PDA

View Full Version : Girl Waving or a Hello Something or Other

Alexandra
04-11-2012, 05:32 AM
Very loud...I know. But fun to draw.;):D

limey-g
04-11-2012, 05:56 AM
They are both so cute, got to love them.
Geoff

gxhpainter2
04-11-2012, 07:33 AM
Sandy you must be feeling better..!... this are great. I love the airbrushed face with the hard graphic lines and edges... a unique style.. these are great!...:cool::cool::):):)

pat1940
04-11-2012, 08:30 AM
Sandy, just taking a bit of time after packing to leave, wanted to comment on these adorable paintings, such a great job:):):):)

D Akey
04-11-2012, 11:11 AM
Adorable! Love the cosmetic details. She looks a little unsure.

The story I get from this is that she had some gal pals who really got off on doing themselves up with makeup and all that beautician stuff, only with great gusto and very little restraint. And here she spots one of her chums only she has switched to a much more subtle look. . . not only did she leave the cosmetics anonymous club, but she is arm in arm with a very preppy looking lad. . . who's a hunk. . . and rich. . .

Getting a little Bridget Jones vibe from this one. Different story. Different kind of heroine.

Really cute look here, Alexandra.

barnburner
04-11-2012, 12:25 PM
LOL... That is really great. Well done Sandy. :):):)

jacktar51
04-11-2012, 06:26 PM
Alexandra,Hello, This is a really nice picture,well painted ,colourful ,and pleasant to look at,I favour the second picture because the darker background makes a good contrast to your figure,and its not simply plain colour,very good work Alexandra.....Jack.

Caesar
04-11-2012, 09:57 PM
This is another one of Your marvellous characters, dear Sandra.
She somehow reminds me also of Betty Boop, rather than one of todays japanese comics style girl (I hardly like in most cases).

Weeks
04-11-2012, 10:45 PM
Hihihi... :p Alexandra very funny ...

Best,

Weeks

shadowslake
04-12-2012, 01:50 AM
Love them both. Nicely done.

Alexandra
04-12-2012, 03:37 AM
Geoff, thank you. I've been working more on this character, and hope to upload the improvements. Thanks for looking and also for your help in my last upload.:)

Hi dear Gary, I am a little better...a slow go and unfortunately I have to give in a go to a doc Monday.:rolleyes::( Thank you very much for your kind comment, I've enjoyed making these. I am so fascinated by this type of art, and I am trying so hard to find a style that is both fun and my touch exclusively...that is the hard part.:rolleyes:

Thank you dearest Pat, I appreciate your kind words and reply before you go. As always I look forward to your return dear friend.

I love your take on this graphic D Akey! Thank you for your compliment and always so witty comment dear friend!

Thank you my dear friend Mike!

Hi Jack, I agree, and darn it-when I went back I didn't know I have saved over it! I will find a way to get it back though. I can't get the exact tone and color. I am thinking of using these in a series of cards and maybe electronic skins in zazzle. Thanks for the kind words of encouragement!

Hello Cesare, sure missed your presence here! Thank you. You know...I don't know what this style is called. I cannot draw the manga or anime, but this style seems to have evolved from that style for sure. There are a few artists, one Jasmine Beckett Griffith http://jasminetoad.deviantart.com/ whom I find so interesting. The detail work is so exhausting though! Still I find myself wanting to improve and work on this style.

Hi Weeks, thanks so much! So pleased you enjoyed it!

Thanks Shadowlake, very much appreciated!

Tanzenkran
04-12-2012, 05:15 AM
I like these portraits. It must be those big beautiful eyes that does it for me.

screenpainter
04-12-2012, 09:09 AM
It reminds me of Dolly Parton.
with a touch of Tim Burton.
great character.
good one Sandy.

mannafig
04-12-2012, 09:56 AM
Superb dear Sandy:):)
I also agree with Screenpainter:D:D

coops
04-12-2012, 10:21 PM
She is so cute and as always so well painted Sandy:)

Alexandra
04-13-2012, 01:19 AM
Tanzenkran, Thank you very much! I am trying so hard to find an eye style of my own...getting closer.

Albert, Haha, you're right! Tim Dolly girls. Burpar girls... Burping Dolly girls...Tim bomping Dolly...no that won't do. Thanks dear mate!

Thank you always dear Amanda!

Thank you dear Katie, so pleased you liked her!

Belvrog
04-15-2012, 04:48 AM
Very funny and adorable girl. I like the last one most. Great one Sandy !!