PDA

View Full Version : The sound behind you...

Fashmir
04-28-2006, 12:39 PM
... or campfire story #462.

hype
04-28-2006, 12:45 PM
wow, this is right up my alley!

in studying it, i realized that even if the creature wasn't there, the trees would still be an awesome painting!

*applause*

DMerchen
04-28-2006, 02:37 PM
:shock: This is a nice painting Fashmir. I love your control of the colors and strokes. sigh....

AndyRage
04-28-2006, 03:34 PM
Oooh, niiice. The lighting from beneath really sets off the evilness of him!
Very very cool creature. Did you have anything as a reference for this, or did it just crawl naked and salivating straight from your brain?

DaveRage
04-28-2006, 03:48 PM
"The hideous creature crept towards the campsite, bloodlust shining in its many-faceted eyes, malice ( and drool probably ) dripping from its fangs, and.... OH NO! There it IS!" *everyone screams*

Ahh campfire stories :) Nice creature design! The lighting on its body really does seem to hint at a nearing campfire well.

ENCHANTER
04-28-2006, 05:39 PM
OH WOW!!!!!!!

can i borrow him for the picture im doing at the moment.'IT ' fits right in... :wink:

you really are versatile ...i love this..........

the moon..rim light....and the fire coming from up front..and its multifceted eyes....

brilliant

Tiznaught
04-28-2006, 06:30 PM
lovely :D
I like how you manipulate both form and lighting.

Aged P
04-28-2006, 07:12 PM
Beautifully painted, you do light and shine wonderfully.
Who ever that thing is after doesn't know it's coming!

There must be some primeval reason for scaring people to death when they are miles from anywhere and only protected by a tent!

Our camp leader sometimes enlisted the help of a camper to scream from the darkness outside the fireglow at the crucial point of the story!

I might try and paint that.
It would exorcise the memory a little.

tony
04-28-2006, 07:58 PM
:) Wow, would not like to confront that at night or during the day. nice work.Regards,Tony

Blanusia
04-28-2006, 08:18 PM
Great work, Fashmir! But I`m scared to hug this creature :) Instead of this - hugs to you for such a amazing art :)

Weeks
04-28-2006, 10:21 PM
Fashmir,

Don't do that..! You scared me :(

It's so real... Boouuhhhh.... !

(Nice job) :wink:
Weeks

Fashmir
04-29-2006, 04:51 AM
BOO! :twisted: Thanks for all the responses guys. I was just having a little fun yesterday.

David M
04-29-2006, 05:58 AM
Geeze, Fashmir! This is amazing. I love your style; so creative, and so much depth.

And sooooo much twisted imagination! (I like that in a guy.)

Kudos to my "neighbor down the road".

Harmony
04-29-2006, 06:45 AM
Amazing talent Fashmir. He looks so creepy and hungry. The way you have his jaw he looks ready for a bite. The highlighting in him and the night is awesome.

Harmony

waheednasir
05-02-2006, 05:48 AM
wonderfully done...:). really like it fashmir.

cym
05-02-2006, 08:05 AM
I remember seeing this in the night shadows when a bunch of us kids would go up the street "past the point of no return" and scare each other silly. Great stuff Fashmir, yer twisted, but in a good way. :wink:

maror
05-02-2006, 08:09 AM
wonderful... great illumination
have you used layer or the instant dry function?

greez "blackbackgroundlover" maror

Fashmir
05-03-2006, 06:42 PM
Thanks again for the responses from you all. I did use layers and or insta-dry here and there. I usuallylike to have my background on a layer behind the main subject so I can continue to play with it after I have done some foreground work. I am definately not a purist about using one layer only. :wink:

bleepnik
05-05-2006, 09:09 PM
Looks like Gollum got his precioussss in the end of your version of the story, Fashmir. =] Amazing atmosphere and detail in this one. The versatility of your artistry boggles the mind. Obviously the application of one's study of light and shadow can make or break and image; aside from simply being more visually aware of our surroundings or actually looking at something other than a computer monitor, have you any good references on hand for hobbyists? (I specify "hobbyists" in the hope that the response will be the "for dummies" version.) Thanks!

- Gita

Marvolo
06-03-2006, 05:41 AM
He needs to eat more you can see his wee little back bones ;) Great job really pretty lol

~Marvolo~