with the tree dancers...i wanted to see if i could paint just SOMETHING to be proud of.
so i stuck a pair of salsa dancers as a trace and whacked the paint on thick and chunky..
betcha all knew that anyway..

i am in awe of all this art on this site..so.
thankyou so much for taking the time to look and give your help..

its a girl... moody .... well -issed off really..waiting is such a waste.

limey-g
04-19-2012, 12:56 AM
Hi Teejay, you will come to love this forum and all its wonderful members.
It has without doubt one of the nicest group of people you will ever come across and everyone is so willing to share their knowledge.

Glad the Artrage addiction has already started to take hold.
There is no cure so sit back and enjoy:)
Regards Geoff

Teejay
04-19-2012, 08:18 AM
hi limey-g

i have been messing about with paint ALL day...

my eyes hurt my neck is plaited to my spine in pain and i am wearing the biggest smile i have had in a long time ...i cant thank you all enough...

the only reason i stopped was i didnt want another coffee to go cold... i think i will have a stroll round the gallery ...thanks again.

limey-g
04-19-2012, 08:33 AM
Oh dear you have it bad, better go for a walk outdoors to get some exercise.
So let's see what you have been working on.
Geoff

D Akey
04-19-2012, 11:13 AM
She's goin' down! FOR GOD'S SAKE, SAVE THAT COFFEE!!!!!!! CAFFEINE AND CROISSANTS FIRST!!!! . . .