PDA

View Full Version : 1st ever digital "painting"

Bruce Graham
02-19-2012, 03:33 AM
Created a stencil from something I liked, then experimented with airbrush and palette knife.
Nothing special, but I have years and years ahead of me to get better :D
Bruce

eighty+
02-19-2012, 05:24 AM
looks like London afire during the Blitz :eek::eek::eek: good start:D:D:D

chinapete
02-19-2012, 03:21 PM
I'm chose ArtRage not because it has excellent tools for oil painters, but because it excels in watercolor ... Mention of a palette knife makes me think the artist is aiming for transparency in oils -- the result has the feel of watercolor -- Turner's watercolor sketches of the Burning of the Houses of Parliament come to mind ...

MSIE
02-19-2012, 11:00 PM
I like those colours, and the watercolour effect looks great :)

coops
02-20-2012, 02:16 AM
Great colours but I wish the painting was a little larger so that I could really enjoy this one:)

jibes
02-20-2012, 06:11 AM
Did you mean for it to be so small? If so never mind but otherwise you could crop the image and make it bigger by changing the image size. I can zoom in on it so it's bigger. Just a suggestion.... Neal

Bruce Graham
02-20-2012, 10:51 AM
Figured out how to make it larger :)
I cannot draw or paint for toffee, so rather pleased with first attempt.
Am "creative" in other areas, so hopefully can prove to be so with painting.
Thanks for the kind comments - just wanted to make a boring "cityscape" picture come "alive", and feel alive.....
Perhaps I succeeded.
Bruce

S5T68IS2TA
02-20-2012, 11:30 AM
You have succeded! Every single one of us here started by asking a simple question. What happens if I click on this over here.. Those who are afraid will not be seen so they will not suceed. You and I, and everyone you see here in this forum succeded because we have guts to at least try. That is exctly how I started. I painted in real canvas inspired by Bob Ross back in the 80's. When I saw ArtRage in the internet, the heavens opened their doors to me. It is a relief to be able to actually draw and paint without any real mess. :).. Welcome to a new kind of home Bruce. Whatever you need to know, ask us here in the forum, and whatever you know, pass it on to the less savvy. There's always someone praying to an Angel for help... There's always room to learn! And believe it or not, in this world there's still people willing to help!

........Lou

Mairzie Dotes
02-20-2012, 08:16 PM
Bruce Graham,
This could be a far away place, as if in a dream, that one might
consider traveling to. Lovely hues and paint application. :)

coops
02-20-2012, 09:26 PM
Thanks for enlarging this lovely painting. Its good to see it properly as it is so delicate and the colours are so gentle. A beautiful dreamy painting:)

mannafig
02-21-2012, 02:30 AM
Much better enlarged can now see the water colour effects even better.
Super work:):)