PDA

View Full Version : Year of the Pig

Caesar
02-09-2012, 02:38 AM
Here's my contribution to the thread started by Alexandra and to her kind invitation to disclose visually my Chinese zodiac sign.
Maybe someone would believe to have figured it out already :D, but, ironically or not, according to my birth year, this is the class I curiously fell in! :p
Anyway not a self portrait, just an imaginary character (no reference :mad::p).

limey-g
02-09-2012, 03:44 AM
Nicely done Caesar, interesting that you had to point out that it is not a self portrait. As if we would think otherwise .:D
Geoff

Alexandra
02-09-2012, 05:06 AM
The wonderful boar....I am not surprised dear Cesare! So many nice things about the boar or the pig.
A fantastic painting, love it!

kenmo
02-09-2012, 05:37 AM
What a fantastic pig!!! :):):)

MaryLou
02-09-2012, 05:37 AM
This is great! I especially like the expression. :)

pat1940
02-09-2012, 06:59 AM
Caesar you are so funny, I do really love your pig:D:D

gxhpainter2
02-09-2012, 07:35 AM
Caesar... he has quite the charisma ! love the expression strength and virility of your pig.... a great character :cool::cool::):):D

coops
02-09-2012, 08:46 AM
This is great and so amusing Cesare right down to the necklace and designer glasses. Love it:)

Rowena
02-09-2012, 08:56 AM
Laughing out loud... such a fantastic pig with great attitude and character :cool::D

Strandy
02-09-2012, 09:47 AM
I agree with limey-g. Saying ...it's not me... doesn't suggest absolutely anything. Just a nice portrait of well minded and immaculately dressed for the occasion ...pig :cool:

SCP
02-09-2012, 12:37 PM
hahahaha very funny portrait!!:D Great character well done Caesar.:cool::cool::):)

Syl49
02-10-2012, 12:23 AM
Lol...oh my....this is excellent!

Syl :)

Caesar
02-10-2012, 12:28 AM
Thank You, dear Geoff. A self portrait as the zodiac sign animal was a possibility according to Alexandra's invitation, but, as a fair married guy, I didn't want to be connected or get involved with the seductive activities of this guy. :D

Dear Sandra, actually this Pig does have some boar ancestor I guess, looking at his coarse hair (or rather bristle), not much different from how my once wavy hair turned too getting salt and pepper (salt progressively more than pepper :p). Being also a Gemini I guess I must be a quite dangerous specimen. :p Thank You!

Dear Kenmo, You know, as we say, from a pig nothing's thrown away, but in this case we spared him because in this period his doom would have been quite gloom. :D Thank You!

Thank You, dear Mary Lou! Actually I attended a course on pigs expressivity. :D Kidding. :)

You mean as ham, sausages, bacon and so on, dear Pat? :p Thank You!

Dear Gary, I always envied his great charm and success with the chics and sows. :D Thank You!

I hope that this time I won't be accused to have stolen Your sunglasses in addition to You shoes, dear Katie. :eek::p Thank You!

Nothing to do with the ones of Orwell, I hope, dear Rowena. :D Thank You!

Dear Strandy, You mean that, as Latins used to say: excusatio non petita accusatio manifesta? (i.e., more or less, a not requested excuse is an evident show of guilt) Thank You!

I guess this pig would be a quite tough challenge for any bad wolf to tackle, dear SCP. Thank You!

Thank You, dear Syl49. Now I know the characters You may possibly like.:p

silvy
02-10-2012, 03:53 AM
Davvero un simpatico maialotto:)...potresti inventare un fumetto con lui come protagonista.

Really a fun pig:) ... you may invent a comic with him as the protagonist.

D Akey
02-10-2012, 04:05 AM
He is really a character I have seen around, and I don't mean in cartoons. You have some remarkable details in this. I'm in awe of how well you nailed this personality type through body language and accessories. A great caricature of a type of person. And a very good drawing as well.

Caesar
02-10-2012, 04:36 AM
Grazie, cara Silvia! In un fumetto potrebbe magari essere un play-boy montato da riviera romagnola dei bei tempi andati in cerca di avventure con le turiste di ogni dove, le quali finiscano sempre con qualche inconveniente e un due di picche finale conseguente ... :D

Thank You, dear Silvia! In a comic he could perhaps be a boasting play boy of the Romagna Riviera of the good past times looking for adventures with tourist ladies from all over, which end up always with some inconveniences and a consequent final two of spades (which mans a failure in our idiomatic expression) ... :D

Dear D Akey, thank You very much. Certainly I should work sensibly more (time and patience alas instead than rapid, procedureless, speedy prototyping) to get a better quality of the drawing, but You gave another idea. Maybe nailing (and whipping) characters this way could be something well fitting too my nature in a quite complete and satisfactory way ... ridendo castigo mores! :D