PDA

View Full Version : Red Flower Fabric Design/ and Scarf

Alexandra
02-14-2012, 07:14 AM
Just doodling again, and thought maybe this would be suitable for a fabric.
One day....

Scarf with this design.
Also silk robe for Jean.:D

pat1940
02-14-2012, 07:16 AM
Would make a beautiful frabic Sandy, and is a great painting:):):)

Caesar
02-14-2012, 10:22 PM
"Doodles" as professionaly made as this one would be certainly appreciated for quite a number of applications and products.

Alexandra
02-15-2012, 02:26 AM
Pat and Cesare, thanks so much dear friends.

justjean
02-15-2012, 03:09 AM
Sandy, this would be lovely for a silk robe :)

Alexandra
02-15-2012, 03:34 AM
Thank you Jean, and what would think of a scarf on top of a black suit or blazer? Hummmm, may have to design a model wearing an outfit...coming right up madam.;):D

coops
02-15-2012, 04:13 AM
This is beautiful Sandy and as has been said before would make a wonderful fabric. Well done:)

Alexandra
02-15-2012, 03:51 PM
So pleased you liked it Katie, thank you!

coops
02-17-2012, 12:31 AM
These last two are terrific Sandy. The lady with the scarf and hat is great and I can see her attending the Ascot races. Love the design on the silk robe, bet it would sell well in the shop. Well done Sandy on taking the first painting further and further:)

pat1940
02-17-2012, 07:46 AM
These are great Sandy:):):)

justjean
02-17-2012, 07:52 AM
Love them both Sandy, particularly the scarf

Alexandra
02-17-2012, 09:13 AM
Thanks so much Katie, this was a lot of fun. Reminds me of when I made paper dolls for my daughter-good gosh, where does the time go????

I am so pleased that you liked them dear Pat and Jean, many thanks!

silvy
02-18-2012, 03:22 AM
I really like the Lady, with a look some snobby:):)
Great work Alexandra

D Akey
02-18-2012, 05:46 AM
I'm telling ya, Alexandra, you should be designing fabric (along with other things). Lovely stuff.

screenpainter
02-18-2012, 05:53 AM
Lovely fabric. Also beautiful art. Would make a beautiful kimono as well.

Alexandra
02-18-2012, 09:45 AM
I think she must be very snobby Silvy! haha, and thank you!

D Akey, thank you. I have been reading on line trying to find something. I found one and you have to sign over your design to them-and I needed advice on this. Again another avenue where I've turned around when I needed to keep going. I think I will try to consult a fabric company.

Thank you dear Albert.

D Akey
02-18-2012, 11:15 AM
Tentative Advice: Take the cash. You'd no longer be an amateur. Looks good on resumes.

But I would be careful who they are and what other snags there would be to the deal. But for a little bit, I would consider it. And when you do, bend over backwards for them until you get going. Make them want to work with you. One never knows where something leads once you have movement. There are a lot of things you don't know about designing, and they may help you.

Don't overplay that point lest they think you'll be a bother to them. But open inquiry to your employer to find what they want is reasonable. It's good for you and good for them. They may even make recommendations that will set your teeth on edge. But unless it's insane, DO THEM if you want to establish a working relationship. If after a couple freelance jobs it's not working, then you can reconsider your relationship to them.

They will probably have a look they're after based on what they find to be selling. If that isn't completely compatible with what you do, assess that. But I'd say try it. You're always going to have them trying to change your work until they know you and say they want what you do.

Work on layers and save lots of versions when doing a job so you can go back and make adjustments.

Most people take less than glorious jobs at first as a way to get things started. And getting started is something one needs to do.

And do NOT post online where these job leads are.

And make sure you get paid. Careful of scams. :):):)

Alexandra
02-19-2012, 12:49 AM
Thank you D Akey for your great advice.

jibes
02-19-2012, 05:50 AM
Great idea Sandy! At first I thought it was just 3 dif paintings but now see they are all tied together, fun!

eighty+
02-19-2012, 06:28 AM
hi Alex hope you don't mind just messing with your girl if it upset's you

send a kick my way ok :eek::eek::eek:

Alexandra
02-19-2012, 03:52 PM
Hi Neal, thank you! I really enjoyed this one as well. I am having a lot of fun lately. Seems my left side of my brain is taking a break. I think that is it- the right is more artistic? or maybe the whole thing is on break.:p

I like this very much E+. I wanted to make more of a rim or detail on the hat, and the collar was lacking as well-great idea, and thank you dear!
I sure won't be sending a kick your way, unless we square dance or something. Just meet me at the phone booth by Buckingham Palace next Friday about 8ish and wear blue jeans and boots-don't want to look out of place. Remember the steps or we might end up in my hometown with a mason jar of moonshine back in the twenties. I don't know about you, but I just couldn't take that again. Darn those time travelers. Everything is so darned hard these days.

eighty+
02-19-2012, 10:22 PM
Hi Alex pleased you wasn't upset :D as for meeting you at Buck House

i'm not so sure I still remember the last time the trouble I got into :eek:

yeah and thats not forgeting that bloody ROSE :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: I quiet like

the thought of the moonshine but only if its served in a Tiffany glass :D :D