PDA

View Full Version : Submersible S. Hanks' girl ...

Caesar
03-28-2012, 01:37 AM
I think I found a reasonable compromise to show You this other Steve Hanks's copy otherwise miserely confined in Lima's amazing thread in the After 9.
I know most of You already saw it there, but maybe someone else may like to have a look to what can be got easily enough with AR watercolors.
I stopped her diving before I had to provide her with a breathing mouthpiece to fill her quite capacious lungs ...:D

limey-g
03-28-2012, 02:07 AM
Well Caesar that certainly works to hide her modesty, nicely done.
Geoff

coops
03-28-2012, 02:59 AM
Thats beautiful Cesare and what you did with the height of the water really works well although After9 painting is soooooooooo beautiful too. Well done:)

barnburner
03-28-2012, 03:04 AM
Fine job of enabling it to be moved out of the after 9 section. Thankfully, I can look at this one, and still retain the other image in my mind. :D :):)

jibes
03-28-2012, 08:19 AM
Great job Caesar!!!!

Caesar
03-28-2012, 08:20 AM
Thank You, dear Geoff, Katie and BB! It's a pity we loose some of the spherical geometry here, but this is the policy ...:D

Belvrog
03-28-2012, 08:47 AM
Wow, fantastic rendition. Very well done mate.

SCP
03-28-2012, 10:38 AM
Wow amazing water line Dear Caesar:p,great work on the lady and the water.Bravo!;):):):):)

AT-TA
03-28-2012, 10:51 AM
AS you say Caesar about my pictures, i have to say the same : your pictures breathe, sigh, laugh and sing, in whatever the show is about...awesome work..:)

Shibui
03-28-2012, 11:24 AM
Wonderful. I love the water ,her wet hair with the sun shining on it.i do think her arm under water looks a little chunky or unfinished. If in after 9, I missed it.

Caesar
03-29-2012, 12:53 AM
Thank You, dear Belvrog! I'm not fully satisfied with what I get with WC in artrage, since I cannot get grain except to the border by using quit low loading (or in the centre if I draw a little more loade, thus longer, stroke in an area but with little control on where I lay the grain). Only wet knife can remedy to this in part. Canvas roughness doesn't seem to affect WC as I would like.

Dear SCP, the water line came up by just duplicating the layer and moving one up a little and then erasing the figure therein. I left the bottom to suggest how I proceeded to quickly get the censorized version in here. Thank You!

Dear Anna, actually the sigh You heard is mine, for not having that age anymore and lightheartedly appreciate such a lucky meeting opportunity ... :D
Thank You very much also for Your most kind words.

Thank You, dear Shibui! You're right. I saw it was her hand only afterward and I couldn't adjust well enough (any additional layer was progressively merged with the one below after each mixing by blending here and there).
The original one is in the After 9, Lima's thread on Realism in Watercolor.

Alexandra
03-29-2012, 03:20 AM
How beautiful Cesare....you have a wonderful way of expression with your paintings which always compliment the subject further no matter what or whom. Bravo dear friend!

mannafig
03-29-2012, 03:28 AM
Super work a great outcome and alternate finish:):)

Caesar
03-29-2012, 10:17 PM
Thank you, dear Sandra, for Your most positive and encouraging words!

I'm still not fully satisfied of ArtRage WC appearance without making recourse to other tools to simulate a little better, dar Amanda, especially grain and not transparent pigments. Thank You!

Belvrog
03-29-2012, 10:47 PM
Hey Caesar. Yes as far as i know, the border is the only part of the wc-stroke that directly interferes with the canvas and that effect can be adjusted quite nicely by tweaking the parameters. The inside is much more a soft colorblend, but does not consist any grain at all. As long as you let the canvas texture turned on, it might show through, but its not kept in the stroke itself.
Depending on how much you work with layers, I think it might be a feasible way to duplicate a layer with some strokes on it, change its mode to dissolve and adjust the transparency to get more or less grain inside these strokes. But its much more regular grain you get that way, and it does not relate to the canvas texture itself at all. So it might not be what you are looking for.

Just a thought.

pat1940
03-30-2012, 05:41 AM
Such beauty dear Caesar, both are very respectable to show anywhere, I think so anyway:):):):):):)

Caesar
03-30-2012, 10:05 PM
Thank You, dear Belvrog! Actually there are two ways to get grain (apparently erasing is not a solution since it hardly show the sheet texture/ grain, even at very low pressure).
The first one is to use dry paper and WC at quite low loadings, but even circling inside a stroke You get a diluted, grainless centre.
The second one is to use low presure chalk too.
Obviously You may use different layers to enhance the effects, but as You say, the dissolve function gives a too much regular and artificial "noise".

That's my opinion too, dear Pat. Thank You!