PDA

View Full Version : Nick-Nature-1 arpack - EDIt Nick-Nature-2 added

Nickillus
03-14-2012, 06:19 AM
Just had a first stab at making an art package. It's a grassy, leafy, grot based effort and the brush presets are set largish, so you may or may not want to scale them down if that doesn't suit your needs and resave as a new preset.
I will get better at this I promise . . . .

If you really want a good grassy brush go with Someonesane's excellent offering though.

They are Stickers by the way.

You can download from this link at Dropbox (also recommended by Someonesane - what a great chap Gaeton is).

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/66897881/Nick-Nature-1-2nd%20Edition.arpack

(The above link is to a repackaged version that should hopefully load easier - March 14th 2012)

EDIT- Hopefully this second one is a bit more complete, thanks to Gaeton's (as ever) excellent advice. Some tangled hair, scratty grass, weeds and a few drawn pebbles.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/66897881/Nick-Nature-2-2nd%20edition.arpack

Someonesane
03-14-2012, 11:20 AM
You're making me blush Nick :o, lol... Nice work on the stickers. I see you're experimenting with the texture/metallic/gloss layers. I like the Leafy sets a lot. I had to use my grass presets, and insert your stickers to them, however, because your package file only contained the sticker sets. Unless I missed something?

Nickillus
03-14-2012, 12:22 PM
Hi Gaeton,

Thanks for the kind words but as you can see I'm fudging my way forward rather than taking any sort of control of it yet.

These were stickers I created today in a squared grid of either 9 or 36 sections. Then I tweaked the spray variation until I got something vaguely usable (but not great unfortunately) and saved each as a named preset.

All I did was copy the preset stickers I made into a group folder, using the create arpack option. Should I have copied the brush heads somewhere into the arpack also?

I kind of assumed (always a dangerous thing to do) that they would have to be included automatically for the presets to work at all and that I wouldn't have to do that separately.

Obviously I missed something in the process if not that, so if you can point me at it please I'd be very grateful.

Someonesane
03-14-2012, 01:27 PM
You're doing a fine job. Learning anything new takes practice, after all.

As for your presets, you were sort of right. You just have it in reverse. Not every Sticker Sheet will have a Sticker Spray preset made for them, and some people may not want to include every Spray preset that a specific Sticker is used for. Because of this, including a sticker within an arpack won't bring in any Spray presets automatically. The reverse does work, however. Every Sticker Spray Preset must have a sticker associated with it in order to work. Since this is a fact, including a Sticker Spray preset with an arpack will automatically bring in the Sticker Sheet it needs to work correctly (as long as you're using an up to date AR Studio/Pro, because some older versions don't do it).

Nickillus
03-15-2012, 08:38 AM
Thanks Gaeton. Great advice as always.

I've had another little stab at it today, and uploaded a second arpack to the first post in this thread. I think I made a better fist of making the pack, even if the brushes aren't any better. At least it might be a step in the right direction from the arpack creation aspect . . . .?

cripster
03-15-2012, 09:42 AM
Hi Nick and Gaeton how do i get Nature1 to show up in the presets, and not on the sticker sheets please?

Nickillus
03-15-2012, 12:45 PM
Hi Cripster,
I reckon it's my bad. I'll repackage it up like I did the second one and hopefully all will be tickity-boo after that and it will install without you having to do any fiddling.

I'll make another entry in this thread when I've done it and edit it with an updated link in the first post.

Sorry for the messing about.

Nickillus
03-15-2012, 01:01 PM
Nick-Nature-1 has now been repackaged so that it should load easier - I hope. Fingers crossed for easier usage.

cripster
03-15-2012, 01:36 PM
Thanks Nick really great will use them very soon.

Micmac
03-15-2012, 10:23 PM
Thanks for the packs Nick. They look very good.

If you have time could you add an opaque version of the pebbledash?

Michael

Nickillus
03-15-2012, 10:44 PM
Hi Micmac. Thanks.

Yep - a solid version of that one makes sense. Might not be today but should be able to do that before the weekend. There's some artefacts in the hair ones I want to remove anyhow, and I've worked out where they are coming form now - so they need tweaking.

Nickillus
03-16-2012, 07:54 AM
Just a heads up to point out that Nick-Nature-2 has had a few sticker presets added and tweaked.

Artefacts hopefully removed from the Bad-Hair-Day variants.
Solid Pebbledash added (Pebbledash-2)
A second scratty grass variant added.
A mottle brush called Water-Damage-1 added.

EDIT- I can still see some artefacts in Bad-Hair-Day-1 in particular - dammit. Sorry chaps. More tweaking needed on another day.

Micmac
03-16-2012, 08:53 PM
Hi Nick

I think your link to second edition of Nature 2 is pointing to the first edition of Nature 2

Downloaded it several times and it is first edition

Michael

Nickillus
03-16-2012, 10:29 PM
Hi Micmac.
Thanks for pointing it out. Not sure how that happened. I've reset the link.

Do please let me know if it still doesn't work right. In that case I reckon I need to go back through the whole process of package creation because something must have gone wrong in the naming somewhere.

Micmac
03-17-2012, 12:03 AM
Thank you Nick it worked now

I think you must have the World Record for variations within a single sticker. :-)

Michael

Nickillus
03-17-2012, 12:58 AM
Thanks Micmac. No problem. Sorry about not getting it right first time round.

World record? I bet not. It's amazing the variety of mark making you can get from a brush head or sticker set if you tinker around with the 'spray variation' settings. Just look at how many presets there are for things like the pencil that doesn't have the range of controls that stickers do.

Then you may find like I do that it's compounded by what size brush you use!

Hours of 'fun' to be had

Micmac
03-17-2012, 02:22 AM
No one else work on a 6 x 6 grid. You are the champ.

Michael

Nickillus
03-17-2012, 03:39 AM
Haha - yes I suppose nobody else has been stupid enough to think that many boxes is a good idea yet. They have more common sense.
And as for the 12x4 grid . . . .

I just figured that if I really want something to approach the illusion of random irregularity then having a bigger selection of individual elements has got to help. Then throw in 'random' offset and rotation settings in the 'spray variation' and it might work.

Someonesane
03-17-2012, 08:47 AM
Just be careful you don't limit the number of stickers you're using on a sheet (unless you're looking to do it on purpose). Many of the brush stickers I've made use multiple rows, and columns, for specific purposes (Finer texture, lighter opacity, smaller images, reversed images, etc). Overlooking a change in the Pen Pressure column, might have you pulling only the stickers in a straight diagonal line across the sheet, leaving you with the same effect a single row sheet would allow. For example, if you look at my attached image, you'll see two different Variation Panel setups, using the same sticker sheet. In the first setup, the variations for Sheet Row and Column, both use Pen Pressure to change them. Doing this, however, means you'd be stuck using only the diagonal stickers on the sheet (circled in Magenta). In the second setup, the variations for Sheet Row are set to pull randomly, while I left the variations for Sheet Column set to change by Pen Pressure. This means you would have full access to the stickers on the sheet, but it will be based on the pressure put down. So if I pressed as lightly as I could on my pen, I'd only draw out the 1, A, Paw Print, and Burlap texture. If I pressed as hard as I could, I'd draw out only the 4, D, 6 point Star, and halftone texture. Anything in between those pressures, would result in a mix of the other two columns.

Nickillus
03-18-2012, 01:39 PM
You are an oracle Gaeton. I'll keep reading that until it starts to make some sense to my under-powered grey matter. I really appreciate your input on this. You are the master.

I do know there's an emormous amount of power within the spray variation settings to potentially create some amazing stickers - but sadly that I don't think in an ordered enough way to be the one that is likely to produce them.
My rule of thumb for these hit and miss offerings has been to crank up the random settings on column, sheet and sticker sequence because it suits the natural things I'm trying to emulate. My thumb takes a lot of control in these sorts of decisions with me.

I will work harder to increase my understanding.
Must try harder - must try harder . . . .

screenpainter
03-18-2012, 02:09 PM
Nick,

these are first rate stickers. love the craftsmanship of them. thank you for taking the time to do these. I can see them as being invaluable time savers and a heck of a lot of fun to use as well as providing some valuable textures and effects. I love the bad hair days and the water damage and the pebbles and envision utilizing them. they are not the kind that just sit around or are fun and pretty to play with once and then don't get used for real art projects. these are top notch quality and will surely be used. much appreciated.
thanks again.
Albert

screenpainter
03-18-2012, 09:31 PM
these are awesome. thanks again.

Nickillus
03-18-2012, 11:18 PM
Many thanks Albert. Really appreciate you taking the time and effort to drop by and tell me you seem to like them - and that's not to mention the lovely little e-card.

Hope you find them useful - and maybe look forward in the hope that they might encourage you to play around and create some of your own that are even better suited to your exact needs on any given art project. Then do please share that artwork too.

MSIE
03-19-2012, 10:17 AM
thanks Nick, lovely stickers :)

[click to enlarge]

screenpainter
03-19-2012, 11:02 AM
and my apologies, I have to amend a statement I made previously to SOS on his grass thread. No one makes stickers as well as you folks... Juz, Charlie, MSIE, Sos, Fashmir and Nick.
I hope to add other names as well, but for now you are the kings of the sticker spray creation. Again, these are fantastic. I suppose I should never have made the statement considering all the omissions I was guilty of. :)

uncle808us
08-07-2017, 12:46 AM
Just had a first stab at making an art package. It's a grassy, leafy, grot based effort and the brush presets are set largish, so you may or may not want to scale them down if that doesn't suit your needs and resave as a new preset.
I will get better at this I promise . . . .

If you really want a good grassy brush go with Someonesane's excellent offering though.

They are Stickers by the way.

You can download from this link at Dropbox (also recommended by Someonesane - what a great chap Gaeton is).

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/66897881/Nick-Nature-1-2nd%20Edition.arpack

(The above link is to a repackaged version that should hopefully load easier - March 14th 2012)

EDIT- Hopefully this second one is a bit more complete, thanks to Gaeton's (as ever) excellent advice. Some tangled hair, scratty grass, weeds and a few drawn pebbles.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/66897881/Nick-Nature-2-2nd%20edition.arpack

Download link not working. Darn. Is there some other way to get these?

Speedy
08-07-2017, 01:45 AM
I'm having problems too.

Whokuni
09-12-2017, 02:25 PM
These look tremendous. Unfortunately, Im also having trouble with the download link as well. Would it be possible to re-up them please? Sorry for asking.

gfunk79
08-18-2018, 04:38 AM
Hi I'd love to try these, but the links are dead. Can you please provide a new link?

Thanks,

G

SanraP
09-04-2018, 04:40 PM
Hi I'd love to try these, but the links are dead. Can you please provide a new link?

Thanks,

G

Me too :) they look so great!

artcris
07-27-2020, 08:22 AM
podrķan resubir los enlaces por favor, me gustarķa probar este arpack se ve genial

de antemano muchas gracias