PDA

View Full Version : Speggies odds n ends.......updates

speggie
04-16-2012, 03:02 AM
odds n ends painting doodles n stuff .non finished but what the heck posted ..............already posted a few earlier WIP...

eighty+
04-16-2012, 03:16 AM
Great stuff spegg's like em. :D:D:D

jibes
04-16-2012, 03:34 AM
I like your style!

screenpainter
04-16-2012, 05:59 AM
great stuff. wonderful idea to have a thread of your work. please.

Caesar
04-16-2012, 06:56 AM
I like very much all You make, dear Speggie! You've got a very special artistic mind!

D Akey
04-16-2012, 08:07 AM
And the world begins to take form one frame at a time. . .

Go Speg Go. . . er I mean Stay Speg Stay! Er, that sounds wrong and all canine. . .

BRAVO!!!!!!!!!! <-------- excellent!

mannafig
04-16-2012, 07:30 PM
Unique and splendid dear Speggie:):)

coops
04-16-2012, 10:29 PM
Great additions Speggie, I just so enjoy viewing your work:)

Belvrog
04-18-2012, 10:32 AM
Great to have you back mate. Fantastic additions.:cool::)

speggie
04-19-2012, 11:25 AM
Thanks Everyone More time more paintings ....new WIP/Finished ............ a gray day at the coast ...........:) thanks for all your comments much love to you all ....x

D Akey
04-19-2012, 11:31 AM
She's a trip. Having a wonderful time, wish you were here. To bring some sunshine, eh? Great job, Speg.

Caesar
04-19-2012, 07:57 PM
Love this last one too, although I would have appreciated to see her in bathsuit ... :D

coops
04-19-2012, 10:12 PM
Oh this one is so good Speggie:)

speggie
04-25-2012, 05:32 AM
a couple of quickies .

screenpainter
04-25-2012, 05:42 AM
love all your work Dave, but really liked Sale because I had this vision of you painting local digs... what a joy that would be. also think it very clever after painting the more expressionist works, to pop into a masterpiece of impressionist oil like after the storm. what a beauty. you are and always have been extremely multi talented. I hope we haven't lost the rock stars thread.
That would be a terrible oversight if we lost it... off to search it out. :)

coops
04-25-2012, 05:44 AM
Always a pleasure to view your painting, I love the landscape:)

screenpainter
04-25-2012, 05:58 AM
sadly I couldn't find the rock star thread, but I think they are all in your gallery. hope and pray! During the search I found many many paintings I had missed, I am ashamed to say. mostly during 2010 era. must have been during one of my disappearances. :) Many have been preserved also in Ambient Spotlights thanks to the good looking out of our forum owners. kudos to them.

edit: D Akey. I cannot believe we didn't save the Speggie rock stars thread. what a great oversight!

speggie
04-26-2012, 02:54 AM
Albert nice to hear from you hows it going ? ........thanks for the re-posts Haa always good to see older piccies:):) ..thanks again for your gracious comments :D....

D Akey
04-26-2012, 03:56 AM
sadly I couldn't find the rock star thread, but I think they are all in your gallery. hope and pray! During the search I found many many paintings I had missed, I am ashamed to say. mostly during 2010 era. must have been during one of my disappearances. :) Many have been preserved also in Ambient Spotlights thanks to the good looking out of our forum owners. kudos to them.

edit: D Akey. I cannot believe we didn't save the Speggie rock stars thread. what a great oversight!

Yeah. This isn't the first time they. . .um. . freed up space. I hadn't noticed the previous time(s). Years of posts are gone.

This is their site, I suppose they can regard the posts however they please. Problem is that in the early days they actually had lots of professionals posting and they dumped some of the best examples of what the program is capable of. Was free professional endorsement for them.

I read kibitzing somewhere on other sites that Artrage is being (mistakenly in my opinion) regarded less as a professional level program and more for hobby (?). I thought that was a mistake, because as a working tool, the program is clearly right up there.

Been trying to figure out that perception. I think it may be 'crafts' tools like stencils and glitter/gloop that may put it in that category. Still not entirely sure whether the color space not being true to actual art paint mixing had something to do with it not entirely suiting traditional artists making the transition to digital.

In the early days when the program was being developed it still could have gone lots of ways and people were probably watching it's development. Now, it's been around long enough that I think it has taken its place in the market, although it's still growing, I'm sure. The perception is somewhat solidified.

This is a software business' site. Can't loose sight of that being why it exists at all.

Users come and go. Their aspirations do as well, some of them. Can't expect Artrage to keep old stuff on their/our behalf. But for the people who contributed to the forums, it's sad to see evidence of that period gone, without a doubt.

Yeah, Speggie's Rock Star thread was awesome, as was his Monster's thread. Was lots of fun at the time. Hopefully he kept back-ups. Wouldn't mind him re-posting.

Weeks
04-26-2012, 07:22 AM
Hi Speggie, it's been a long... ;)

Good job anyway.

Best,

Weeks

speggie
04-26-2012, 11:43 AM
getting more cheery by the minute haa ......

D Akey
04-26-2012, 12:42 PM
Nice Speggie!

On the other hand I clicked your link below your post and now I'm all choffed and cheered up because you have a gallery with a lot of those earlier paintings. Grand that. :):):):):):):):):):):):)

Caesar
04-26-2012, 07:13 PM
Always a pleasure to visit Your artistic world, dear Speggie! Great additions!

speggie
05-03-2012, 10:46 AM
testing swanky new forum thingamajiggy !!!!!! confused here's hoping .........;)

screenpainter
05-03-2012, 12:00 PM
poppin' in again. lovin' it. new fangled forum thingy eh? it's a bit different yes? :) good to visit again. cheerio.
do people actually still say that. ha. I don't know.
love seeing your work again. take care and hope you continue to navigate the new waters.
sorry I sandwiched myself between your posts hence the moved post. :)

shadowslake
05-03-2012, 12:41 PM
Nice work.

speggie
05-07-2012, 11:30 AM
on a wave of mutilation .the pixies inspired piccie..not finished but ok for now ...........

justjean
05-07-2012, 12:11 PM
Love that landscape along with all the others :):):)

Caesar
05-07-2012, 07:36 PM
You're defining many tasty characters, portraits of masks and sould of people facing the labour of living. Wonderful trip into the mankind and the various forms of loneliness and hopes.

Bumble
05-08-2012, 05:52 AM
Always enjoy browsing your work. Excellent stuff:)

coops
05-08-2012, 09:52 PM
As always Speggie such fun to view your work:)

screenpainter
05-09-2012, 06:21 PM
really super David. love the play on Mondrian.

silvy
05-10-2012, 08:25 AM
Wonderful gallery!! :D

speggie
05-14-2012, 09:44 AM
Love will tear us apart ....................WIP.OR NOT 2P.........:confused:.....

screenpainter
05-23-2012, 07:42 PM
That's just bizarre. Which of course is a high compliment in Bizzaro world. Gee I vaguely remember it from Superman comic. Love the cheap motel painting and the fading blue lady... wife? And that is either embroidery on the bedspread or creatures crawling back to the corners. You are so strange! ;) Love it!