PDA

View Full Version : Heavenly Inferno

Kang
02-27-2012, 09:43 AM
Hellooo!

This is my first posting on the ArtRage forum!

I've taken a look at the works by various artists on here, and I'm very impressed! There is some extra-ordinary talent out there!

Anyway, I recently purchased a copy of AR3 pro after trying out the free version, and wow! This program is great. Props to the developers!! I also decided to bite the bullet and upgrade from the Bamboo to the Intuos4. With combo of AR3 pro and the Intuos, I haven't been so psyched about painting (and art in general) in a very long time.

Enough ranting, some details about the piece. It was inspired by a photo from 'The Sky' (from Cube Book). I've never really worked with thick paint/impasto in traditional painting and decided to do some playing around. And this is the result

MSIE
02-27-2012, 10:47 AM
hy Kang, welcome to ArtRage and the forums :)

your first painting is gorgeous, I love those rocks in the front (or is it water? can't decide ..), great brushstrokes as well - the whole scene looks very dramatic. well done, I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work! :)

screenpainter
02-27-2012, 12:44 PM
looks more like a beautiful sunset to me than an inferno.
love the brush strokes and palette.
glad to hear the new additions have you psyched about painting and I like the results very much. stay psyched!

Caesar
02-27-2012, 10:52 PM
Welcome and what a powerful start!

coops
02-28-2012, 12:03 AM
Welcome to Artrage and thats a very fine painting too, well done:)

Alexandra
02-28-2012, 02:23 AM
Welcome, I agree-a fine painting. I love the palette as well.

pat1940
02-28-2012, 06:38 AM
Welcome Kang, this first is wonderful and so looking forward to more, so glad you like AR, as it is a great program:):):):)

gxhpainter2
02-28-2012, 10:37 AM
Hi Kang... a great start and with Intuos 4 and AR Pro.. you are set with some of the best tools around...be sure to check our the technical and art supplies part of this forum for some great assets to add to your AR Studio.... a fine paint to get going on for sure.:cool::cool::):)

mannafig
02-28-2012, 10:41 AM
Beautiful colours Kang very nice:):)

Kang
02-29-2012, 06:14 AM
Thank you all for the very warm welcome to the forum, and for taking a look at my first submitted piece!

Being a grad student certainly keeps life very busy and hectic but some digital art at the end of the day is a great way to wrap up!

Thanks again for the comments!

swansong
02-29-2012, 12:05 PM
beautiful painting, love the brush work and the colours.