PDA

View Full Version : Here I am Mummy, Over Here

coops
02-20-2012, 02:33 AM
Had a dream the other night and this is the last part of it. I can still hear the little girl saying, "Here I am mummy, over here", I guess they were playing hide and seek. Hope you enjoy :)

silvy
02-20-2012, 03:27 AM
Beautiful painting for a lovely dream:). Well done dear Katie

limey-g
02-20-2012, 03:32 AM
Very nice coops, must have been a lovely dream.
I never seem to get dreams like that.
Geoff

jibes
02-20-2012, 06:01 AM
Great idea and layout Katie! I would like to see the woods area a little darker however, this would make the mom stand out much better and help the overall composition by a better value structure.

Mairzie Dotes
02-20-2012, 07:10 AM
coops,
Words cannot quite describe the beauty of this painting, both
in the artwork and sentiment. The lush field of blooming wild
flowers is absolutely breathtaking. What a dream and what a
touching expression of mother and child. :)

gxhpainter2
02-20-2012, 07:53 AM
Katie...a wonderful experience of lush grass , flowers, and a child's innocence.

Vladislav
02-20-2012, 09:59 AM
Like-like! :)

S5T68IS2TA
02-20-2012, 12:10 PM
New concept, and a beauty... draw or paint your dreams. Great idea! I can tell it was exhausting for all the hard work and detail in it. WOW!! Back in 2006 my appendix busted and gutted my insides with venom for over 24 hours. As a result, I went into a 16 day coma. I have always thought of drawing or painting some of the scenes I saw or went through during that time. At times I took to flying high all over the globe. From the east coast near New Hampshire by a fishing village, (where, in the valley of a place that resemble nothing but trees and shallow waters, the deer came to drink) to parts of Pennsylvania, to Florida, to Brasil and the like. At one point I had past Florida already and decided to head and see Europe. I landed by the commons and I saw through a barred fence straight to the numbers on the buildings. One of those numbers I wanted to memorize so that people would believe me when I came out of the coma. But as soon as I opened my eyes, every memory of that was gone. But I would like to record in painting, the different stages that I went through while in that coma. I have written the details of it and it is extensive in writing. Thanks Katie for sharing a piece of your visit to some place unknown. It was real your dream!

coops
02-20-2012, 09:46 PM
Thanks Silvy, Geoff and Neal, so happy you enjoyed this one:)
Thank you so much Mairzie for your wonderful expressive words which I always enjoy reading so very much:)
Gary and Vladislav, thank you for viewing and enjoying this one:)
S5T68IS2TA, I am so happy that you enjoyed this one and thank you so much for expressing it in such a great way. I am so happy that you came through your terrible ordeal and are here to enjoy this great place call Artrage:)

Alexandra
02-20-2012, 11:55 PM
This is precious Katie....love this.

mannafig
02-21-2012, 02:48 AM
This is so delightful and lovely dear Katie:):)

screenpainter
02-21-2012, 09:30 AM
well it is very dreamlike indeed, seeing as how the mother is detached while the child is trying to be found. Some profound psychological implications for someone who has known detachment, but I will just enjoy the wonderful color harmonies, (that's a delightful blue you have found there... reminds me of Marie Cassatt,) and their statements on this summer day, lest I become terrified for the child. :) beautiful painting.

Letha
02-21-2012, 11:58 AM
Love it. Thanks for posting.
Letha

Lima
02-21-2012, 12:31 PM
Striking sense of perspective Katie. Really well done:eek:

Peter Pinckney
02-21-2012, 01:02 PM
Beautiful Katie.................

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Caesar
02-21-2012, 08:49 PM
What was Your role in that dream then, mom or little girl, dear Katie?
A fine impressionistic composition chromatiocally played around mid-tones.

coops
02-21-2012, 10:14 PM
Sandy and Amanda, thank your so much for your kind comments:)
You are very perceptive Albert but not to worry all worked out well and so pleased you enjoyed this one:)
Thanks Letha, dear Oriane and Peter for your appreciation of this one, your kind comments are really appreciated:)
The little girl Cesare, so happy you enjoyed this one:)

barnburner
02-22-2012, 08:54 AM
Katie, this just goes straight to the heart. Great job! :):):)

coops
02-23-2012, 12:25 AM
Thanks Mike for your lovely kind comments:)

D Akey
02-24-2012, 01:51 PM
To me it's an idyllic day scene. A delicious Spring day, everything coming alive. The daughter is probably taking everything in at once and wants to show her mom each new grand discovery, while the mom has grown a little more selective in her appreciation of Natural wonders. I see the mom making up a bouquet for her little flower. I can just anticipate the joy when the two come together and enjoy each others new treasures.

That's my dance with this painting.

Very lovely, Ms Coops.

cn-skv
02-24-2012, 06:53 PM
very nice!

coops
02-25-2012, 02:16 AM
What a beautiful scene you paint with your words dear Mr Akey and thats just how the dream sort of ended. It was in slow motion as I was dreaming and the last thing I remember was the Mummy turning around and waving. Thank you so much for your wonderfully kind words:)
Thanks cn-skv, happy you enjoy it:)