PDA

View Full Version : landscape for Digital Artist

gb_whisper
02-17-2012, 10:24 AM
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/047/a/8/landscape_for_digital_artist_by_gbwhisper-d4pwoec.jpg

Just had an interview with Digital Artist magazine. They are doing a 'Top 10 painting apps' feature, and of course ArtRage is one of them.

I was asked to also submit a landscape painting done in ArtRage but I rarely work on landscape. So this one was quickly painted yesterday with a reference.

justjean
02-17-2012, 10:36 AM
This is awesome, so wonderfully well painted and congratulations on your invite :D

coops
02-17-2012, 11:00 AM
Such a beautiful painting, you did Artrage proud. Well done:)

limey-g
02-17-2012, 12:05 PM
This is really well done and certainly shows the capability of artrage.
Geoff

Shibui
02-17-2012, 12:45 PM
It is beautiful and what an honor for you. When does it come out? Sorry, but I hate it when ya'll say I quickly did this; and it looks so great! That is my green monster coming out!

SCP
02-17-2012, 01:31 PM
Fantastic landscape Painting,looks great, well done!:):):):):)

gb_whisper
02-17-2012, 01:36 PM
It is beautiful and what an honor for you. When does it come out? Sorry, but I hate it when ya'll say I quickly did this; and it looks so great! That is my green monster coming out!

Haha I know what you mean. It's like 'it was just a practice'. I hate it so much.

'Quick' because I have to complete it in one day (got interview request on Monday and painted this on Tuesday). It took a night to finish. I believe real painters like Richard Schmid would only need a couple of minutes.

Not quite sure the releasing date. It depends on when they will finish editing all 10 interviews and images and send it off to the printer.

swansong
02-17-2012, 01:41 PM
Wow this is great, landscape is my fave painting subject, this is so cool.

fangtor
02-20-2012, 05:06 PM
Very good painting... I look forward to seeing the others. Some of you are truly amazing I would love to see more video tutorials on ya methods and see more .col and .prs files shared. Also a quick question... some of you seem to be able to make your own styles of brushes... I know how to do this in PS I would love to know what can be done to make brushes in AR... I also don't get how some of you use the stickers to act as brushes. Do they let you blend and manipulate them as paint? I did not think this was the case... so without a proper knife or blending ability how is it truly a brush?

Thanks in advance for the answers I have been a lurker for a long time just now starting to post and converse.

D Akey
02-20-2012, 06:09 PM
Epic scene. Very full. Almost has a Miyazaki background feel to it, only a little more fine arts. Very placid and perfect scene. I would love to be there. :):):)

screenpainter
02-20-2012, 08:06 PM
It's a beautiful painting.

Mairzie Dotes
02-20-2012, 08:14 PM
gb_whisper,
I am not familar with Digital Artist magazine but it is obvious
that they appreciate excellent art such as your landscape.
So charming a tranquil scene, so well painted and sincere
congratulations on being officially recognized for your talent. :)

Juz
02-20-2012, 08:17 PM
The perfect piece to show off artrage, like a big 'OH REALLY' to all the doubters who think digital art is somehow mickey mouse.

Congratulations on your profile in the mag, excellent indeed.

Love your colour palette here, absolutely beautiful. :):)

S5T68IS2TA
02-20-2012, 09:11 PM
Expertly done. Good luck with your magazine entry!

Strandy
02-21-2012, 12:30 AM
I was asked to also submit a landscape painting done in ArtRage but I rarely work on landscape.

But in case you decide to try, you make it neat and tidy. I think, the representation of AR landscapes becomes particularly richer now. Congrats to very well painted piece.

mannafig
02-21-2012, 03:43 AM
Stunning and what a view:):)