PDA

View Full Version : Blues

Lima
03-16-2012, 09:52 AM
A blue house nearby a blue lagoon. Hope you like.

Marilyn Anne
03-16-2012, 10:19 AM
The colors are beautiful. Love the brushstrokes.

Caesar
03-16-2012, 10:46 AM
A couple of magical artpieces only You could accomplish with such a marvellous style, dear Oriane! Two little masterpieces!

pat1940
03-16-2012, 11:04 AM
What beauiful works Oriane, so glad to see your paintings always:):):):):):):):)

J Witt
03-16-2012, 11:43 AM
Very cool love the impressionist style.

eighty+
03-16-2012, 12:16 PM
Mon da Dieu Lima Quelle Colour :eek::D:D:D Thanks for The book

........Harold Speed :D:D:D

Shibui
03-16-2012, 12:19 PM
Can we come there?????

jibes
03-16-2012, 12:20 PM
I really like both of them very much Oriane. Beautifully done!

D Akey
03-16-2012, 06:19 PM
Dr Lima, you're back to form!!!! What a celebration of color.

I suspect that conversation in General Chat about color has really given you a good push to do something special with color. To quote a popular saying, 'A picture is worth 1000 words'. If you were going to talk about such an endless discussion as color theory, why not show it, as you have here, as a watering hole and let the ideas flow from it.

This really is quite excellent. I am rather astonished at how you manage such intensity in the color reflection in the water. It is pushing it nearly to the tipping point. So this was a tight rope walk that really dazzles because you pulled it off (succeeded brilliantly).

I think color can make a painting come to life in dimensions that include the mind and emotions and can draw us in or push us away. I am definitely being drawn in. This conjures associations with Thoreau's pond, or even Buddha's banyan tree. It implies enlightenment at the waters beside the Muse's house. Fill your canteens folks.

Bravo!

Weeks
03-16-2012, 10:47 PM
Whoua, Lima, the colors... :eek: Great palette.

Best,

Weeks

Alexandra
03-17-2012, 12:20 AM
Oh how beautiful, wonderful works dear Oriane!

coops
03-17-2012, 02:43 AM
Such a delight to see you painting again dear Oriane and with such yummy rich paint too. Your colours are always so bold and bright, they make one feel so happy. Take care:)

Strandy
03-17-2012, 07:27 AM
You don't need color theory if you can see color practice presented at such artistic level.
This is just symphony of colors IMO. Harmony and rhythm in these both paintings are not less pronounced than in the music masterpieces.

gxhpainter2
03-17-2012, 07:39 AM
Lima.. you have made the "blues" sing with joy ... a triumphant couple of paintings... :cool:

Lima
03-17-2012, 12:19 PM
I'm delighted with all your comments. I really appreciate. Thank you all:rolleyes::).

About color:

Non existent color 1977

"One afternoon in February, at dusk, at that time where the colors become incomparably brilliant by acting contrasts between lights (that soften) and shadows (that intensify), my attention was drawn by the beauty of the relationship between the various ranges of yellow in a cuted ravine to make way for a street in the suburb of Rio de Janeiro, the grass and shrubs were burnt by the sun.

Enraptured by the effect of the harmony of tones ranging from pure yellow color to burnt siena, I remained some time contemplating this landscape. Suddenly a woman came and held three white sheets on the clothesline, just under my visual field, about 50 meters away.

At one point, those sheets and some white papers that were on the ground seemed bathed in an intense violet, without there being any evidence of that color that could influence them, or near, or in the atmosphere, because the sky was clear blue.

I had at that moment the immediate intuition that it was a physical phenomenon and not an optical illusion, and what if we could reproduce in a canvas the same chromatic relationships, than it would appear on the canvas a non existent color, a color that was not painted, i.e. chemically unsupported (without supporting material)?, "described the teacher and color theorist Israel Pedrosa.

I might comeback to discuss further about this.:)

Thank you all

SCP
03-17-2012, 03:03 PM
Wonderful art work,very powerful in colour and brushstrokes so good to see your work!;):):):):):):)

Belvrog
03-18-2012, 07:18 AM
Hey. These are so great, especially the second ones style and colors are fantastic. Very well done Oriane!

HarlequiNQB
03-18-2012, 05:37 PM
Both are wonderful pieces, but the lagoon is a real tour de force. Stunning work.

screenpainter
03-18-2012, 08:32 PM
so beautiful Orianne. masterful handling of brush and color.

silvy
03-21-2012, 03:02 AM
Two masterpieces:):):):):)
Love both, but the second is really enchanting.
I'm glad to see your art again

Lima
03-21-2012, 03:13 AM
SC, Belv, Harlequin, SP and Silvy, thank you all very much.:)