PDA

View Full Version : Goldfish and lilies

chinapete
02-18-2012, 06:20 AM
First post to the Gallery ...

Sketched on the iPhone from a footbridge at the Chinese Garden ... ArtRage watercolor paper, Nomad dual-tip brush (the short end), and a bit of finger-painting ... Cropped the original in PhotoPad, and used a Wacom tablet to write in the Chinese characters at the upper right ("yuzao", fish and waterweeds) ...

D Akey
02-18-2012, 06:27 AM
How big is the surface you're working on? Love the color.

chinapete
02-18-2012, 09:31 AM
Thanks!
My working space is the iPhone screen...

D Akey
02-18-2012, 10:25 AM
Wow. I would need a jewlers' loupe to see it on my iphone. :D Although you could probably zoom in and out a bit as you work, no?

Well done indeed! Yet another opportunity to fill the world with color.

chinapete
02-18-2012, 01:23 PM
Same view of goldfish and lilies, different day, rainy, more realistic -- for Portland ... It's really a cloud study in disguise ... The stylus end of the Nomad dual-tip accounts for the level of detail ... One aim is to create the illusion of the monumental, thus the choice of small scale, physically and pictorially ...

screenpainter
02-18-2012, 03:17 PM
look forward to seeing more of this ipod art. more please. I am most intrigued by the second one. The way the fish appears in the reflection of the clouds.

chinapete
02-18-2012, 05:23 PM
Thanks, screenpainter and everyone ... I'm actually more interested in cloud studies, so I'll post one of those in a separate thread ... This probably isn't the place to say it, but I've found that ArtRage on the iPhone is a much more intense experience than it is on the iPad ... Almost like a different app ...