PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of Home

jacktar51
04-13-2012, 11:48 AM
Heres a mariner far away from his own land,the sand is similar, but its not from his homeland.....Hope you like the picture...Jack.

D Akey
04-13-2012, 12:26 PM
Great head and expression. It really communicates the mood you're after. Well done, Jack.

shadowslake
04-13-2012, 01:29 PM
If I were to try to tell a story around what this picture portrays to me it would be something like this.

He is not thinking of home as a place but a lost loved one and is thinking about what to do with the person/s to blame for his loss. He took a min to think on his loss before pouring out his rage. I am kinda strange I know but it is how it makes me feel. He feels his loss yet knows he will never hold the one he loves again and thus never return home.

limey-g
04-14-2012, 12:44 AM
Really nice Jack, great atmosphere with that subdued lighting that you are so good at.
Geoff

coops
04-14-2012, 01:20 AM
You can really see in his face the longing for SOMETHING, well done Jack once again:)

jacktar51
04-14-2012, 05:21 AM
Ok then if we're doing captions,lol...How about"" I dont think the potato's are going to do very well in this stuff!""....Jack.

shadowslake
04-14-2012, 05:32 AM
Ok then if we're doing captions,lol...How about"" I dont think the potato's are going to do very well in this stuff!""....Jack.

How about "Water?"

Marilyn Anne
04-14-2012, 09:30 AM
Deep in thought!

D Akey
04-14-2012, 03:44 PM
The interpretation bit is very interesting. On the guitar you can have the exact same notes for both the major and the minor version of a scale. The difference is in context of what you're playing to. Seems this is what's happening here as well with the interpretations changing the feel, because I can see all of them being right for this expression.

I think he is in the Pirates of the Caribbean playing Hamlet reciting "Alas, Jack Sparrow. . . I knew him Keith Richards. . . t'was ne'er as big as the Rolling Stones upon the sandy shore. . ."