PDA

View Full Version : Please critique these portraits!

Agamato
03-27-2012, 12:11 PM
Hello! This is my first time posting on the Forums. For the most part, I'm a traditional artist, and most digital programs, though robust, never truly gave me the same feeling as actual painting. ArtRage changes all of that. Though not perfect (#letmehavemyphotoshopbrushes), it's simple, intuitive, and really gives the feeling of painting on canvas. These are a couple of portraits I've done recently, and I would love some feedback on these. Don't be gentle, I can take it if need be. Thanks in advance!

Caesar
03-27-2012, 09:14 PM
Hard to find anything deserving criticism, though constructive. They're so fresh, spontaneous and masterfully executed that I'm sure find a quite broad appreciation both by the subjects and by the observers.
Congratulations and welcome!

Mike Severoff
04-01-2012, 12:21 PM
I personally did not find anything wrong. beautifully and intelligently.
If I understand your question :)

screenpainter
04-25-2012, 09:19 AM
awesome. a very illustrative style. excellent stuff. I hope you will share more of your work because you're really talented. I especially love the first two. those are great portraits and love the style. I especially like the first one where there is that intense gaze and viewpoint. all are excellent. more please.

Jiggy Gaton
04-25-2012, 04:45 PM
First time poster here as well, although I have just installed this app and I am transitioning from Corel Painter... really nice work, that's all I can say...

Achilles
04-25-2012, 07:16 PM
wow!!!i like it very much,those brush trace and those colors are so amazing!:D

hypotaxis
05-11-2012, 09:33 AM
Though not perfect (#letmehavemyphotoshopbrushes), it's simple, intuitive, and really gives the feeling of painting on canvas.
You can have your photoshop brushes, but they have to be the old style brushes not the CS5 ones:

Importing Photoshop Brushes into ArtRage Studio Pro - YouTube (http://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=import%20photoshop%20brushed%20into%20artrage&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CFYQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DizX HicUy5F8&ei=1yWsT5HeCsr4mAXotMDhBA&usg=AFQjCNHHQo5CA_6j-eXrWGtpG4Q8X1IsYA)

The portraits are great. I very much like their simplicity and yet still have a quite strong mood to them.

Brett