PDA

View Full Version : My first three paintings!

Bejay
01-21-2007, 06:08 AM
Hi all,

Here are my first three finished paintings, all produced using AR. i wasn't sure whether to post here or in the critique section, but all comments good or bad welcome.

Bejay

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/6871/bluebellwoods9vq.jpg
http://img461.imageshack.us/img461/8875/wintersday4jg.jpg
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/6299/angelinajolie2ds.jpg

Aged P
01-21-2007, 06:17 AM
Nice BJ,

It never does any harm to lay down 3 aces to start with! :) :)

Well deserved accolades will flood in for these.

My favourite bit? Being able to paint snow going up hill!
Sheer genius. The landscapes would walk off the counter at an Art sale.

Phil

jacktar51
01-21-2007, 06:36 AM
Bejay...Welcome to the forum...........This Portrait is really the best I have seen on the forum since I started,you are already a very proficient Artist...Thanks for putting these paintings on....Like Aged P says in an art gallery sale, that portrait of yours would have already been sold ten times over.......Please post more.....Jack.

Bejay
01-21-2007, 07:13 AM
Thanks so much Phil and Jack for your comments.

I am very new to digital painting but i have become hooked very quickly. I seem to be spending many hours in front of my pc! Still better than watching the rubbish we get on tv!

I have painted on and off mostly in watercolour for the past 15 years with some reasonable success, but it got to a stage where i just couldn't be bothered anymore with all the preparation followed by all the mess!

Digital painting is so immediate, you just switch on my pc and your away! and of course no mess to clean up afterwards! My only reservations is what to do with my finished work? I would like to produce prints and greeting cards from them but it seems such a difficult task trying to get the quality needed at an affordable price.

If any forum members can give me advice in this area it would be of great help.

Bejay

Peter Pinckney
01-21-2007, 08:11 AM
Welcome Bejay,

can I add my agreement with Jack and Phil................this is truly art.

Best to you

Peter

danbo
01-21-2007, 08:43 AM
all is sensual, i like the portrait, like everyone, but i notice on your first the curve which the leaves follow. It's clever, because it gives an other depth to your picture.
For the protraait, you succed essentialy on the lips and the eyes which are well drawn and colours.
Welcome and good trip

AndyRage
01-21-2007, 09:19 AM
Bejay, welcome to the forum! And those pictures are three fantastic introductions to yourself!

They're all superb. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Bejay
01-21-2007, 09:27 AM
Thanks Peter and dando for your comments,

The portrait of Angelina Jolie, Dando was a very stressful piece of art for me to finish. I worked on it for about 40 hours, it's not what i normally do, the blending was the biggest challenge, especially as we only have the pallet knife to use!

I made the decision to do this portrait as i thought it would be a good way for me to learn how to use AR, and i was right but I'm not sure ill be rushing to do anymore for a while.

Bejay

Bejay
01-21-2007, 09:35 AM
Thanks Andy,

I am so pleased that i have found this forum and of course the AR 2 software,
they are both brill!

Bejay

Mouse
01-21-2007, 10:33 AM
Bejay,

Your portriat is good, I recognized her right away. I am however more enamored with the first landscape. I love loose brush strokes.

Bejay
01-21-2007, 01:20 PM
Hi Mouse,

Thanks for your comments.

I also love a loose style in painting, as i mentioned to dando portrait work is not what i normally do, they take too long! All my past watercolour paintings were all very loose, almost abstract at times. I am hoping to achieve a style similar to this using AR, but it's not easy!

Bejay

Domino
01-21-2007, 01:22 PM
That snow picture is Post Card perfect. I really liked the last portrait, and at first I didn't recognize it as Angelina Jolie, but at second glance, I could tell. A lot of talent on these forums.

alanti
01-21-2007, 02:08 PM
Wow, fabulous paintings Bejay. Welcome to the forum :)

Can't wait to see more of your work

alanti

Selby
01-21-2007, 04:30 PM
neat stuff BJ-love the lilac flowers under the trees and the snow picture is just a perfect chrissie scene.The like ness to jolie is really great..and so very hard to do as i know from trying my hand at portraits before but you made it look effortless

Selby

Thirsty Eye
01-21-2007, 10:05 PM
Bejay,

Fantastic and amazing. Professional, I must say. I admire your work so much. Perferct control of light and shadows.

best wishes

Levent Suberk
01-21-2007, 10:11 PM
Very good paintings, dear Bejay.

Aged P
01-21-2007, 10:28 PM
Hi Bejay,

Switch the Brush down to 0% paint and then try it for blending.

It's not perfect, so join the nagging process to get more blending tools. :lol:

Phil

drakeblake
01-21-2007, 10:29 PM
Wow!
All the 3 paints are really good, i liked specially how you did the Angelina's lips, they are very particular, and definately not so easy to draw...

Congrats :wink:

DB

Bejay
01-22-2007, 12:27 AM
Thanks guys for your comments.

I am so happy to have found this forum. You have all made me feel so welcome and given me the confidence to keep painting.I have to say i find it very hard at times to appreciate my own work, so it is good to have comments from fellow artists.

Bejay

D Akey
01-22-2007, 12:31 AM
Awesome!

Everyone already said it all.

And welcome!

:D :D :D

Bejay
01-22-2007, 12:48 AM
Thanks for that tip Phil, I'll try that shortly. I do agree my one main frustration with AR is lack of blending tools.

The lips on the AJ portrait we're a nightmare DB i had to redo them many times and I'm sort of happy with the finished results. I think ill try a few looser portraits from now on!

Thanks LS for your comments.

Bejay

PS. Can anyone tell me why when i try to use the emoticons they all end up at the bottom of the page and not where i put them? :cry: :cry:

ENCHANTER
01-22-2007, 06:31 AM
excellent paintings!!

the potrait is amazing, :D

byroncallas
07-18-2020, 06:54 PM
I remember this.