PDA

View Full Version : Feedback, please :)

Yme
04-15-2012, 04:51 AM
Hi! My first post on the forume *prowd* hehehe

I made this in ArtRage (with an intous 4) today. It's my first digital painting, and I would like some feedback from you guys (I know the shoulder is too long ;) )

I used about 2 hours on this, so it's relativly hasty work, but I'm pretty satisfied with it.

D Akey
04-15-2012, 10:12 AM
Feels very sculpted and terracotta. How would you do a sculpture? That is how you should manage the surface?

If you're into smooth skin and perfection, then you need to smooth it out. If you want it chunkier, then really go in and work the planes more in a little more exaggerated way. If you like it as is, you're on target. Artistic choice.

Good effort! Hope to see more. :)

Lima
04-15-2012, 12:00 PM
Just my 2 cents. Try a greenish gray background to se if it enhances the figure and also work with hue value (lights and darks) to build volume. A great start Yme.

limey-g
04-15-2012, 03:17 PM
A strong face,well defined and a good effort.
As to where to take it from here, I think that is a personal choice, for myself I would prefer a little smoothing of the skin.
Look forward to seeing more and welcome to the forum.
Geoff

Caesar
04-15-2012, 09:52 PM
Good start. I'm sure You'll soon master ArtRage perfectly. Welcome.

coops
04-16-2012, 02:24 AM
Welcome to Artrage and thats a great start. Maybe a few highlights but its really a great painting, well done:)

jibes
04-16-2012, 03:46 AM
Welcome Yme. I like your 1st painting here! Yes, I agree with others on there crits. Especially Lima about the Green and Gray BG. It can be very dark and abstract.

eighty+
04-16-2012, 04:02 AM
Yeah I like it. Can't tell much about colour as still trying to work it out myself ::eek::eek: I do like the little gost on his forehead :D

screenpainter
04-16-2012, 05:54 AM
you should be proud. it's beautiful. and the shoulder is not too long at all. in fact it could be even a bit longer compared to the head.

you have achieved really awesome values in this piece and I agree with D Akey it has a wonderful sculpted look and it appears to be almost three dimensional. that is an amazing accomplishment in and of itself... largely from the great value study you did. I love the impasto look of this figure painting. I just think it is exceptional work. I can only imagine your future progress if this is an early offering. wow.

mannafig
04-16-2012, 07:31 PM
Beautiful:):)