PDA

View Full Version : The cat and the Fox

Caesar
02-24-2012, 01:26 AM
Here's a quite spooky scene I imagined as a child reader which I tried to compose as freshly as I can after so many decades at my venerable age. :rolleyes::p

limey-g
02-24-2012, 01:36 AM
That is so neat, love the theme, must be the time for foxes as I am working on one at the moment.
Geoff

coops
02-24-2012, 02:34 AM
Very spooky Cesare but an excellent painting with a hint of amusement:) Well done:)

D Akey
02-24-2012, 07:15 AM
That'll fix Pinocchio. Good thing he isn't a real boy yet. . . just another marionette with particularly thick strings. Like my guitar, he could do with some re-stringing. :D

I LOVE these characters. Their acting is superb! Well done Caesar. And from so long ago, this dream? Must have been something strong to have stuck with you this long. I had a dream nightmare when I was younger that 5yo incorporating the Wizard of Oz characters and very slippery floors, and great dread that something evil was coming. . . and it scared me something fierce. And then . . . AND THEN!!!!!!! Everyone started flying away from the danger. . . but I couldn't get my legs to support me, let alone fly away. . . AAAAHHHHHHH. . . and I woke up. . . Wasn't until decades later that I connected it up with having seen the Wizard of Oz on TV probably. . .

Great painting, Caesar.

Caesar
02-24-2012, 10:09 AM
So we should celebrate the coincidence, dear Geoff, maybe dancing ... a Foxtrot?:p

... and You probably don't know what follows, spooky as well, dear Katie, when the doctor visited the rescued Pinocchio who didn't want to take the medecine, so black crows gathered aside his bed for his funeral and burial. Not to speak about when he knew the Turquois Fairy, become his mom, was dead because of the pain he disobeyed and he cried on her grave (but it wasn't eventually true, fortunately). Thank You!

Dear D Akey, the classical book was not exactly like the Disney cartoon, as mood and atmosphere; it was even more impressive for kids, although highly fantastic and popular. My worst dream as a child were not on tales though, a little more situations somehow dealing with ghosts or like the exorcist after an apparently normal start. I've no more such nightmares (which were not frequent anyway), but, unfortunately, not even dreams where I can lift and fly. Thank You!

SCP
02-24-2012, 11:31 AM
"Venerable age" :D:D Well crafted intriguing image Dear Caesar,fantastic!;):):):):):)

Caesar
02-24-2012, 09:01 PM
Thank ou, dear SCP. The idea was to work more and better on the sketch and the painting too, but I eventually preferred to get soon the impression.

Mairzie Dotes
02-24-2012, 09:25 PM
Caesar,
The wonderful thing about this fairy tale like painting is imagining
what the coy fox might be now plotting with partner in crime, sly
cat? Has their prisoner Mr. Vegetable Garden Nose finally gasped
his last pathetic breath as he swings awkwardly in the night
breezes above the Carrot patch orrrrrr ... will this dastardly pair of
furry partners in crime decide to cut the poor mate down before his
britches begin to slide precariously down and around his pitiful ankles,
thus embarrassing his poor old Mum who lives in the nearby village?

The moral of this story seems to be ... always wear a belt before
you get yourself strung up from the old Oak tree. Well painted! :)

silvy
02-25-2012, 10:33 AM
Lui Ŕ il gatto e io la volpe, stiamo in societÓ.....:D
Molto carino!

Alexandra
02-26-2012, 01:51 AM
The man hanging there with the bird mask makes me think of the time of the black plague. What was your inspiration Cesare? Cool illustration!
Venerable age....:D

gxhpainter2
02-26-2012, 06:00 AM
Caesar..a great illustrative image... the spooky quality and great characterization of the fox and cat.. very well done... I think one of your best!:cool::cool:;);)

MSIE
02-27-2012, 03:09 AM
great painting! I especially like the fox .. his blue nose :) and his beautiful clothing!
well done :)

justjean
02-27-2012, 05:49 AM
Caesar, looks great and you must have been reading the folklore tales of Brothers Grimm before bedtime :D

Caesar
02-27-2012, 10:34 PM
Dear Mair, You cracked me up as usual with Your fine wit and humour! :D:p Thank You for dropping Your most amusing comment in such an elegant language.

... di noi, ti puoi fidar, ah ah! Cara Silvia, I think I may propose my illustration to Edoardo Battiato, should he re-visit and re-edit his rock songs taking the cue from our most famous tale story. Grazie!

Thank You, dear Sandra! It's just one of the many episodes of the book of Pinocchio in its original form, which in Italy, is more or less the corresponding of Alice in Wonderland or the Wizard of Oz, i.e. the most popular fantastic story good for kids, but also able to make grown people think with all the metaphores and considerations it may provide.

Thank You, dear Gary. Actually I worked quite loosely to capture the mood and the feeling quickly enough.

You know, dear MSIE, clothing and appearance are quite important to deceive and cheat people ... :D I tried to provide him with a XIX century attire to simulate what an original illustration of Pinocchio could have been like. Thank You!

Right, dear Jean. Actually this is our own literature, being Pinocchio, but I read also most of the classical European tales collections, from the Ancient times of Aesop and Phaedrus up to those of Perrault, the brother Grimms and Andersen.
Our venerable national literature and folklore are also very rich, but still to be re-discovered, somehow updated and be made internationally known and appreciated, so I guess I'll have to wait a little bit for this.:p
Thank You!

pat1940
02-28-2012, 07:46 AM
so very well painted dear caesar, such a great illustration:):):):):):):)

Caesar
02-28-2012, 08:27 AM
Thank You, dear Pat! I'm preparing my assets just in case the financial crisis will eventually lead me to become a storyteller with a storyboard behind to survive ... :p

mannafig
02-28-2012, 10:45 AM
Superb dear Cesare very nicely painted:):)

Weeks
02-28-2012, 11:03 AM
Good story Ceasar.

I guess you could tell us the end... :D

Best,

Weeks

Caesar
02-28-2012, 09:03 PM
Dear Amanda, actually I started with the idea to proceed with a different enough style and to give it a better drawing definition, but I eventually decided to proceed without sticking to the experimental procedure I imagined. Thank You!

Dear Weeks, the end, after many other adventures, is that Pinocchio eventually shows to have really undertood, grown and become a reliable and responsible kid, so he finally changes from a puppet to a real boy.
Out of the metaphores, a change process of learning by our mistakes and misadventures, of rather looking for the truth, so as to get better and wiser. A process that each of us should undertake, even restart each now and then, in view of becoming a real human being, free and hardly moved by any puppeteer, either powerful persons, interests groups and our uncontrolled wishes. Thank You!