PDA

View Full Version : Seascapes

Lima
04-14-2012, 06:50 AM
Icarai and Boa Viagem Beach... were I live.:):):)

Selby
04-14-2012, 06:58 AM
both beautiful and make me long for the sea! I can nearly hear its swooshing and shushing as I look at these.

barnburner
04-14-2012, 07:32 AM
So beautifully done Oriane. Your use of colors is a joy to see. :):):):)

limey-g
04-14-2012, 07:39 AM
I like them both, lovely brushwork and strong colours.
Geoff

Marilyn Anne
04-14-2012, 09:24 AM
Wonderful sea scrapes !

gxhpainter2
04-14-2012, 09:48 AM
bold and rough.. color bright and jewel like...excellent painting !

chinapete
04-14-2012, 01:26 PM
Hi Lima, many years ago I lived for a while in Fuenterrabía (país Vasco), and walked the beaches and the light as I remember it looked just as you have painted it on the sea and on the rocks in Icarai ...

lori99320
04-14-2012, 02:28 PM
These are both so beautiful...bold and strong. Fabulous!

D Akey
04-14-2012, 03:20 PM
This website software is like my former mother-in-law. . . she would throw away important stuff when I had my back turned. I divorced her daughter and the lovely lady herself died sometime back, yet I'm still not far enough away from her apparently. I think she may be the ghost in the machine that lives here at ArtRage. She continues shredding things before I even get to post it. I have learned to copy my posts to the copy buffer before pressing [Post], but I did not do that this time. . . and she snuck up and snatched it away into the void. . . but I digress. . .

Right. Dr Lima. . . to recover what I was getting at, I was saying looking at your work is like being on tour with one of the grand Impressionist painters. It would be very hard to not grab for my paints whenever I come into contact with you. Your good health sir!

Both pictures are wonderful in different ways. I like the colorful one that sparkles with sunlight and colors where the strokes and adjacent colors are very dynamic -- a dazzle for the senses.

I also very much like the elegance more monochromatic one with the Spire rising out of the water for the way it captures that moist coastal atmosphere. You have a lot of marks at play, but they seem to fit closer together in value and temperature. . . not unlike what I experience from that kind of weather. Love the saturated accents. Makes it feel aglow.

Very fine work!! Bravo! I can tell by your work that you are indeed painting again. . . and again and more and joyfully.

If your environment is half as beautiful as you paint it, you are in a painter's haven.

Caesar
04-14-2012, 06:41 PM
Thank You for sharing this couple of new marvels, dear Oriane. Your re-interpretation of impressionism with built-in feelings and Your chromatic wealth are stunning as ever!

coops
04-15-2012, 02:43 AM
How wonderful to see you painting again dear Oriane and these are two beautiful paintings. The first is so vibrant and full of feeling and the second so full of the power of the sea. Well done dear Friend:)

Belvrog
04-15-2012, 02:56 AM
Fantastic paintings Lima. Wonderful palettes. Love the mood and ambiance of the second one.

silvy
04-15-2012, 03:08 AM
:):)Great seascapes Oriane!
Love your style!

Lima
04-15-2012, 11:51 AM
Thank you all really very much. Appreciate every comment. Thank you:):):)

Akey your initial digression is just terrific.:D:D:D

AT-TA
04-15-2012, 06:04 PM
Yes, Oriane, your pictures are breathing, singing, moving... simply living.I, as others, do love them so much. :)

screenpainter
04-15-2012, 08:19 PM
wonderful Oriane. and also was admiring your natural media work as well today. truly an amazing artist.

http://youtu.be/it0TqVFmjqo

just fantastic!

eighty+
04-15-2012, 08:27 PM
Sir Doc Lima Strike's. Again WOW

mannafig
04-16-2012, 07:37 PM
Fabulous dear Lima:):)