PDA

View Full Version : MacPloos the Highlander holding the purse ... and the pipe

Caesar
04-16-2012, 09:38 PM
I would acknowledge and thank Marilyn Monroe for the inspiration ... :p
Just a quick funny one I got from my last trip on a most famous bus. ;):D

eighty+
04-16-2012, 09:58 PM
Hail O Caesar O mighty One What and not a Haggis in sight :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

coops
04-16-2012, 10:27 PM
Oh Cesare I just love your sense of humour as well as your skill at painting. This is soooooooooooooo funny and I really do believe that it is dear Eighty on a night out on the town.:)

barnburner
04-17-2012, 12:10 AM
LOL! That's great Caesar. :D:D:):)

Caesar
04-17-2012, 03:29 AM
You're a real fun, dear ATPlus the Old! :p:p:p:D:D:D:D
No haggis in sight? That's good news indeed, mate.
It certainly means age and gravity did not affect this Scott's gentleman gastronomic features (insofat it's not a "castronomic" consequence of surgery for singing reasons)! :D:D:D:D

I wasn't that sure about it, dear Katie, when I took this shot ... :rolleyes::p
I presume You know 80+ legs better than I do. :D Thank you very much! Fortunately You're no more at Your office desk.:p:)

Dear Barnburner, Chet Garner would have a hard time with girls should this bold and witty Highlander be around fascinating ladies on Your U.S. lunar colony ... :D Thank You!

limey-g
04-17-2012, 05:16 AM
This is so funny Caesar, I guess he is a true Scotsman and uses his hands to keep everything in its place.
I wonder if his voice raised an octave or two.:D
Geoff

gxhpainter2
04-17-2012, 05:22 AM
Caesar..we can always count on you for the very clever and funny paintings..:D:D:):)

AT-TA
04-17-2012, 05:25 AM
I didn't know that our Eighty is a shy guy.... but he is a good sport also....and my... i had such a good laugh that i almost....uhm....very good caricature of a cute Scotsman.....i do love this and admire also, Caesare,your sweet and crisp sense of humor...

Eighty, you look so cute posing like this for us....:)

D Akey
04-17-2012, 04:32 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA. . . Caesar you out did yourself. This is brilliant.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I think he's a MacPloos, not a McPloos. The former is a Scot. The latter is Irish. I know he's been spending a wee bit of time across the water in Ireland. But do not be confused by the green laughing faces. We're claiming him.

http://www.jagshouse.com/macplus.html

Slap Happy Larry
04-17-2012, 07:25 PM
Very nice.

It reminds me of these pictures (http://thesocietypages.org/socimages/2012/02/15/embodying-gender-differences/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SociologicalImagesSeeingIsBel ieving+%28Sociological+Images%3A+Seeing+Is+Believi ng%29) from Sociological Images in which couples swap clothing. It's only then that we realise how gendered our photo poses really are.

coops
04-17-2012, 08:19 PM
I may not be at my office desk but I do have a desk at home so YOU be careful Cesare hehehehe:)

Caesar
04-17-2012, 08:28 PM
Dear Geoff, actually I didn't dare to check under the skirt this time. I'm sure You would understand and escuse my quite obsolete attitudes on what I prefer to look for ... :D Thank you.

Thank You, dear Gary! I tend to be a little naughty, goliardic and iconoclastic even not being a Tuscanian ... :D

Dear Anna, when You see a little grinning icon on one of my posts I'd suggest to find a comfortable place to sit on before You open it then. :p
Thank You also for Your most kind compliments matey.

Thank You, dear D Akey! I've got pipes in my home region too, so I'm certainly a little confused, even if we use Di or De instead of Mac or Mc or O' before the patronimic in either Latin or Italian form. Probably I was unconsciously thinking our ultra-octagenuarian friend was a Mc having a Mac (pad) too ... :p

Your comment and link were very interesting, dear Slap Happy Larry!
Thank you also for Your kind appreciation.
Actually the photographic poses (as well as the painting poses in the past centuries) are gendered, but just because genders tended to show since millennia an actual dimorphism in a wider definition (with a statistically meaningful correlation at least). Therefore also the way males and females either stood, walked or sat were (and still are to a greater extent) different. This was probably culturally enhanced, but I think there's also a genetical and anathomical component and attituded too. Today it seems that western countries people are making efforts of any kind to change this situation (coming from our ancestral tribal organisation) and people seem to prefer to look more and more androgin and similar to some standard or even to swap from his gender, even just to feel more appreciatedor have success. Whether this may be a progress, a natural evolution or a silly trend I cannot say, but it's nice to have also gendered canons so as to better communicate through them or make more effective, elegant and funny provocations, like in this case.

Dear Katie, I cannot but provide You with the same indication than Anna. If You see the grinning icon, then consider it as a warning of possibly uncontrolled consequences ...:D

Weeks
04-17-2012, 11:36 PM
Hahaha... :) :) :p

Best,

Weeks

Caesar
04-18-2012, 12:03 AM
Sorry to delude You, dear Weeks, if You was looking for some sort of artpiece. :p Thank you!

Boxy
04-18-2012, 08:18 AM
Ha! Superb comic image. :)

homiedude180
04-18-2012, 08:54 AM
Hahaha, thank you for this!

Belvrog
04-18-2012, 09:41 AM
Hahahahahaha ! Thats really brilliant mate!!! :D:D:D

Caesar
04-18-2012, 07:46 PM
Thank you, dear Sav, Homiedude and Belvrog!
You know, I have to periodically support a certain lack of painting skills and artistic inspiration with funny ideas to keep interest on my posts ... ;):D

scribbledsoul
04-18-2012, 07:48 PM
Ha!!! Thanks for the laugh! I'm going to be chuckling all day! :D

Caesar
04-18-2012, 07:50 PM
Well, glad to know Scribbledsoul, thanks! I wish "laugh makes good blood" for You, as we use to say here in Italy!

Boxy
04-19-2012, 01:34 AM
Thank you, dear Sav, Homiedude and Belvrog!
You know, I have to periodically support a certain lack of painting skills and artistic inspiration with funny ideas to keep interest on my posts ... ;):D

Well as far as I'm concerned it is both skill and humour which make the image great! :)

Caesar
04-19-2012, 02:14 AM
You're too kind, dear Sav. Thank You! Actually I proceeded pretty fast, not following a process and without a finishing and refinement phase ...

silvy
04-21-2012, 01:01 AM
:D:D:D:DIncredibile! Molto simpatico e divertente caro Cesare

mannafig
04-21-2012, 03:38 AM
Hilarious dear Cesare this is utterly brilliant:D:D:D

Caesar
04-21-2012, 08:58 AM
Cara Silvia, per fortuna che noi, a differenza degli scozzesi, abbiamo abbandonato le tuniche qui a Roma. :D Grazie!

Shhh, dear Amanda, don't let Scottish hear You saying this! I wouldn't wish they were crotchety about it ... :p Thank You!

wiggles
04-22-2012, 09:46 PM
I love this picture. I am not sure if I am aloud to ask (and I hope Eighty doesn't mind) but would you consider selling a print?

Caesar
04-22-2012, 10:26 PM
Dear Wiggles, if it's a matter of downloading, saving and printing it You may certainly get it for Your personal use, for free, and with my blessing. (I can hardly see a long queu willing to by this pin-ups:eek: :D). Any reference to 80* is mereley accidental :D, so I think he wouldnkind of 't care.:p Thank You!

justjean
04-23-2012, 03:07 AM
Now that's a masterpiece :D , love your painting and humour , Caesar

Caesar
04-23-2012, 08:22 PM
Thank You, dear Jean! I hope Scottish are witty guys. My experience with them in the past was quite positive and they were really jolly good fellows. Sometimes, because of their pronunciation, after we got accustomed, we had to repeat their words to their own collegues from Bristol ... :D

screenpainter
04-23-2012, 09:28 PM
funny stuff. beautifully drawn as well.

Caesar
04-23-2012, 10:35 PM
Thank You, dear Albert! I used a similar attire in a Carnival, when I was a boy. :D

Lima
04-24-2012, 10:16 AM
Wooowwwoo....:D:D:D this is so funny and cool Caesar.

Alexandra
04-24-2012, 10:45 AM
I just don't know what to say Cesare, but I laugh! You are so talented!

Caesar
04-24-2012, 08:30 PM
Thank you, dear Oriane! A little late for a Carnevale joke .... anyway I nonetheless had some fun too here.

I wish that laughing we'll keep You fit and healty then as we use to say, dear Sandra! Thank You!