PDA

View Full Version : Guess Who in A Basket?

Margi
02-29-2012, 01:19 AM
I received the new Sensu brush for iPad today and so far I am very impressed. I received it to beta test it as the project fell behind and they had to remake most of them due to some handle issues. I was one of ten lucky winners to receive one of a limited supply. I believe they are being shipped to the rest of the backers end of March, and retail in April or May. It feels really nice in the hand and is balanced well. Its a nice piece of craftsmanship. 64556I have posted a pic that I just did, titled, "Guess Who in a Basket" Of course the tool doesn't make things look any different, but its all about improving the painting experience, and this sure does. I know it is all just up in my head, but I feel like it allowed to paint a little loser than with the more technical Jot stylus, which I still use for the fine lines. Again, just for the feel. Now, lets see if it changes at all with use......

barnburner
02-29-2012, 02:09 AM
This is just wonderful! Great job. :):):)

coops
02-29-2012, 02:26 AM
This is a pure delight to view Margi and just shows what a talent you are. Well done:)

Marilyn Anne
02-29-2012, 03:11 AM
The child is lovely and so well done.

Margi
02-29-2012, 06:58 AM
Thanks everyone, when I see the work some you do I am hesitant to put things up, I don't know how to use the program to its full potential...not sure I ever will. So I appreciate your comments.

screenpainter
02-29-2012, 07:57 AM
No arguing with the results . What a beautiful portrait! Full of light and the pure joy of childhood shining through. Love the color palette as well. It's very fine portraiture. There are some black sketch lines left about. You could be going for a water color look in which case they would be lighter gray. Great portrait.

Margi
02-29-2012, 08:06 AM
The lines are because I FORGOT to use my layers....grrrr. Well sometimes I remember and go backwards to remove some steps and then remove the new layer, in the iPad, you don't notice. I am going to work on those lines and that left hand a bit more, but sometimes I am afraid to do too much! Thanks for the tips!

lori99320
02-29-2012, 09:45 AM
Terrific portrait! And what a cutie pie subject :)

Peter Pinckney
02-29-2012, 01:02 PM
My turn to be in awe..............delightful Margi...........the expression you captured in the eyes is just magical................

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):)

justjean
02-29-2012, 03:52 PM
VERY nice :)

Caesar
02-29-2012, 09:44 PM
A quite impressive excercise on an iPad and with AR watercolors!
The subject is a most beautiful baby. Congrats!

Margi
03-01-2012, 01:33 AM
Thanks everyone, luckily this little guy is going to have a sibling, so i will have another subject!

Rowena
03-01-2012, 05:58 AM
Lovely job you did Margi!
...I am eagerly awaiting you thoughts and experiences regarding this stylus.
I also feel the Jot lacks 'feel' and it's pole-like handle is hard and clumsy to hold in your hand (I am used to the fine balance and taper of the Wacom Intuos stylus).

Does the Sensu have a tapered handle?
...and I dont suppose you are allowed to post any photos of it yet?

Margi
03-01-2012, 06:04 AM
I posted some photos in an old thread that you started in iPad technical called " "Has anyone tried a fine Stylus"....or something like that! So far I really like it, it feels good, looks good, acts good.

Shibui
03-01-2012, 11:24 AM
The lines are because I FORGOT to use my layers....grrrr. Well sometimes I remember and go backwards to remove some steps and then remove the new layer, in the iPad, you don't notice. I am going to work on those lines and that left hand a bit more, but sometimes I am afraid to do too much! Thanks for the tips!

I agree with all the above comments. That being said it is such a delightful portrait and I can see progression from previous works of Ollie. Great job and congrats on the his new sibling.

pat1940
03-01-2012, 11:52 AM
Beautiful portrait and what a handsome boy:):):):)

chinapete
03-02-2012, 01:49 AM
It seems the Sensu has a rounded and tapered tip, if so, was that of any help to you in getting the tremendous variety of tonal gradations in the rounded forms?

Margi
03-02-2012, 02:59 AM
Well, i dont think technically it matters what tool you use, whether its you finger, a brush, a fine stylus or a rubber tipped one, the stroke you get is how you have your tools set BUT, it FEELS like it makes it easier, does that make sense? You have the IMPRESSION of a smooth flowing brush.

silvy
03-02-2012, 04:07 AM
Just beautiful:)

mannafig
03-02-2012, 09:37 AM
Adorable so cute.:):)

D Akey
03-02-2012, 11:05 PM
Woooohooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great painting!!!!!!!!!!!!
:):):):):)