PDA

View Full Version : :blue dawn

gxhpainter2
04-15-2012, 06:20 AM
more color and line entanglements...I would like to have had this a little simpler in its statement but I got a little carried away..;):):)..

Weeks
04-15-2012, 07:43 AM
:)

Best,

Weeks

screenpainter
04-15-2012, 07:43 AM
enjoy seeing your experiments. you make it look so easy.
yet I know that it is not easy to do abstracts. lines must be thought out
and colors and funny how you know when you make a wrong move in something that most folks feel is just happenstance and spontaneity anyway. how could you make a mistake on an abstract right?
I do miss the texture in the cream areas. not sure why. or just a build up of the layers. it reminds me of agate which is very cool. always fascinating images you make. no exception with this piece. great stuff.

gxhpainter2
04-15-2012, 08:54 AM
Weeks...:):) thanks

Albert... easy it is NOT...as you say a single misplaced color, line, texture can ruin a work.. and to make it look clean, simple and straight forward is very challenging.. it is comforting to know that others are aware of that difficulty.:cool::cool::):)

Marilyn Anne
04-15-2012, 10:29 AM
Your work is terrific and I can't do it at all!

Caesar
04-15-2012, 09:50 PM
The airy space and the light getting through and in are a fantastic contrast with mutual enhancement with reference to the blue and textured areas. Excellent!

gxhpainter2
04-17-2012, 10:28 AM
Marilyn Anne and Caesar Thanks... glad there is space and light expanding into the dark blue surrounds...:):):cool::cool: