PDA

View Full Version : Respect

coops
03-02-2012, 11:50 PM
Dont know where this one came from but I hope you enjoy it:)

D Akey
03-03-2012, 12:01 AM
Ms Coops! This is, as I see it, yet another deeply personal painting. . . a bit off the beaten path for you, but perhaps not so far afield after all. It is sort of a dance. Very moving. Love the sepia tone which gives it a long ago nostalgic feel. This tableau becomes very evocative. I can read into it over and again coming up with something new each time, I'm quite sure.

Can't wait to hear from Pinckney on this.

Brava! A great show that the lack of color can still be powerful. :cool::):cool::):cool:

Rondo
03-03-2012, 02:24 AM
My wife is part native american and she said that this was a iconic piece of art and even i'm not like her, i fully agree with her! thank you for making this:)

limey-g
03-03-2012, 03:17 AM
A very nice piece, love the concept.
Geoff

eighty+
03-03-2012, 03:29 AM
Katie Katie Coops very good the native Americans before they got the Horse
Must have had a fantastic life style following the herds quiet see why they had
Wigwams as up sticks and away all on foot they must have been super fit

:D:D::D:D:D:D

pat1940
03-03-2012, 05:08 AM
Katie, this is so impressive, love the sepia and pink tones:):):):)

Caesar
03-03-2012, 05:37 AM
What an astounding artpiece, dear Katie!
A subtly spiritual and intriguing image.
You're so familiar with heavenly visions that You succeeded to penetrate supernatural veils again and You depicted now the green prairies of Manitou where proud warriors are admitted to neverending glory and life.

Weeks
03-03-2012, 12:11 PM
Whaouu Coops, incredible atmosphere and tone...

:) I like this one very much.

Best,

Weeks

Lima
03-03-2012, 01:13 PM
Dear friend Katie. For some time I see that you travel a path that is taking your painting to an enviable degree of subtle beauty.

Gentle tonalism, with slick beautiful delicate and well-balanced colors.

Here's, Clarice Beckett, see her work, please:
http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ficheiro:Clarice_Beckett_-_Beaumaris_seascape_c.1925.jpg

and:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Beckett,_Clarice_-_Passing_Trams,_1931.jpg

and:
http://www.google.com.br/search?q=Beckett,+Clarice&um=1&hl=pt-BR&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:pt-BR:official&tbm=isch&ei=DQtRT6nzCcXeggefwp3lDQ&start=0&sa=N

This kind of tonality, which I mentioned to you in a previous comment I've on one of your posts, about your painting, as that as I said, this tonality, is increasingly diving into your canvas,and emerging like your most brilliant painting style.:eek::eek::eek:

barnburner
03-04-2012, 03:05 AM
Wherever it came from - I'm really glad you decided to visit. This is just marvelous. I think this is as good a painting of western life as I've ever seen. Great job Katie! :):):):)

silvy
03-04-2012, 03:18 AM
:eek:Very good, there's something magical about this.
Like a dream or a memory that emerges from the dust.
Lost times, lost lifes.
Congratulation dear Katie. I love it

Selby
03-04-2012, 03:22 AM
Coops! its stunning love the misty dreamy quality to it:)

Peter Pinckney
03-04-2012, 10:53 AM
Difficult to find the words for this one Katie..............

Mystical,evocative,stirring,spiritually challenging......

no...........words can't convey what this touches in me....

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Maybe Hoka He........today is a good day to die.

EB
03-04-2012, 12:39 PM
I'm going to agree

Earle

coops
03-05-2012, 12:22 AM
Sorry it has taken so long in responding to you wonderful comments but have been away for a couple of days. Your comments really have given me such pleasure and so happy that this one worked out well.:)
Dear Mr Akey, it is a delight to read your insight into this painting and yes I guess it was quite a departure from my usual ones. I am so pleased that you saw so much in it and that you took so much time to put this into words. Thank you so very much:)
Rondo, I am very moved by your comments,:)
Geoff, dear Eighty and Pat, thanks for your wonderfully kind comments:)
Thank you Cesare, your kind words are very welcome and I am so happy that you enjoyed the painting:)
Dear Oriane, how wonderfully kind you are and as always so encouraging. Thank you also for the links which I really enjoyed:)
Thanks Weeks, Barnburner, Silvy and Selby, as always your kind comments are really appreciated:)
Thank you so much Peter and I am moved my your thoughts and comments, love the smiles though. :)
Thanks Earle for your kind comments:)

mannafig
03-05-2012, 08:30 AM
This is superb dear Katie perfect:):)

SCP
03-05-2012, 08:35 AM
Well done coops,the story you have depicted in this style is amazing.:):):):)

coops
03-06-2012, 01:27 AM
Thank you so much Amanda and SCP for your very kind comments.:)

gxhpainter2
03-06-2012, 05:25 AM
Katie...this is a wonderful work and although the subject may seem a bit different I think the spirit of the work is right inline with your sensitive and observant nature... :):)

justjean
03-06-2012, 08:10 AM
Very nice , Katie :)

Belvrog
03-06-2012, 08:49 AM
Fantastic painting Katie, this is really captivating. There is a fantastic mood and story in it. One of my favs of yours. :)

coops
03-06-2012, 09:36 AM
Thanks GX, Jean and Belvrog I appreciate your kind comments:)