PDA

View Full Version : The Bride Of Christ

kreksofin
02-17-2012, 07:40 PM
ArtRage 2.5
Reproduction

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/gallery/files/9/5/3/9/house_of_the_hobit_2_790466.jpg

eighty+
02-17-2012, 08:29 PM
Nah. The church. Had him chopped before he could marry. :eek::eek:

kreksofin
02-17-2012, 09:19 PM
Nah. The church. Had him chopped before he could marry. :eek::eek:

Bride of Christ is a symbolic expression for all believers. This is not a real woman.

eighty+
02-17-2012, 09:26 PM
Sorry Kreksofin. I'm just a old non-believer

kreksofin
02-17-2012, 09:34 PM
Sorry Kreksofin. I'm just a old non-believer

No problem, you can look at this art work like each other. This is just art. :)

eighty+
02-18-2012, 01:26 AM
Hi Kreksofin. Yeah your right. :D to cheer you up look at my rubbish that

Will make you laugh. :D:D:D:D. Ok regards E+

coops
02-18-2012, 02:27 AM
Most inspiring painting:)

Caesar
02-18-2012, 02:54 AM
A sublime artpiece full of symbolic, spiritual, theological meaning as well as of artistic mastery. :):):):):):)
I unfortunately lost a longer comment and consideration I was writing to express all I saw and though about this painting.
In short, however, this represents, in my opinion the most involving, paradoxical, total form of marriage no human couple would ever experience, but I wouldn't try to expand again on this, although it deals with what we actually wish and don't even dare to hope, so as not to bother any sensitivity.
Anyway I'm sure that anyone may rejoice of art, even sacred art of a specific faith, either believers of any kind and non-believers (atheistics, rationalists, skepticists) because, after all, we all believe to some foundation and truth, even contingently, we cannot really prove, rather emotionally rationally perceive by clues and experiences, neither we cannot truly doubt of anything anytime (we should be frozen, lifeless, loveless, mindless, awareless otherwise).
The only cathegory excluded to enjoy this class of paintings is only that of the anti-believers, who eventually made in several cases even worst deeds than the religious fanatics in history.
Curiously the worst outcomes in Inquisition times came most often from charged civil tribunals because anything, in any human system, can be turned into an ideology and be used for the deplorable scopes of power and perversion.
The anti-believers, who may be often suffering, even when they have a sense of humour, in some cases have a bitter, caustic, precisely targeted satire. :D

screenpainter
02-18-2012, 03:29 AM
It's beautiful and very peaceful to look at. Great job on the lambs and the figure of the bride. I also like the painting of the background which has some very nice abstract elements. Great job on this painting.

kreksofin
02-18-2012, 03:59 AM
I did not want to provoke believers or unbelievers. If this work has artistic qualities, give attention to them. If you are a believer and this work inspires you, it's wonderful. If you are not believer, watch it from a professional standpoint.

Art should unite us. And may the force be with you. ;)

eighty+
02-18-2012, 04:10 AM
Hi sorry. krecksofin. But Caesar the mighty One is trying to bash me with words the one word that should be the cornerstone of the argument Is

TRUTH

D Akey
02-18-2012, 05:14 AM
And I never even knew He was engaged, although come to think of it, there has been a pretty steady line of brides down at the convents.

Very nice painting. A new spin (to me anyway), to take the male Christ shepherd image and swap it for female.

As you probably know ordaining women has been an issue in the various Christian Churches over here for decades.

I'm sure this depiction will please many. I think the Nag Hamadi find (or was it the Dead Sea Scrolls?) and additionally the very popular The Da Vinci Code brought some alternate theories about women and Church leadership into the spotlight.

Unexpected image. Looks very respectfully interpreted.

Alexandra
02-19-2012, 01:23 AM
You are such a talented artist. Beautiful work.

limey-g
02-19-2012, 01:35 AM
I really like it as a painting, very well done.
Geoff

Saphire
02-19-2012, 12:53 PM
A beautiful serene painting.

Caesar
02-19-2012, 01:09 PM
Should it not be clear as yet, I'm certainly engaged against any comfortable political correctness or more or less popular prejudice I hope and I see as a dangerous attitude being disturbed by a Madonna of Raphael or a Buddha statue and what they meant or mean (as it happened in Afghanistan) because they're seen as enemies in a dogmatic point of view.
Someone else may ne nationalistically engaged, be mason, TV preacher, or part of any other community, in some cases to have an easier life or even success.
I can assure that it's not my case because orthodox and catholic christians may have a career as such only if they're priests (thus they could get bishops, cardinals or pope). Other christians may instead have a quick success founding always new churches or getting popular as TV preachers.:p
Personally I've no firm theological opinion against women becoming priests, since centuries clarified much about what wasn't clear enough at first (and changed some view where interpretation was required, like the initial idea that all christians had to follow all the Hebrew laws and prescriptions too).
Moreover I can hardly think of any ancient book where women were cited more and with equal dignity as in the Gospels. Only women, but John, had the courage to follow Jesus up to His last breath, witnessed the resurrection first and, by the way, the only perfect human being was once again a woman.
So nothing can be excluded, but the idea that God's will and truth (to anyone who may believe them to exist, obviously) may depend by an exit poll or a democratic election or even a besteller, necessarily inventing a fake biblical exegesis and art history as an artist licence, which became later truth and scientific to many because it was enthralling and successful.
I hope nobody really think that Ben Hur was a real historical person ...:D
To this purpose I would address You to an English and non believer scientist Bart D.Eherman concerning the Codice Da Vinci for the former while I think our friend D Akey and a few other are expert enough of Leonardo, art history and of some characters to know how silly the conjectures thereabout are.

justjean
02-19-2012, 04:24 PM
A beautifully painted scene

jibes
02-20-2012, 06:18 AM
Excellent Painting with great imagery.