PDA

View Full Version : White cup ...

chinapete
04-06-2012, 05:56 AM
... continuing adventures in chalk washes ...

gxhpainter2
04-06-2012, 06:04 AM
chinapete... very interesting I like the subltle gleams of light and the white and olive and blacks... of the simple form... just one suggestion you have placed it pretty much in the middle of the work... that is a very static ( uninteresting to the human eye) position. even with the diagonal of the olive green , try shifting it to a low position or high position or closer to one side or the other.. it will give very different vibrations... one way is to make a small mat with the center cut out like you your going to mat a watercolor and hold it infront of your face and move it around and see the various "compostions"... anyway.. just my thoughts..:):);)

eighty+
04-06-2012, 06:35 AM
corr Pete everybody can regconize That its Alan Ladd's Stetson

YEAH :D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

chinapete
04-06-2012, 07:06 AM
haha, eighty+, thanks for throwing his hat into the ring ... Gary, no excuse for such an amateurish mistake, the whole thing was making me dizzy anyway ...

D Akey
04-06-2012, 09:38 AM
Nice working at the image. I love the lost and found edges. Seems to make it glow. Great color and value too.

chinapete
04-06-2012, 09:48 AM
Hi D Akey, and thanks ... The idea I began with was, the cup was to be placed nearly at mid-center and out of focus, just because it wasn't the center of interest, but was in motion, like the swirling background, and this should have been reinforced by the lost and found edges, as you so nicely expressed it ...

But maybe this piece ended up being a little too "edgy"?
:)

silvy
04-07-2012, 07:58 AM
I like it very much:) love lights, colors and edges.

screenpainter
04-07-2012, 06:32 PM
perhaps a new way of seeing the energy that comes off of objects. I like the lost edges as well.

mannafig
04-08-2012, 12:39 AM
Very nice:):)

Caesar
04-11-2012, 08:03 PM
You're a master with chalks, certainly one of the most interesting tools although requiring some exploration and practice, apart from mastery, to be used proficiently.