PDA

View Full Version : Wolf - WIP added on page 2

Sketchism71
02-20-2012, 10:28 PM
It's been way to long since I have posted anything here - It's actually been a while since I have painted anything worth posting. I miss hangin out with artists! I hope everyone is doing well, I've got a lot of catching up to do.

This wildlife is all AR - Crayon, oil, and knife. Thanks for checking it out!:D

Saphire
02-20-2012, 10:34 PM
Wow! This is stunning work, the fur on the wolf, the snow, the light, simply amazing.:D

Alexandra
02-20-2012, 11:49 PM
What a beautiful scene and beautiful wolf Eddie, wonderful work as usual, and great to see you.

mannafig
02-21-2012, 02:45 AM
Amazing work dear Sketch:):)

limey-g
02-21-2012, 02:46 AM
Wow this is wonderful, the lighting highlighting the coat, the undulations in the snow, and the way the whole scene has come together.
Geoff

Peter Pinckney
02-21-2012, 03:07 AM
Brilliant work Eddie!!!!!!!!!

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):)

screenpainter
02-21-2012, 03:16 AM
I think you are a great contemporary artist. Just phenomenal work...transcendent! So fine. Could look at this for hours. It's a really beautiful work of art Eddie. I hope you are able to make time for more. Such a joy to see your work. The finest of craftsmanship in your work... Masterful.

damasocl
02-21-2012, 03:23 AM
Very, very good!!!;););)

Caesar
02-21-2012, 05:15 AM
OMG what a masterpiece! :eek::cool::):):):):):)

SCP
02-21-2012, 08:48 AM
Hi Eddie,wow! stunning painting dear friend and great to see you back.Hope we catch-up some more in the near future mate.;):):):):)

Lima
02-21-2012, 12:35 PM
Wonderful backlight!!!:eek: and the snow is just blueish as it should be... reflexes in snow are strikingly beautiful. Congratulations Eddie.

gxhpainter2
02-21-2012, 03:20 PM
a remarkable work . I love wolves and this casual glance over his shoulder is a great pose as is the brilliant snowy backlight...:eek::eek::cool:

coops
02-21-2012, 10:05 PM
Stunning work once again Sketch, everything about it is beautiful:)

Juz
02-21-2012, 10:32 PM
OMG Sketch... AMAZING... you take realism to new heights... i thought it was a photo at first glance.... EPIC SKILLZ :eek::):eek:

D Akey
02-22-2012, 01:44 AM
Bloody hell!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOooooooohooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want whatever that wolf is having!

Really fantastic job!!!!!!! Incredible color control. It all works very well indeed. And furthermore, in conclusion, I wish to go on record to say it really grabs me. . . right behind the eyeballs, in the region of the pineal gland. It's rather startling to have that happen. It's the whole package, but I think it is especially the color. The wolf glows from within. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: A memorable balance between your rich cools and your warms. Wow.

jibes
02-22-2012, 04:06 PM
Perfect!!!!!

silvy
02-23-2012, 04:43 AM
Welcome back Eddie:), your wolf is WOW:eek: and the snow seems much real than the real. Una meraviglia.
Warm background and lights on fur coat complete this masterpiece.
Congratulazioni!

Sketchism71
02-23-2012, 05:28 AM
Saphire - Thank you for the great comment!:)

Sandra - It's great to be back and painting again - Great to see you too - Thank you!:D

Thank you very much Mannafig!:)

Thanks for checking it our and for the great comment Limey-g!:D

Those smiles are like gold to me Peter - Thank you!:)

Albert - Thank you dear friend for such a wonderful - complimenting comment - really made my day!:D

Thank you very much damasocl!:)

Thank you Caesar!:D

Great to be back Scott! Thanks for checking it out!:)

Thank you very much Lima!:D

Thank you gxh! I love painting backlight - especially when used on fur!:)

Thank you for the great comment Katie!:D

Thanks Juz! I love that blur tool and how it creates that focal blur photo effect. Great to see you and thank you for the comment!:)

D Akey - I love when art stimulates the pineal gland!!! Thank you for the comment my friend!:D:D

Thank you Jibes!:)

Thank you dear Silvy for the wonderful comment!:D

MaryLou
02-23-2012, 05:46 AM
Beautiful, golden, and better than any photo could be! Wow!

Sketchism71
02-28-2012, 05:27 PM
Thank you Mary Lou! :)

My laptop has been spontaneousely rebooting on me - so as I was making this painting I saved and exported images as I progressed. I figured I would post them as sort of a work in progress for anyone that is interested on the method I used. It's not very detailed but this was the painting at various stages...

Caesar
02-28-2012, 09:47 PM
Thank You very much for such an extraordinary tutorial, dear friend!:eek::cool::):):):):):)

swansong
02-29-2012, 12:10 PM
This is just amazing, i can just add to what everone els has said, just beautyful

lori99320
02-29-2012, 12:22 PM
Oh my gosh...that is fabulous! Thanks for posting the progression.

justjean
02-29-2012, 03:54 PM
Wonderful wolf, setting and lighting

Sketchism71
03-01-2012, 07:39 AM
Caesar, Swansong, Lori, and Jean, Thank you all for the kind comments!:)

coops
03-01-2012, 10:23 AM
Thanks for showing the stages of this great painting Sketch:)

pat1940
03-01-2012, 11:54 AM
WOW love this sketch, thanks for showing the steps, wonderful job:):):):)

SCP
03-01-2012, 11:56 AM
Great to see your steps on your wonderful painting, awesome mate!;):):)

Weeks
03-02-2012, 03:04 AM
Great job :):)

Best,

Weeks

Belvrog
03-06-2012, 11:09 AM
Hi Eddie, stunning piece in many ways.Love how you did the fur and established the light with this illuminted particles in the air and the translucency of the fur. Fantastic warm cold contast. Very well handled.